News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peterjoshua

peterjoshua Profile Photo
Member Name: peterjoshua
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Backstage tour of CRY-BABY video...
 Jun 4 2008, 11:05:27 AM
I'm now in love with Carly Jibson. Seriously hilarious. (And it doesn't hurt that she reminds me a LOT of a friend of mine!)
re: GYPSY Souvenir Program..
 Apr 15 2008, 10:08:45 AM
They're not selling them at the St. James yet. When I saw the show on Thursday, they were telling people the programs wouldn't be available for another two weeks. They did give me a card, though, with a phone number and a website (I think it's that one above) where I could order one.
re: patti lupone in gypsy
 Mar 4 2008, 12:00:50 PM
As much as I adore the ground Patti walks on, this thread is one of the funniest things EVER.

Oh -- and somebody really needs to put these poor, gullible posters out of their misery. :)

re: Poto Elon: Uhg...
 Feb 15 2008, 11:02:28 AM
Evidently, they don't teach age makeup in their theatre department.
re: 'Legally Blonde' MTV Closed-Captioning
 Nov 13 2007, 12:10:39 PM
Well said, songanddanceman! I couldn't agree more. Of course there are a few clunkers here and there, as with any musical, but on the whole, the lyrics really are just right for the characters and the material.

"Lyrics in songs from musicals are supposed to represent that characters voice and the words, expressions,quirks of that particular person."

re: Who was LuPones original alternate in Evita?
 Oct 22 2007, 01:25:29 PM
Wow... very interesting article! You don't think much about either of them being all that vulnerable, so it's interesting to hear about their fears -- especially amid the craziness of EVITA.

Terri Klausner's coming here to Austin for two nights in April. Now I'm looking forward to it even more than I already was!! :)

re: Ahhh, memories! 1995 on Broadway
 Aug 17 2007, 11:08:54 AM
That was really fun to see. My very first trip to New York was during the last week of May/first week of June 1995, and I saw 9 shows in 7 days. That brought back a lot of great memories.
re: sarah brightman
 Aug 10 2007, 11:22:08 AM
Personally, I agree with EganFan2 -- loved her as Christine. But in the years since Phantom she's become a caricature of herself. I can't even imagine how someone would sit thru an entire evening of her schticky, overblown, Enya music. But most of all, I just want to know why it is that she sings EVERY vowel sound with her mouth in an O shape. It just really doesn't work that way.
re: Ryan Idol in THE RITZ????
 Aug 8 2007, 11:07:43 AM
Whoa, that was kinda freaky to scroll down and see that (especially first thing in the morning)! Roman, that's the production of Making p*rn that I was in with good ol' Mr. Idol. I'm glad to know you saw it!! :) And it's true, he was great with the fans. (You should've seen what it was like taking him to a gay bar after we did the pride parade!) Unfortunately, we also had to put up with him the rest of the time, too. And that's where the fun ended.

Aug 7 2007, 10:50:06 PM
While I can't tell you for sure about his actual sexual orientation, I can tell you that it's one of the worst kept secrets in the world that he's "gay for pay." When I worked with him, his girlfriend at the time (a blonde aerobics instructor named Rachel) came to visit and saw the show several times. He also got very upset with friends of mine who admitted to other people that he was "straight" because he didn't want the image shattered. (As if there were really any danger of that.) That part h
 Aug 7 2007, 12:11:45 PM
It's not because of his past in p*rn, Action2, it's because the man is crazy. (Thank you for posting this, ILUVTOMG -- I was thinking the exact same thing when I ran across your post!)

I worked with Ryan (aka Anthony) on a production of MAKING p*rn in 2002, and by the end of the run, we all wanted nothing more than to be rid of him. To put it nicely, he basically acted like a 4 year old in a 40 year old's body. And that was on his good days.

And to answer a couple of questions

re: sets for tony performances
 Jun 11 2007, 05:46:32 PM
The performances ARE all taped during the run-through earlier in the day. But the taped versions only serve as a back-up in case something goes wrong during the live show.
re: Gary Mauer - Phantom
 May 22 2007, 10:22:44 AM
I guess I'm the only one who's seen Gary Mauer as the Phantom and HATED him. Saw him on tour a couple of years ago. Frankly, that whole touring company was terrible, and not just the actors. Out of the 4 or 5 times I've seen Phantom, this production was BY FAR the worst. And sadly, Mr. Mauer was right up there with the rest of them.
re: Favorite Comedic Plays
 May 21 2007, 10:14:25 AM
Between a couple of the replies above, my favorites have been listed:

NOISES OFF (go figure.)
ARSENIC AND OLD LACE
LAUGHTER ON THE 23RD FLOOR

And just because there are so many good ones, I'll give honorable mention to THE COMPLEAT WORKS OF WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE (ABRIDGED) and FOR WHOM THE SOUTHERN BELLE TOLLS.

re: Sunset Blvd Changes Question
 May 18 2007, 12:50:43 PM
Well... just my 2 cents, but I agree that Petula's performance was too broadly comic and made the audience a lot less sympathetic toward Norma. Regarding her accent, the thing I remember more than anything else is how over-pronounced all her R's were, like she was having to try way too hard to sound American.
re: Sunset Blvd Changes Question
 May 15 2007, 11:03:54 AM
Exactly right, musical_devotee -- tehcnically, Patti WAS fired. She was contracted to do both London and New York. After her less-than-stellar London reviews (especially the one from Frank Rich), the powers that be decided to get rid of her. That's also when they made the decision to have the American premiere of the show in Los Angeles instead of New York. Patti did sue, but it was settled out of court and she received a hefty undisclosed amount. The whole thing got pretty nasty, evidently.
re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon - Answer Revealed!
 Apr 28 2007, 06:23:45 PM
Well, last night Faith decided to let the cat out of the bag. The show bringing her back to Broadway is A CATERED AFFAIR, the new show written by Harvey Fierstein!

Ms. Prince's show could not have been better, and she couldn't have been more gracious during her stay here, so here's wishing her much success with her upcoming shows!!

Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
 Apr 27 2007, 12:19:08 PM
Faith Prince is performing here in Austin currently, and during last night's (hilarious and fantastic) show she mentioned not only that she would be doing KISMET in London with Michael Ball, but that she was also coming back to Broadway soon. She said she couldn't tell us any more about the show just yet, but she's very excited about it. Any guesses?
re: Great songs in flops
 Mar 21 2007, 11:05:21 AM
I can't believe no one's mentioned Meadowlark from THE BAKER'S WIFE yet (unless I just completely missed it).

re: Indiscretions
 Dec 14 2006, 10:26:12 AM
I didn't know much about this show when I went to see it, and I was a little worried when the show started that it was just going to be a typical farce and that it might not be very good. I needn't have worried, though. I ended up loving the show. As it progressed and got steadily darker and more twisted, it completely drew me in. To me, the standouts in the cast were Jude Law and Eileen Atkins. This show made me a huge fan of both of them. (And, of course, it didn't hurt that Jude stood there f
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You