pixeltracker

Faith Prince back on Broadway soon

Faith Prince back on Broadway soon

peterjoshua Profile Photo
peterjoshua
#1Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 12:19pm

Faith Prince is performing here in Austin currently, and during last night's (hilarious and fantastic) show she mentioned not only that she would be doing KISMET in London with Michael Ball, but that she was also coming back to Broadway soon. She said she couldn't tell us any more about the show just yet, but she's very excited about it. Any guesses?

somethingwicked Profile Photo
somethingwicked
#2re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 2:27pm

I don't see her really fitting in any role currently on Broadway that is going to be vacant in the near future.

The only thing new coming in that I can see her being apart of is "Grease" (as Miss Lynch,) but I really hope she'll take on something that rightfully utilizes her talents.

Isn't she rumored to be doing "Hello, Dolly!" this summer at the MUNY?

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.
Tony Kushner: You can sing it at my funeral.
Updated On: 4/27/07 at 02:27 PM

Smaxie Profile Photo
Smaxie
#2re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 2:46pm

I'd love to see her take on Little Edie!

Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end: then stop.

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#3re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 2:48pm

What theatre is Grease! going to perform at?

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#4re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 2:55pm

Little Edie would be the obvious choice, but I highly doubt Christine Ebersole will leave the show before it closes.

I can't imagine Faith Prince being super excited about playing Miss Lynch - but hey its a pay check...

Maybe Frau B. in YF?

Yankeefan007
#5re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 3:06pm

Neigh.

Mattbrain
#6re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 3:09pm

Blucher!!!!

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#7re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 4:01pm

I agree that Little Edie would be a great role for her but as MB says, the show will probably close once Ebersole's contract expires.
I really hope she's not "really excited" about GREASE though.
Muscle, GREASE is currently scheduled to play the Brooks Atkinson Theatre.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#8re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 4:38pm

Or maybe she'll be in something new?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#9re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 5:30pm

GREASE 2?

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#10re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 5:43pm

DOLLS AND DOLLS?

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#11re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 5:56pm

Runyon with lesbians? I LIKE IT!

but shouldn't it be DOLLS ON DOLLS?

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#12re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 5:57pm

Oh ok, tnks Ray...is that theatre large? I think the last revival with Rosie/Brooke was at the Eugene O'Neill.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

theaterkid1015 Profile Photo
theaterkid1015
#13re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/27/07 at 11:48pm

Maybe she'll do a show in Studio 54 after "110 in the Shade" closes.

Some people paint, some people sew, I meddle.

NathanLaneStalker
#14re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 1:56am

I don't care what she does, I'm just happy to see she's returning to B'way!

"I'm tellin' you, the only times I really feel the presence of God are when I'm having sex and during a great Broadway musical." - Nathan Lane - Jeffrey

MusicalMan76 Profile Photo
MusicalMan76
#15re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 2:18am

What about the character of "Brenda" in "The First Wives Club" musical?

Dolly_Levi Profile Photo
Dolly_Levi
#16re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 2:20am

Faith would be a GREAT choice for FIRST WIVES. Brilliant casting idea...here's hoping that might be it.

Laughter is much more important than applause. Applause is almost a duty. Laughter is a reward. Carol Channing

ray-andallthatjazz86
#17re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 2:25am

The first new project that came to mind when I saw this thread was FIRST WIVES CLUB as well, but I thought they were going for bigger names. Prince would be a riot as Brenda, along Bernadette Peters as Elise and a Donna Murphy or a Megan Mullally in the Diane Keaton role, this show should be the event of the season (whichever season it chooses to premiere).

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

somethingwicked
#18re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 9:51am

Donna Murphy as the meek and mild Annie? No. Mullally maybe, though I see no one being more perfect for that role than Joanna Gleason.

While I agree that Prince would be great as Brenda, that's the role that they're courting Bernadette Peters for (who would never work as Elise now that they changed the character from an aging actress to a former pop idol.)

Tonya Pinkins: Then we had a "Lot's Wife" last June that was my personal favorite. I'm still trying to get them to let me sing it at some performance where we get to sing an excerpt that's gone.

RentBoy86
#19re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 10:39am

Well Mullaly is in YF, so if she's going to be doing First Wives, they'll have to wait a season.

somethingwicked
#20re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 10:56am

RentBoy86, they are waiting quite a bit. The latest article with the creative team said they hope to workshop it this year, play out of town in the fall of next year, and open on Broadway in the Spring of 2009.

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#21re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 10:59am

I love the idea of Frau B!

ray-andallthatjazz86
#22re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 11:28am

Actually, judging from some of her scenes in All About Joan and what I've heard from BIRDS OF PARADISE, I definitely see Donna Murphy being able to do Annie. Most people are familiar with her most recent work but she actually has played an extensive range of characters throughout her career. And yes, Joanna Gleason would be great but I was just throwing someone else as an idea.
I actually dislike the idea of Peters as Brenda, especially when she would be perfect as Elise--the aging actress who gets cast as Monique's mother, not an ex pop-idol. But I'd see Peters in anything (though many people said the same thing about Angela Lansbury and DEUCE). Faith Prince seems like a much better fit for Brenda.

jbdc
#23re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 12:37pm

What about 9 to 5? Is she too old for that?

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#24re: Faith Prince back on Broadway soon
Posted: 4/28/07 at 12:40pm

Grace O'Malley!

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

Videos