News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thesixtyfirstpupil

thesixtyfirstpupil Profile Photo
Member Name: thesixtyfirstpupil
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2012 Evita Recording?  Feb 18 2012, 11:36:38 PM
I know some people will either bash the show or say it's a stupid idea to make a cast recording with Elena after the London one, but with Ricky Martin as Che why wouldn't they want to make a "New Broadway Cast Recording"? Even though we already have Elena on the last London recording, I think it would be wonderful if they captured the entire "re-orchestrated" score, just like they did with the OBCR. Thoughts?
BOM Demo's  Jan 18 2012, 07:33:57 PM
Can someone send me the demo also? It's always fascinating to hear how a show changes over time.
Phantom 25th BluRay - New Vocals?  Dec 22 2011, 11:17:16 PM
best12, I have never laughed at anything on the internet that was genuinely funny until I read your comment. That woman...oh God. She went cross-eyed one too many times for me during "Greenfinch..."
Phantom 25th BluRay - New Vocals?  Dec 22 2011, 11:26:59 AM
I noticed it too, but it didn't bother me that much because I was expecting vocal touch-ups. Especially during Hannibal, because your could barely hear the chorus in the theaters. Very enjoyable DVD though.
Flawed Musicals You'd Like To See Revised  Dec 15 2011, 11:28:25 PM
Chess. Just someone fix that show please. Or Dance of the Vampires. Find a way to make that monster work.
Sarah Brightman Needs to Stop  Dec 2 2011, 05:33:22 PM
Old news, I know, but does it bother anyone else that during Ms. Brightman's run in POTO they recorded the vocal cadenza, put it on the Cast Recording, used it in the show, and lip-synched to it (not to mention that her entire performance was pre-recorded)on the Tony's? Couldn't they have recorded a new one after the CR came out? And why the HELL are they still letting her use the goddamn thing 25 YEARS later?! Sorry...it bothers me to no end.
PLAYBILL Covers of the 2011-2012 Season  Dec 1 2011, 03:12:17 PM
Not digging the new Phantom Playbill, but that's just me. :P I bet the Rebecca Playbill will have Sierra's face on it somewhere.
Les Miserables Tour  Aug 31 2011, 07:02:25 PM
Not really. It should stay off for a few more years. After all, the "revival" closed in 2008, and the original production closed in 2003, so let's postpone the 2nd revival for another 10-15 years. :P
The Hollow / Boy Detective @ Signature  Aug 27 2011, 10:44:07 PM
Well, Boy Detective was one of the strangest shows I've seen. It had its moments of brilliance, but most of the time I felt very confused. For the first 15-20 minutes of the show, I could barely understand any of the lyrics, but the story seemed to come across fairly easily. It had great potential until it got to the strange scientist (who almost seemed like he was going to molest the lead). Then things took a turn for the worst with the whole Penny Maple character who danced with a coat rack an
The Hollow / Boy Detective @ Signature  Aug 27 2011, 09:24:05 PM
I saw The Hollow on Wednesday, and I think it has potential to be a great show. Some of the songs need work on placement/lyrics, but the music definitely has some hummable tunes. I'd be first in line to buy the Cast Recording. The Boy Detective on the other hand wasn't my favorite show. I saw the show on Thursday (which was the World Premiere, I believe), and it wasn't awful, but it needs aLOT of work. As far as I know, shows are still on for Sunday (from Signature's Fan Page), but tonight's per
Alice Ripley stage door.  Jul 8 2011, 12:15:02 PM
qolbinau, she sounded determined to finish her run, but I can't guarantee that she'll be on all four times. I know Curt Hansen should be performing during the Charlotte run cuz he has family coming then.
Alice Ripley stage door.  Jul 8 2011, 12:33:00 AM
Delusional fans, ahhrealmonsters? I know she invites her friends backstage, but "delusional fans"? Her husband was kind enough to let one of his old band friends, myself, and my friends visit them backstage for a little less than an hour tonight, but we're nowhere near being "delusional fans". Sorry, I'm not trying to pick a fight, I just thought that was a tad offensive to Alice. She's not the crazy woman she plays onstage every night.
Alice Ripley stage door.  Jul 8 2011, 12:26:23 AM
Well, Alice definitely needs her rest. I quote, "I've been crying every night except on Mondays for the past 3 years. I need a break." She deserves to stay backstage for a while after the show, so she can get out of character and calm herself. She's worked very hard on her performance, and she lets everything go when she's onstage for us to see. I'm not trying to say that you guys are wrong for being upset that she doesn't come out. I just think that she has every right to choose when she doesn'
Guess who Barbra has talked to for the part of Herbie?  May 26 2011, 06:43:15 PM
...that's not even funny considering the fact that he died recently. In case you didn't know... :P
Turn Off the Dark Cast Recording  May 25 2011, 07:06:50 PM
Oh. My bad. :P
Turn Off the Dark Cast Recording  May 25 2011, 06:57:48 PM
No matter how much I think it's a giant pile of sh*t, I'm interested to see how their cast recording will turn out since they've only recorded 14 songs from the show. :P
Spider-Man: The Show Has Potential.  Apr 2 2011, 06:47:58 PM
Personally, I think the show has potential too. I was one of those people who said the show was awful in the beginning (having just listened to the First Preview audio), but since I've seen it twice now, I think they just need a bit of reworking.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!

Ok, so here's my shpeel. Act I is salvageable. Just develop a better relationship between Peter and Uncle Ben and Aunt May before Ben dies/the slaughter of the origin story. Uncle Ben NEEDS to be shot by the robber w

Happy Birthday To Lord Andrew Lloyd-Webber!  Mar 22 2011, 09:15:16 PM
It's also Stephen Sondheim's birthday, just in case you wanted to celebrate one of (if not THE) finest theatrical composers the world has ever seen. Happy birthday Steve! And Andrew too, I guess. AND OF COURSE SHATNER!
'Name That Show'  Mar 20 2011, 08:30:25 PM
Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson

1. Same name as a board game.
2. Starred Judy Kuhn.
3. FLOP!
4. Lyrics by Tim Rice.
5. Opening night's intermission lasted an hour and a half.

NAME THAT SHOW!!

Wicked Touring Company Question  Mar 16 2011, 12:23:17 AM
Does anyone know if there's a way to set up a (personal) backstage tour with Wicked? I want to set one up for my friend's birthday because they've never seen a Broadway (or Touring) show before, and they're the one who introduced me to the show. Suggestions would be greatly o-ppreciated.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You