Wicked Touring Company Question

thesixtyfirstpupil Profile Photo
thesixtyfirstpupil
#1Wicked Touring Company Question
Posted: 3/16/11 at 12:23am

Does anyone know if there's a way to set up a (personal) backstage tour with Wicked? I want to set one up for my friend's birthday because they've never seen a Broadway (or Touring) show before, and they're the one who introduced me to the show. Suggestions would be greatly o-ppreciated. Wicked Touring Company Question

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#2Wicked Touring Company Question
Posted: 3/16/11 at 12:28am

There's really no straightforward answer to this question. Backstage tours really only happen if you have a connection in the cast or theatre management. I have read some stories on here about a few people just getting lucky and a cast member offers to take you back, but that's not a common thing. You can't just set up a personal tour though. Hope this helps.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

singtopher Profile Photo
singtopher
#2Wicked Touring Company Question
Posted: 3/16/11 at 8:22am

Call the theatre itself (administration, not box office) and see if they can get you in touch with someone who could help you. It may involve calling 17 different people, and be prepared from them to simply say, "No."

"If this is going to be a Christian nation that doesn't help the poor, either we have to pretend that Jesus was just as selfish as we are, or we've got to acknowledge that He commanded us to love the poor and serve the needy without condition and then admit that we just don't want to do it." -Stephen Colbert

AEA AGMA SM
#3Wicked Touring Company Question
Posted: 3/16/11 at 10:46am

The people you would really want to contact within the show are the either the production stage manager or the company manager. You can send mail to them addressed to the theater they are currently playing in. If you aren't able to find out their names you can address it to Stage Management or Company Management, Wicked and then your theater's address.

Videos