News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for GreeceMusicalPerform

GreeceMusicalPerform Profile Photo
Member Name: GreeceMusicalPerform
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Amanda Seyfried as Cosette - Photos
 Apr 21 2012, 05:04:53 AM
Really? I didn't think her voice was that special. I can't magine her singing Cosette's high soprano stuff.
will amanda seyfried dye her hair brown wear a wig or keep it blonde for Les Mis?
 Apr 11 2012, 05:24:08 PM
That translation is kind of weird; the original french translates as auburn, if my French serves me correctly, auburn and chestnut. Chestnut is dark brown with red undertones.
Cosette is definitely a brunette in the book, mentioned so several times; Eponine is probably the one with auburn hair. And Fantine's a blonde. I wish they'd keep it so.

Les Mis movie auditions
 Jul 25 2011, 07:58:46 AM
Does anyone know anything about the Les Mis movie auditions? Thanks x
Fantine - Leading or Featured Role?
 Mar 7 2011, 10:36:28 AM
Javert should be considered leading- but Valjean is the true lead of the story.
Fantine - Leading or Featured Role?
 Mar 7 2011, 09:40:40 AM
First of all- are you crazy? Cosette might be important to the plot, but she has such few songs! And not even a solo!
Eponine is the leading female role, if we go by songs. She has around 12; Cosette has about 7-8 (if you count Little Cosette too).
Frances Ruffele might've gotten the tony for a supporting actress, but still- Eponine sings way more than Cosette.
And yes, Fantine is a leading role, most definitely. It goes like this: Fantine > Eponine > Cosette > Madame T.

re: Who is your favorite Cosette in Les Miserables?
 Nov 1 2010, 02:02:31 AM
How old are you, 13?
 Oct 31 2010, 07:23:59 PM
There's no need for you to get mean, but yes, this website is boring.
 Oct 31 2010, 05:56:08 PM
Hands down, Gina Beck and Katie Hall. Gina was seriously absolutely amazing with the part, and Katie is just lovely- both are great Cosettes. Much better than most other ones!
re: What Character From A Broadway Show Do You Most Relate To?
 Oct 31 2010, 02:48:26 PM
I am (most definitely) an ingenue, so I have to say...
Cosette from LM or Christine from POTO...
Cosette, because I am exactly her age, I am very close with my father, he and I take walks together all the time (helping the poor as well), but on the other side, he controls most of the things I do, much like JvJ- I also have my own garden, but that's another story... besides from the fact that I can sing the part and I am physically suitable for it.
Christine because, as I said, I am c

Toughest roles to sing
 Oct 31 2010, 12:33:27 PM
To sing...
Christine and Carlotta and The Phantom from Phantom of the Opera. Someone else might suggest Piangi, as well, but his part is not very demanding for someone who has been trained as an Opera singer... Carlotta is more demanding, though.
Judas and Jesus from JCS are definitely among the most demanding ones.
Jean Valjean is a little demanding, too- maybe that's why in some productions, there's an alternate.

Jennifer Hope Wills and John Cudia to exit PHANTOM September 4
 Oct 31 2010, 12:25:19 PM
To tell the truth, I am glad they left. Jennifer might have a lovely voice and look the part (even though she's not 18 like Christine), I firmly disliked her acting. And I didn't like John Cudia because of his voice, the sound of it was not very Phantom-ish.
Sara Jean Ford and Hugh Panaro are wonderful, though, I think they truly deserved it- both are great performers!

re: [ACTOR] Should So Play [ROLE!]
 Oct 31 2010, 11:46:08 AM
Gina Beck should so play Christine in Love Never Dies.
David Shannon should so play the Phantom in Love Never Dies.

Do We Need Abs on Broadway?
 Oct 31 2010, 09:50:13 AM
No, you don't need abs unless you're playing a part who has abs. In general, you have to be very fit to cope with a big role on Broadway, but abs are not necessery.
What's a role you've always wanted to play?
 Oct 31 2010, 09:48:31 AM
Cosette from LM and Christine from POTO- both are my top dream roles!
re: Dream Role
 Oct 31 2010, 09:47:07 AM
Cosette - Les Miserables
Christine - Phantom of the Opera
Johanna - Sweeney Todd
Maria - West side story
Maria - The sound of music
Eliza - My fair lady

I would kill to play these parts! Especially the first 4!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You