News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Menken Fan

Menken Fan Profile Photo
Member Name: Menken Fan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

DEATH BECOMES HER Previews
 Oct 25 2024, 09:43:08 PM

Such a classy and accurate message from Megan.

DEATH BECOMES HER Previews
 Oct 24 2024, 11:53:55 PM

MemorableUserName said: "Here's a photo from last night's Playbill

"

I saw Natalie Charle Ellis go on for Jen Simard in the Chicago run, and she was just as magnificent as Jen. 

Zachery Levi says Gavin Creel died of COVID vaccine.
 Oct 24 2024, 10:00:27 PM

I have always had a great appreciation for Norbert Leo Butz, but never as much as today. 

Tony Awards 1990
 Oct 17 2024, 09:00:33 PM

I love Grand Hotel (and have appeared in a local production). They presented it at Encores a few years back, and it was spectacular.  I was really, really hoping it would transfer to Broadway.  

Rocky Horror 2025 Revival
 Oct 17 2024, 01:24:02 PM

I think the show works best with a male-presenting actor in women’s clothing as Frank. Since the character is a “transvestite” not a drag queen or trans woman. I’m all on the Sydney James Harcourt bandwagon. I also think Ryan McCartan would be an excellent Brad, as he was in the Fox movie, and he would probably jump at the chance, since he often says it was his favorite role. 

Oct 17 2024, 01:11:42 PM

Broadway Bob* said: "The 2000 ROCKY HORROR revival, directed by Chris Ashley at the Circle in the Square, was one of my favorite things of all times! I first saw it as an audience member and then was lucky enough to get to usher for it for several months up until its first closing night (due to 9/11). Alas, I was out of town during the 6-week return so didn't get to witness the amazingness of Gilbert Gottfried (and the other guest stars) as the Narrator!!! I say just bring back t

Oct 16 2024, 09:34:02 PM

LeftofLinus said: "darquegk said: "I love Hunter Foster’s production at Bucks County: neither a wild out of the box take nor a faithful recreation of any of the past versions. Just a wild parade of numbers and gags both timely and classic."

Did we see the same show?Hunter's version was one of the worst things I ever saw. I didn't know Rocky could be so unsexy orunfunny. There is more to the show than just making fisting and jerk-off motions

Katie Brayben what performances does she miss?
 Oct 14 2024, 08:25:35 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Per Autumn, she will be performingthe Sunday evening performances."

Of course, I have Sunday evening tickets for next month. Hoping I can exchange them to see Katie. 

Beanie Feldstein & More to Star in SPELLING BEE at Kennedy Center
 Oct 13 2024, 10:58:41 AM

Mickey3309 said: "Show was fantastic. Strong cast all around - no weak links. I thoughtNoah Galvin was especially fantastic, but everyone was wonderful. One correction to the above - it’s not just Marcy. PhilippeArroyo is in the cast too. It was a joyous experience."

Right, Philippe, who was tremendous. I wasn’t sold on the whole cast when they announced it, but wow, perfection, each and every one. 

Beanie Feldstein & More to Star in SPELLING BEE at Kennedy Center
 Oct 11 2024, 10:47:56 PM

Just saw the first performance at the Kennedy Center. Disclaimer:  I’ve always been a super fan of the show, but can also be quite critical of some of the productions I’ve seen. That said, I think this production is nearly perfect. The only thing keeping it from being perfect is that it’s not the original Broadway production. The cast was tremendous, and it was as fully staged as you’d expect from a show that might have sights set on a NY revival. 

DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
 Oct 9 2024, 06:19:43 PM

Doesn't the "In Memoriam" at the Tony Awards serve the same purpose, allow for more people to be honored, and provide an opportunity for more people to observe the tribute?

DIM ALL THE LIGHTS
 Oct 9 2024, 04:53:52 PM

This tradition needs to be replaced by something else. Seems like every time we lose someone, there's controversy, emotions and arguments about who is deserving and how many theatres will participate. The fight over how to memorialize these artists is exhausting and completely takes attention away from remembering their contributions.

And how many people actually go to the Broadway district and observe the dimming vs. how many get involved in the demands and controversy?

Carolee Carmello, Game Show Champion
 Oct 4 2024, 03:58:16 PM

If you're interested, she and her family were on Family Feud back in the 90s.  Apparently, she was quite the game show regular...

Carolee Carmello on Family Feud

GHOST OF JOHN MCCAIN at Soho Playhouse
 Sep 25 2024, 09:40:17 AM

Unfortunately, the reviews are pretty accurate. I feel bad for the producers, who obviously put their personal experiences and heart into this, and for the cast, who are all super talented. 

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
 Sep 19 2024, 12:33:25 PM

BroadwayNYC2 said: "How I’ve missed her so much."

I was just saying last week that we haven't seen her in a long time.  So thrilled she'll be back on stage and in this show! Front row tickets purchased.

GHOST OF JOHN MCCAIN at Soho Playhouse
 Sep 3 2024, 10:14:40 PM

I saw it tonight. It was obviously heavily papered based on the audience reaction and the full house vs the availability yesterday. Great cast, working very hard, but it just didn’t work for me. It seemed like an overly long SNL sketch or some Second City political parody. The political figures were cartoonish. It was trying to be very broadly funny, but I didn’t really laugh at all. The only part I found amusing was “Lindsey Graham”’s song, “Good Boy.&rdqu

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 26 2024, 09:37:58 AM

It wasn’t yet on Broadway at the time, but the Little Shop of Horrors movie put out a ton of merchandise, mostly Audrey II related. I have a lot of it, including games, trading cards and candy. 

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Aug 25 2024, 07:43:46 PM

The marketing for this movie will be getting crazy. Wicked Cookie Dough Pop Kits?

THE NOTEBOOK To Launch National Tour Fall 2025
 Aug 17 2024, 08:14:02 PM

I enjoyed the show very much. Saw it three times in Chicago and twice on Broadway. Love the score and performances. I understand others have wildly different opinions, but now that I’ve read such objective facts about it being manipulative garbage and not having “real theatre songs,” I guess I should skip the tour when it comes to town. It will probably be hard to get tickets anyway. 🙄

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 28 2024, 01:45:43 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "There was one funny joke about her becoming a billionaire and Jewish in the same day that made me laugh but what bothered them? That he was frugal in his spending when they lost everything? I can’t think of anything else it could be."

I remember that line, and it was pretty funny. I don't know their specific concerns. I'm assuming it has to do with themes of frugality and greed. I didn't pick up on it, but it was the first thi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You