News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for menzelphaba

menzelphaba Profile Photo
Member Name: menzelphaba
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Crush?
 Jun 28 2007, 01:44:20 PM
ANDY KARL, people...it's real, and it's deep
I would also take me some Marc Kudisch as well...

re: Best male broadwy voice right now : Hadley Fraser
 Apr 26 2007, 11:54:12 AM
Marc Kudish is amazing....saw him in See What I Wanna See, and his voice is so incredibly rich and strong.
re: Re: Little Girl cries at Color Purple!
 Apr 26 2007, 11:52:08 AM
This thread makes me wet my pants from laughing so hard. That little b*tch was annoying. But the whole thing was staged from the beginning. Apparently the girl was there for a dress rehearsal the night before the actual Idol show. The producers saw her crying, invited her back to the actual show, and that night sat her right up front, with Nigel, the producer, like two rows behind her. It's not like they "accidentally" found her in the audience that night with the camera, it was all planned
re: Prob the hardest desicion of my life. HELP
 Apr 24 2007, 02:03:54 PM
well THIS thread was a waste of two clicks....
re: AIDA - my production! (pictures inside! feedback appreciated!)
 Apr 5 2007, 01:30:18 PM
i kind of LOVE the way you assume that everyone that commented on the shirtless guy was an "old queen." You might be surprised how many "high school kids" are into older guys...don't sound so derogatory....
re: Broadway performers that (currently) reside in New Jersey...
 Apr 2 2007, 03:39:18 PM
One of the female stars of the current revival of "A Chorus Line" lives in Parsippany....I saw a piece on the news that was done about her, but I don't remember her name...
re: The Cast of CAMP...where are they now?
 Mar 30 2007, 12:05:51 PM
Tony Nelson, one of the guys in the chorus, who seems to have put his face in every other shot of the movie, was in a summer stock plays in the park production of Aida in the summer of 2005. He played Mereb, and quite frankly, was the worst voice of the all of the lead and supporting characters. His bio in the playbill was nothing after Camp other than local community shows.
re: Open Calls/AEA Equity Calls
 Mar 29 2007, 09:28:22 AM
I just went back and read the Actor's Equity article from her....it was Animal Crackers at the Paper Mill
 Mar 28 2007, 09:08:41 PM
this is all such great info...thank you guys so much...I guess my other part to this question is this...you have all mentioned college-age people that have gotten jobs on open calls...what about adults? Like those of us in the over 40 range.....anyone gotten their first Broadway gig from an open call as an adult? Again, thanks for all the info...it's been great!
 Mar 28 2007, 04:31:47 PM
lol..>THANK YOU...at least be smart enough to bring someone who sucks with you..
 Mar 28 2007, 02:37:08 PM
Kristin was cast at the Paper Mill Playhouse. I can't remember the show right off-hand. She was there to just support a friend who was going to audition and decided to audition as well. She has the story on the Actor's Equity website, under the "how I got my card" section.
 Mar 28 2007, 01:43:19 PM
oh wow...so true..I totally forgot about Kristin Cheno. Interesting....
Open Calls/AEA Equity Calls
 Mar 28 2007, 01:26:03 PM
Does anyone on here actually KNOW of someone, or have themselves been cast from an open call, or gone to an equity call as a non-equity actor and gotten cast? I was just curious to see if it is actually worth the time as a non-equity actor to attend some of those equity chorus and principal calls? I've been to a couple, but it just seems to be a requirement that they fulfill, and not that they are actually looking at anyone seriously for roles? Thanks for the input
re: Golden Globe Noms today!
 Dec 13 2005, 11:10:00 AM
AOL (Reuter) Entertainment News is posting that Rent got three nominations...for Best Soundtrack, Best Ensemble Cast, and Best Song with Seasons of Love....I'm confused.....
re: RENT movie garners exactly zero Golden Globe nods!
 Dec 13 2005, 11:06:47 AM
this is where I'm a little confused....AOL Entertainment News (Reuter) is reporting that Rent got three nominations...one for best Ensemble Acting, one for Best Soundtrack, and one for Best Song with Seasons of Love....yet the Website Link posted in the other thread says there were no nominations....
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You