News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for XxVeGanChaPstickxX

XxVeGanChaPstickxX Profile Photo
Member Name: XxVeGanChaPstickxX
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Dream parts/plays
 Jan 17 2005, 05:03:39 PM
Tateh in Ragtime.
re: What is it with middle schools and Into the Woods?
 Jan 16 2005, 10:55:09 PM
Into the Woods is possibly one of the worst junior versions I've ever had to witness...

re: Theater Fans
 Jan 16 2005, 10:41:53 PM
I totally understand what you mean by this, however, I tend to see this more with Wicked fans than anything else...

What bugs me even more than this is the Theatre snobs who thinks widely loved shows such as Wicked or Rent are "beneath" them because they're popular.

But then again, this is theatre we're talking about, people are expected to be bitchy.

re: Rejection stories
 Jan 12 2005, 10:20:20 PM
Dreamcatcher,

I feel your pain.

Asian pride.

Jan 12 2005, 09:35:19 PM
Renthead, I totally understand that my ethnicity will most likely lose me some roles in the future,

but for a highschool show as "Harold Hill"? I was running under the impression that, that character was ethnically ambiguous...

However, our sister school is putting on "Ragtime" this year, and cast an asian american as "coalhouse" which I find insane.

You never know anymore, huh?

Jan 11 2005, 10:07:35 PM
Last year my director wanted to cast me as "Harold Hill" In my highschool's production of :The Music Man:, but my principle stepped in and said that I was "Too ethnic" to play the part.

I'm flippin' Asian American.

I no longer attend that school, and while not for that reason, I'm extremely glad.

This year I got the male lead in our school's fall play. And not to brag, but apparently no one here cares how "ethnic" I am.

I'm praying this won't be a problem la

re: Why was Bare disliked?
 Jan 11 2005, 08:56:11 PM
Not to sound redundent... but I too have not heard one bad review of BARE.

and I'm not sure that the gay factor would have a whole lot to do with the show being unliked... If this were true than how would shows such as RENT and The Boy From Oz do so well?

Just a thought.

re: John Tartaglia
 Jan 10 2005, 09:42:14 PM
Sometimes I wonder if I really am gay. Perhaps my whole life has been a mistake, and I read my emotions wrong or some such thing.

Then I see men like John Tartaglia, and I realize that yes.

I really am gay.

re: Little shop
 Jan 9 2005, 10:24:16 PM
Actually, I looked on ticket master, and it says that it will be here for about a week. I could be wrong, or maybe we're both right?

Who knows, but I guess it never hurts to double check.

Hopefully it will be coming in June though, which would make my decision a whole lot easier.

Oh, and Dreamcatcher, if you go to the link that Joshua488 posted, you can find a few really awesome clips from the touring cast.

re: Little shop
 Jan 9 2005, 08:18:10 PM
Thanks for the advice racetrack.

Trust me, I would KILL to go to both, but I'm also going to prom, paying for an outside theatre company, and attempting to see Wicked as well when it comes in april... and I'm currently recieving minimum wage... soo...

At this moment I'm leaning towards little shop, because even without Anthony, if the Audrey is good that should make up for it.

Thanks again. Any more info would be awesome.

Little shop
 Jan 9 2005, 07:38:08 PM
Has anyone seen the touring Little Shop cast yet? They're coming to Chicago later this month, and I have to decide between Little Shop and and Les Mis, niether which I have seen.

And does anyone know if Anthony Rapp will still be in the cast by this time? because *that* might be the deciding factor for me. Thanks.

Ragtime
 Jan 9 2005, 07:23:53 PM
I just saw the Illinios highschool allstate show RAGTIME, and it blew me away.

Does anyone know when this show is planning on getting revived?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You