News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Great Dame

Member Name: Great Dame
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Feb 19 2019, 04:12:53 PM

Tag said: "So they've hashtagged #ladyolaf, so does that mean they have changed Olaf to a girl?"

I think just because a woman is now playing Olaf. I'm interested to hear her do the voice.  I wonder if she will sound similar to Josh Gad like Greg did, or if she will have a very different tonal quality. 

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Feb 11 2019, 02:00:55 PM

RWPrincess said: "Somewhat of a spoiler but I did not like how they handled the snow machine. It was a lot of "snow" really fast. It felt like they kept refreshing the snow that was falling rather than just doing it once and stopping.It was also some type of thin tissue paper that easily stuck to my sweater and my mom's sweater. I had to vacuum my foyer after I got home because of all the "snow" still falling off me. I wish someone from this theater would go t

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Jan 16 2019, 10:20:18 AM

I am digging the idea of a female Olaf! I can't wait to see her do the role! I am also thrilled to hear Caissie and Patti are extending!

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 14 2018, 10:59:30 AM

inception said: "I stopped at the mall on the way home from work & picked up a copy of the cast album &just now heard the Hygge song for the first time - pretty funny!"

Haha, ya I know some people don't like it but I think that song is hilarious, and it's even funnier in person. I just picture Bobby and Kristen Lopez writing a naked song and giggling while they handed it to Disney execs haha. I think you'll enjoy the show. Haters like to complain

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 13 2018, 06:44:01 PM

inception said: "Thinking about my niece just brought another question to mind:
Are the Anna & Elsa plush dolls available at the show gift shop different from the standard plush Anna & Elsa dolls that she already has from the Disney store?
"

When I saw the show last month these plush dolls were available at the gift shop, as well as in the theater. Before the show and during intermission, ushers walk around with baskets selling items such as those plush d

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 13 2018, 06:39:28 PM

_(•_&bull_/ said: "For example, after watching frozen the Sven puppet got me into Puppertry. I also love the darkness of it, I feel like it gives it an adult feel to the story.

I think Patti is outstanding. I have no issue with Let it go not having a castle.

The ensemble works their a** off. The nude sauna is kinda weird and that should have been cut. But it was great!
"

I LOVE the darkness too! It definitely ages it up a bit, but I also think it makes it more relatable for adults. Life is hard, and sometimes it's dark. I like that they didn't sugarcoat everything for kids. They literally throw out the idea of suicide in a Disney show.

Hahaha I loved Hygge! I think it's hilarious and the ensemble looks like they have a blast with it. I sat front row and was dying laughing because that angle is just really funny hahahaha! And the ensemble knows it, and makes a lot of eye contact and engages the front a lot during that number. Is it musical theater genius? No, but it wasn't supposed to be. It's supposed to be a light comedic moment that is kind of fluffy. I liked the interview with Bobby and Kristen where they talked about that song, it's purpose and feel and how they also just thought it was funny to write a naked song for a Disney show. Hahaha, but I recognize that song is not for everyone lol :) 

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 13 2018, 05:52:12 PM

inception said: " Can anyone tell me how long the 1st act runs? Since a lot of other shows have 3pm Sunday matinees maybe I can also see something else after "Let it Go." Google says it is only a 10 minute walk from the St James to the Niel Simon - does that sound right for winter?"

If you leave before Monster or Colder By the Minute you're crazy haha! Act 2 is great! I would stay for the whole thing. Yes, it is based on the movie, but there is new

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 11 2018, 05:51:15 PM

I adore Hygge! I think it is a hilarious light moment that features the ensemble, who look like they genuinely are having fun with the number, while people get back to their seats. I love that there's a nude scene in a Disney show haha! Well played Kristen and Bobby! I also ADORE the Elsa pantsuit! I've sat front row and it is a work of art, but even more gorgeous are the boots that Caissie is wearing with that costume. Holy cow they are beautiful. Actually, I love every costume and a

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 10 2018, 06:47:39 PM

RWPrincess said: "
I have seen very mixed feedback on this show so I’m very curious to see it for myself. I know some folks had issues with Aladdin too but it’s hard to convert a 90min movie to a 2.5 hour stage show. I get that and I’m looking forward to the added content."

If you like Disney, especially the movie Frozen, you will definitely enjoy the show. There's something in there for everyone! Some of my absolute favorite parts are new

Official FROZEN Performances Thread  Dec 10 2018, 05:54:04 PM
Take three *eye rolling*. I love this show. Period. End. Lovely story, lovely music lovely humans. Every time I see it I feel pure joy. It's impossible to leave the St. James without a smile on your face. I can't wait to see it again!
Do you think Roles are more demanding?  Dec 10 2018, 05:50:50 PM
A few things exist now that didn't before. Social media and self promotion. Actors are doing a lot of their own brand-building through social media. Also, unions. The union has been fighting for actor's rights, so just because something happened a certain way in 1970, doesn't mean it was right. Sick days, vacations, maternity leave, etc. these are all things people in the industry and fans alike have wanted. So now that they are starting to be a regular component of good company benefits, we sh
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 11/25/18  Dec 2 2018, 02:50:41 PM

a-mad said: "Is that a house record for the St James? (Frozen?)"

I was wondering that too. It was a good looking week for them! 

FROZEN Previews  Oct 24 2018, 06:51:50 PM

Sondheimite said: "...I don't have much sympathy for someone playing a shared lead in a Disney show."

There it is, I wondered when the Disney dig would come in. As if being the lead of a Disney show is less demanding? Look, no matter what you think these two successful talented well-liked women should be doing, they get to do whatever their boss lets them do. None of my business, none of your business, or anyone else's for that matter. Also your 28 hour work

FROZEN Previews  Oct 23 2018, 08:44:26 AM
Natashalost exactly! I'll admit I'm a raging Caissie Levy fan and feel like I'm in Dumbledore's Army rushing to her defense when I see anything negative about her from people online hahaha! She is flawless on and off stage, and the nicest person. She doesn't really get dragged often which is good. Just curious, do you have the number of shows each have missed? Now I'm just nerding out and am curious about numbers. Is it common for cast members of new shows to miss more after award season? I feel
FROZEN Previews  Oct 22 2018, 09:17:34 AM
Something else I just thought of is that they are preparing to launch a national tour next year. Perhaps Disney is wanting to see the standbys more as they make tour casting decisions. Some of them could potentially land the lead roles for the tour. Anyway, my overall point is we don't know and it's not really our business. We all hope to see the leads obviously, and I know when I fly out next week I'll be disappointed if I don't. But I won't drag them online.
FROZEN Previews  Oct 22 2018, 09:08:46 AM

_(•_&bull_/ said: "I agree with you Great dame. Plus Caissie has not missed as many shows as Patti. Also Caissie got very sick a couple weeks ago with a throat infection. Im sure being a mother comes first instead of being Elsa, and thats what it should be. Who are we to judge? The show still goes on! yeesh, everyone just needs to cut her some slack.

Patti on the other hand, she misses TONS of shows, and Like you said some of them are cause of her promoting the show, but most of the time its not.
"

We also don't know what's going on with her. If she was outside her contract Disney would release her. Maybe she negotiated for more personal days, who knows. They have contracts and Disney is hardly going to let anyone default on it, so it's really no one's business but Patti's and her boss. She has been on vocal rest too, so they may be telling her to take some extra shows off so she can come back strong and not injure herself. We ultimately don't know the situation outside what she herself tweets. 

FROZEN Previews  Oct 22 2018, 01:58:47 AM

GreeneStreet said: "No. Those are excuses, they had fine attendance untill they both were shut out of the Tonys. I get it people get sick, but theres performers doing the show sick and injured all over broadway, its your job. If Caissie wanted to spend time with her family she shouldnt have said yes to this job. Laura benanti turned down a dream role to be with her family. Hailey kilgore broke her foot on stage and still finished the show and tried to keep going. I have zero sympathy

Bad or odd set designs  Sep 2 2018, 06:14:32 PM
I'm surprised by how many people don't like the Wicked set. I like the steampunk feel, and if you've read the book it makes a little more sense. Do you think that's enough to rely on though? I know most people haven't read the book, and the Time Dragon Clock is a much bigger deal in the book than in the show. Anyway, I like the Wicked set.
Frozen stage door  Aug 10 2018, 09:32:23 PM

Yes you can get to it from the street, it's right on 44th :) They just set up metal stanchion things and want anyone stagedooring inside those as to not clog up the sidewalk for people trying to pass the theater. If you are standing still outside those, security will ask you to keep walking. 

Frozen stage door  Aug 9 2018, 10:31:46 PM

I have stagedoored it three times now and was able to get a great spot each time. I was in right lower orchestra, front row once, and was still able to get a good spot. I'm just one person though so I moved quickly, and that time was a matinee. If you have multiple people maybe send your fastest person on and the others can catch up. I always waited to leave until the bows were over and the curtain was closing. If you exit through the rows of seats you can get out the side doors in t

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You