News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for caitiesus1522

caitiesus1522 Profile Photo
Member Name: caitiesus1522
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.castalbums.org/users/407/collection/
Blog Address:
Profile: ...

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Songs Performers SHOULD NOT Put on Their Solo Album
 Jul 6 2008, 12:48:34 PM
Some of the "classics"need to be retired. I never need to hear another solo artist sing Music of the Night, Being Alive, Bring Him Home or Anthem. I probably have a dozen versions of each already -- find something else to do already!
re: NYC Song Contest-I won a CD!
 May 23 2008, 08:32:50 AM
I am SO glad that relistening to all those shows was worth it!

Congrats to everyone who won something! I wish I could see the lists.

re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?
 May 22 2008, 11:14:02 PM
Cats
Pirate Queen

anyone ever hear the cast recording of Bingo? I didn't see it, but the music is horrible!

May 22 2008, 10:32:52 PM
Yeah, please be patient. I am sure you got something!

I want to see the top two or three lists, I think it would be cool to find out what people came up with!

May 22 2008, 10:17:23 PM
Wait wait wait. You won a CD with only 65?

Seriously?

I thought people would need well over a hundred to get anything.

re: Tony Nominees Are... (from the official website)
 May 13 2008, 08:40:12 AM
Little Mermaid should have the spot? Seriously? I saw it and thought it was absolutely dreadful, I am very happy it is not up for Best Musical. I don't need to see Cry Baby to assume that it is better.

Yay for Passing Strange getting 9 nominations.

Also, Sondheim :)

re: To report or not to report
 Apr 18 2008, 07:51:30 AM
If I saw it somewhere near where I live, I would report it. If I just saw a video on YouTube, I would not.

I know a couple years ago there was a thread similar to this about someone seeing a illegal production of Les Mis at a high school in their community and everyone was saying don't be a snitch, myself included. But since I have been considered going into a profession where copyrights are a factor (especially with the JKR case going on right now) I think something like that should

re: Member's Only Preview of Big New Site Feature - BETA
 Feb 15 2008, 10:20:33 AM
I love this! I have been hoping it would happen eventually on here, i knew you guys would do it much better than ibdb!
Goodbye, ReNt, Goodbye ReNT, Just came to say good-bye ReNT, Goodbye
 Jan 16 2008, 12:32:55 PM
I am also sad to see it closing. Rent was a turning point to me, it is what made me go from being a casual musical theater fan to wanting to see and hear everything I possibly could.

I will be sad that I never saw it on Broadway in its original form, but from what I have heard of late, right now it is not the same show with the same energy that I fell in love with.

I am glad that it got a good, long run and was able to impact so many people in such a profound way.

re: JERSEY BOYS INCREASE TICKET PRICES
 Jan 8 2008, 10:53:30 AM
50 cents right now, but if they raise it 50 cents every month, it will start to add up! Half price tickets are now too expensive for me.

As someone who would go to the theater as often as possible I can only go a couple times a year, and that is with the half price tickets, not even the full price.

How long until theatergoers put their foot down and say that the tickets are too expensive and just stop going? I know it is starting to happen. A friend of mine went on a trip to N

re: Got the Sweeney CD!
 Dec 14 2007, 07:38:35 AM
Wow...someone wants to get kicked off the board pretty badly...

It is not like that sharing CDs on a thread is illegal or anything

re: Enter BWW's 'Give Us Your Voice' - THE LITTLE MERMAID Contest
 Nov 20 2007, 10:55:59 PM
Guys...trust Craig and do what he said...breathe.

He is a pretty smart guy!

I have finally decided who my 3 votes are going to be given to. I decide more than 3 days of rotating would be too much. It was SO hard to pick!

Nov 19 2007, 09:16:19 PM
This stinks! i know there are at least 12-15 people that have AMAZING voices and really really deserve to win, but I do not think they will

Nov 19 2007, 08:31:25 PM
I think I know how those 400 votes are happening... Actually...I KNOW how it is happening...

bww you need to not let people cheat to win this!

ETA- And why are there still international entries? And entries with no video? And entries that you can tell it is lip syncing? ALl of that doesn't really work.

Spidey you are awesome!

it was SO hardto pick who to vote for! I wish you got like 10 votes a day so I couldvote for more than one!

re: BROADWAY CANCELLED THROUGH 25 NOVEMBER
 Nov 19 2007, 07:50:15 AM
I feel so bad for the ushers and the merchandise sellers right now. I was talking to an usher at Spelling Bee on Saturday and she was telling me how grateful she is to actually have her job since many of her friends are ushers and do not. She has a family and at this holiday season, money si tighter than usual. I cannot imagine how frustrating it must be for those who are out of a job right and are not even involved in any of the talks or anything!

I hope most people who are going to t

Nov 15 2007, 08:27:29 PM
I am guessing you are Jason M

Yeah you are the best guy by FAR

Your voice is so good!

Nov 15 2007, 04:02:29 PM
Stephanie, you are AMAZING. I have listened to most of them (through Courtney Z going from the bottom up and you are one of 6 people I would consider voting for! You have a beautiful voice and if you win you truly deserve it!

ETA- If I let it buffer so it doesn't skip, it will not play for me once it is done. i hit play and nothing happens. Any ideas?

WOW I listened to all that are up so far and 11 are in my finals. There are some INCREDIBLY talented people and choosing will

re: Is there anyone who hates local one right now and considers themselves
 Nov 13 2007, 10:26:05 PM
"Ahhh yes Cait, how did i know your little pea brain would say stagehands don't save lives"

I was not responding to what YOU said, I was responding why I have a problem with what your representative said.

And I worked in a food service area before and when there were no customers, we were sent home all the time. I think i worked about 1/2 the hours I was supposed to because we were never busy.

re: Is there anyone who hates local one right now and considers themselves
 Nov 13 2007, 09:55:48 PM
I am sure it is not easy but the person compared you to firefighters! You DO NOT save lives daily in your job. You do not solely exist for the safety of the community as a whole. I cannot believe that anyone, especially someone in New York, would make this comparison!

And the union as an entirety may support you, but members of those unions (including a couple on this board) have stated that they do not.

re: Is there anyone who hates local one right now and considres themselves
 Nov 13 2007, 09:23:24 PM
Not all unions are supporting this strike. Some actors aren't supporting it. Yes some are there but not nearly all. There have been MANY people on this board who do not support it and belong to unions. And you know WHY they don't support it?

Comments like this "If they require us to be there three hours out of eight hours, are we supposed to get paid for [just] three hours?' Claffey asked. 'At the firehouse down the street, what if they only got paid to put that fire out instead of the

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You