News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for got-a-light

got-a-light Profile Photo
Member Name: got-a-light
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: did the rent WORLD tour ever happen
 Jan 29 2007, 02:14:24 AM
erinrebecca just curious... why couldn't the cast wait to get back home? was it bad working conditions?
re: did the rent WORLD tour ever happen
 Jan 28 2007, 02:52:27 AM
wow... anyone else have more details as to what went wrong?
re: Vinal Drowsy Album Available 2/14
 Jan 18 2007, 10:37:07 PM
What a great idea! Love it!!
re: DREAMGIRLS on Oprah today!
 Nov 21 2006, 02:23:43 AM
'oprah' today was great, the movie looks amazing, beyonce (live) and jennifer (clips) sounded amazing. for me the only negative was jamie's version of 'when i first saw you.' there was no passion behind it.

re: Grey Gardens Reviews
 Nov 3 2006, 05:53:22 PM
Not to get to off topic, but i do feel people in the business were surprised Patti lost. While i don't live in nyc, i spend a lot of time there and have friends in the theater industry. I didn't hear many mention LaChanze to win and I do think many were surprised by her win.

FYI - I thought they were both great performances so it's not meant to be a negative comment. Just a comment on what I had heard people saying.

re: Grey Gardens Reviews
 Nov 3 2006, 05:40:55 PM
I am so happy for 'Grey Gardens' and Christine. I can't wait to get to NY and see it.

There are so many great one liners in these reviews in regards to Christine's performance. You can already visualize them outside the Walter Kerr and in the advertising.

My three fav..

Christine Ebersole in a staggering dual-role performance sure to become a new benchmark for musical-theater excellence. VARIETY

In "Grey Gardens," Christine E

re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
 Oct 28 2006, 03:25:20 AM
I think it is really sad that when a show tries to do something good... people still find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Rosie's Broadway Kids is a great cause.

Why don't we applaud Mary Poppins for doing something good and leave it at that.

Most Difficult roles to perform 8x's a week?
 Oct 13 2006, 01:30:08 PM
effie in 'dreamgirls' and elphaba in wicked' come to mind.

also was wondering... do you think when writing music for a show the creative team considers the fact that someone will have to sing the song 8x's a week. or do you think they just concentrate on writing the best songs they can and don't put into consideration the difficulty of performing it 8x's a week.

re: LA Broadway Cabaret! (TONIGHT!)
 Oct 6 2006, 01:20:37 PM
Just a reminder... If you plan on attending the cabaret tonight be sure to call and make a reservation to guarentee a seat.

You can call the BelAge hotel and ask for the Ten20 Lounge
310-854-1111

Hope to see you there!

LA Broadway Cabaret! (TONIGHT!)
 Oct 5 2006, 11:16:31 PM
After bringing down the house during the first 'Spotlight' cabaret... Jennifer Leigh Warren returns this Friday night in a solo cabaret. It's sure to be an amazing night and not to be missed!

Friday, Oct 6th. 9pm - Ten20 Lounge at the Belage hotel in West Hollywood.

$10

For complete information go the www.thespotlightla.com

re: Who hates LA?
 Sep 2 2006, 03:47:24 AM
i grew up on the east coast (boston), but i've lived in la for the past 10 years and everyday i feel so lucky to live in southern california.

the moutains, the beaches, the weather, what's not to love.

and we have great theater in la... of course nothing is like the ny theater scene, but la does just fine!

so no i don't hate la... i love la!!

re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
 Aug 19 2006, 03:32:44 AM
The night was great. Nita and Rachel were amazing!

Nita was so so great when she sang Home from 'The Wiz.' And Rachel brought the house down with 'I Dreamed a Dream.'

A highlight of the night for me was when Rachel talked about the time Liza went into 'Victor Victoria.' And then she did a dead on Liza impersonation and she did a great Julie impression too. Here is the songs list. I was working the front table during some of Nita's set re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
 Aug 10 2006, 03:51:48 PM
Thanks! Should be a great night!

Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
 Aug 10 2006, 01:03:03 AM
Friday night August 18th.

I am happy to inform everyone that two amazing ladies... Rachel York and Nita Whitaker will be performing at 'The Spotlight" cabaret in Los Angeles.

The show starts at 9pm. $10 cover at the door.
Reservations recommended 310-854-1111.

Location: Ten20 Lounge at the BelAge hotel in West Hollywood.

For complete information please log onto www.thespotlightla.com

If you live in L

re: Wicked sit-down in L.A. : It's OFFICIAL!
 Jul 18 2006, 02:47:39 AM
michael bennet... i agree with your earlier comments regarding the vocal demands of performing elphaba and do think that's why producers have looked to eden as their go to girl. i would not be at all surprised if she's the one soaring over the pantages stage come Feb 2007.

re: LA - On July 7th 'The Spotlight' Cabaret Shines Again!!!
 Jul 8 2006, 04:09:38 PM
I was there, but I guess that's a given. :)

It was another great night of Broadway cabaret in LA!

I am happy to report that the house was once again packed which gave us all the more incentive to keep working hard on this new cabaret!

Special thanks to Sharon McNight and Joey McIntyre. Two amazing and very different performers who brought everyone together for a night of great music.

This week be sure to check out www.thespotlightla.com for pi

Jul 7 2006, 01:44:22 PM
surprise guests?... you never know. i guess you'll have to come and find out. :)
 Jul 6 2006, 11:12:38 PM
Thanks for the support!! :)
LA - On July 7th 'The Spotlight' Cabaret Shines Again!!!
 Jul 6 2006, 07:59:49 PM
Don't miss Joey McIntyre (WICKED - tick, tick, BOOM!) and Sharon McNight (Tony nomination - STARMITES) at LA's brand new Broadway cabaret... 'THE SPOTLIGHT' this Friday night.

$10 at the door.

Last month the LA Broadway community came out strong to support the very first 'SPOTLIGHT' cabaret. It was an amazing evening!

Please join us on Friday, July 7th in the Ten/20 lounge at the BelAge hotel in West Hollywood. The show starts at 9:30pm. If you'd like a table

re: What's next for Sarah Uriarte Berry?
 Jul 3 2006, 04:01:58 AM
i second the TABOO comment... LOVE her solo!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You