pixeltracker

So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....

So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....

Trish2
#0So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 10:59pm

Although it 's an admirable gesture of the producers of POPPINS to donate $200,000 to 3 charitable organizations, It strikes me odd that Rosie's Kids is among them. While her program has it merits, one can't help to think of the shameless plugs Ms. O'Donnell is assured of giving on THE VIEW. You can't tell me that they couldnt find another organiztion that doesn't have the financial backing of Ms. O'Donnell?

husk_charmer
#1re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:04pm

Wow...um, aside from her current militant stance, Rosie is still a fairly decent person, who does a lot for charity and AIDs research, so I say go Poppins!

Note: Am I the only one who's intial thought was "Is Rosie really doing badly enough that Mary Poppins has to donate money to her? Taboo can't have been THAT bad"

http://www.youtube.com/huskcharmer
Updated On: 10/27/06 at 11:04 PM

myManCape Profile Photo
myManCape
#2re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:11pm

I love how the CHARITY their donating isnt good enough for you. How about you donate your 200K to a better one.

"Have they come yet?"

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#3re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:29pm

isn't Disney currently signing Rosie's checks for her work on the view? I find it hard to believe that she wouldn't be plugging Poppins anyway even without this donation.

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#4re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:30pm

MARY POPPINS would appear on THE VIEW regardless of anything between Rosie and Disney. After all, ABC is owned by Disney.

Please.

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

Trish2
#5re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:31pm

Well, I could give you 5 additional charities that could use a piece of 200K that unfortunately don't have the draw, attention, or finances of a "Rosie"

In addition, I happen to feel that Rosie's Kids is a wonderful organization and I've been to several events. It just seems very manipulative of the producers to have selected this particular charity.

BroadwayRandy0711 Profile Photo
BroadwayRandy0711
#6re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:40pm

Who are the other 2 charities that Poppins is donating to?

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#7re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/27/06 at 11:40pm

For me, the bottom line is that the show is donating a LOT of money to a great cause. If the producers did chose that one in order to pay Rosie back a favor for plugging the show on The View, who cares? I don't understand why the reasoning behind choosing the charity is such a big deal. Even if Rosie weren't part of the equation, a choice would have to be made regardless, ando no matter what charity you choose, no matter why, there are going to be a million other ones you COULD have chosen or that could have used the money. So what? The money is going to be put to excellent use, so why does it matter if there's some kind of connection? It's not like they're saying "gee, Rosie, thanks for plugging our show. Here's some money so you can go buy yourself another house!" It's going to a wonderful organization, and not into the producers' pockets, so who cares if it's backed by Rosie?

A work of art is an invitation to love.
Updated On: 10/27/06 at 11:40 PM

got-a-light Profile Photo
got-a-light
#8re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/28/06 at 3:25am

I think it is really sad that when a show tries to do something good... people still find a way to put a negative spin on it.

Rosie's Broadway Kids is a great cause.

Why don't we applaud Mary Poppins for doing something good and leave it at that. Updated On: 10/28/06 at 03:25 AM

emerald monkey
#9re: So M Poppins is donating to Rosie....
Posted: 10/28/06 at 6:57am

I've heard that Thomas Schumacher, the Producer of Mary Poppins and the Head of Disney Theatricals in NYC, finds giving childern the accesibility to Theatre extremely important. I am sure this was a part of his decision to chose RBK. It is one of the few charities that emphasizes both education and theatre. I say Bravo!

Videos