pixeltracker

Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

got-a-light Profile Photo
got-a-light
#0Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:03am

Friday night August 18th.

I am happy to inform everyone that two amazing ladies... Rachel York and Nita Whitaker will be performing at 'The Spotlight" cabaret in Los Angeles.

The show starts at 9pm. $10 cover at the door.
Reservations recommended 310-854-1111.

Location: Ten20 Lounge at the BelAge hotel in West Hollywood.

For complete information please log onto www.thespotlightla.com

If you live in LA... hope to see you there!

Updated On: 8/10/06 at 01:03 AM

wickedrentq Profile Photo
wickedrentq
#1re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:12am

re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

Everyone who goes have a great time! Please post reviews!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

lovesclassics
#2re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:12am

OMG! That is such a bargain. I want a full report after the show.

lc

wickedrentq
#3re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:17am

Beat ya lc re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

"If there was a Mount Rushmore for Broadway scores, "West Side Story" would be front and center. It snaps, it crackles it pops! It surges with a roar, its energy and sheer life undiminished by the years" - NYPost reviewer Elisabeth Vincentelli

lovesclassics
#4re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 1:21am

He he! Gah, I wish I could be there. But I AM going to see Rachel in MY ONE AND ONLY at Reprise! Broadway's Best. I will be going to the closing night perf. Sept. 17 can't come fast enough.

lc

John3 Profile Photo
John3
#5re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 3:22am

I wish I could see this, but I am seeing the Dirty Rotten Scoundrels tour.

wickedrentq
#6re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 9:27am

Stop rubbing it in lc re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

lovesclassics
#7re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:21am

I promise I'll give you my very best WRQ-type of review when I return. Or maybe I'll even have my laptop with me and post a review from there. I'll try to make you feel that you are right there in the audience with me. re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

lc

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#8re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 10:27am

Sounds like another good one!

got-a-light
#9re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 3:51pm

Thanks! Should be a great night!
Updated On: 8/10/06 at 03:51 PM

missyrose87
#10re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/10/06 at 4:11pm

Nita Whitaker is amazing- I have worked with her on many occassions and I am always blown away

wickedrentq
#11re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:02pm

Thanks lc!

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#12re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:04pm

wickedrentq - Rubbing it in? Aww, let us Los Angelinos have our moment, they happen so rarely in comparison to what you guys get in NY.

wickedrentq
#13re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:06pm

I know Popular, I know. But 3 of my favorite favorite people have moved to LA, so it's sad.

Okay, I'm a spoiled New York theatre fan. I admit it.

#14re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 12:13pm

OK...Miss 'Nita is awesome! Not to be missed.

missy--I've know 'Nita for ages..where have you worked with her? PM me. Updated On: 8/11/06 at 12:13 PM

lovesclassics
#15re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 2:16pm

Popular, will you be going to the Spotlight cabaret? If so, we spoiled east coast fans would love a review!

Singingbackup, the best scene in The Bodyguard, as far as I'm concerned, is the one where Nita is singing and Whitney is jealous. She ought to be!

It should be a great evening. I can't believe it's only $10. As we say here in Boston, what a bahgin.

lc

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#16re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 3:01pm

I've gone to the first two they've had and I plan on at least trying to get to the third. If we don't go they'll stop doing these things and we can't have that, can we? Plus I get to be introduced to new artists (new for me, meaning I haven't seen them before) so heck yeah I'll be there (if I can help it) :) And I'll definitely post about it if I go.

EganFan2
#17re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 7:28pm

Rachel needs to come out with a new CD.

lovesclassics
#18re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/11/06 at 9:23pm

I'm with you all the way on that one, EganFan2. re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

I'd actually like to hear more of her own compositions. Have you listened to Goddess on her Website? It's terrific.

lc

#19re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/14/06 at 5:42pm

Did anyone see her in Anything Goes, REPRISE!? she was great!!!

lovesclassics
#20re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/14/06 at 6:31pm

No, sad to say. But the Reprise Web site has a video montage of lots of past productions, and you can spot Rachel in "Anything Goes" in a number of sequences. They are quick flashes, but it's fun to see her and lots of other stars who have performed there.

lc

Promo Video

Popular Profile Photo
Popular
#21re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/18/06 at 10:16pm

Got a last minute invite to a friends birthday so I wont be making it this time re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!

Looking forward to hearing how it is.

lovesclassics
#22re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/19/06 at 12:20am

Oh, nooooo, Popular. I was counting on you. (-:

Got-a-light, it's on your shoulders now to fill us in on this dynamic duo.

lc

#23re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/19/06 at 3:18am

It was a dynamite evening!

So much to remember, so little energy right now. 'Nita opened the show and was her charming, warm and gorgeous self. Can't remember off hand the entire song list, but she did "People," "Mona Lisa", "Papa Can You Here Me", "Home", among others and ended with "Gimme Gimme". A highlight was an operatic number that I don't know the name, but it really showed off her range and a lovely high soprano.

Rachel York was delightful, funny, endearing and, to quote her, cabaret virgin." It didn't show much, as her personality won over the crowd instantly. She opened with "Here I Am" from DRS and hit alot of highlights from her Broadway career, including "I Dreamed A Dream" from Les Miz and "Lost and Found" from City of Angels. A delightful medley of Burt Bacharach songs was a stand out. She told a great story about Liza M from her stint in Victor/Victoria and acknowledged Michael Nouri in the crowd before lauching into "Maybe This Time" from Cabaret. She encored with "Defying Gravity" from Wicked.

Two distinct and talented ladies, one great evening of pure joy and entertainment.

got-a-light
#24re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret!
Posted: 8/19/06 at 3:32am

The night was great. Nita and Rachel were amazing!

Nita was so so great when she sang Home from 'The Wiz.' And Rachel brought the house down with 'I Dreamed a Dream.'

A highlight of the night for me was when Rachel talked about the time Liza went into 'Victor Victoria.' And then she did a dead on Liza impersonation and she did a great Julie impression too. Here is the songs list. I was working the front table during some of Nita's set re: Rachel York and Nita Whitaker in LA Cabaret! so it isn't 100% complete... sorry.

Rachel's Song List
Here I am
Fever
Don't Rain on my Parade
Burt Bacharach medley
Too Good to be True
I Dreamed a Dream
Diamonds are a Girls Best friend
Lost and Found
Maybe This Time
Defying Gravity

Nita's Song List
Mona Lisa
Memories and Unexpected song
Home
People
Papa Can you Hear Me
Gimme Gimme

The website should be updated with pictures sometime tomorrow.
www.thespotlightla.com

Updated On: 8/19/06 at 03:32 AM

Videos