News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for revivespringawakening

revivespringawakening Profile Photo
Member Name: revivespringawakening
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Styles, Bruno Mars eyed for KINKY BOOTS movie
 Sep 27 2022, 10:39:04 AM

slow_the_rain said: "Harry will be the male Lady Gaga for a while yet: The musician turned "actor" that every producer will name drop to the Post when they're trying to gauge public interest in a project.

At least Gaga can act.

SPRING AWAKENING Revival in the Works?
 Sep 22 2022, 02:59:38 PM

"I've been waiting for this one!! Turn it up!"

In all seriousness, I'm really hoping this rumor is credible. I've heard great things about the Almeida production and I'd love to see a darker adaptation. Hoping it's off-Broadway for the sake of having it in a more intimate space. I'll be buying tickets either way!

P.S. remember the movie adaptation that was announced years ago? whatever happened to that?

Legally Blonde Non-Equity Tour
 Sep 2 2022, 07:43:32 PM

I wonder if they've even cast it yet? I heard a lot about how it took months for any callbacks to go out, and they even had another open call after the first round of callbacks. Everything I've heard about it seems sketchy, not to mention the company's place on Equity's do-not-work list. Like jimmycurry01 said, I'm sure it won't be hard to find a better school production anywhere. Go see that instead.

On with the Sondheim revivals
 Aug 25 2022, 03:44:19 PM

Jarethan said: “She did play Mrs. Lovett in a production at the Kennedy Center, which I saw.  Brian Stokes Mitchell was Sweeney.  All were excellent.  I also saw her play Mame at the Kennedy Center, which was an experience best forgotten.  She was a potentially great Vera playing Mame.”

Wow, I don’t know how I wasn’t aware of the Kennedy Center production! I had only seen clips of her in the 1999 concert version with Kelsey Grammer.

I wish I could’ve seen it at the Kennedy Center, it sounds like it was incredible! Unfortunately it was before my time; I wasn’t born until two years later. sad 

Well, now I know another production I’d add to my If-I-Had-A-Time-Machine list! 

Aug 25 2022, 12:30:19 PM

SidebySidebyLogan said: "My dream revival is Follies on the Vivian Beaumont stage, directed by Bartlett Sher with Laura Benanti and Norm Lewis as Phyllis/Ben and Kelli O'Hara and Norbert Leo Butz as Sally/Buddy. Jane Krakowski as Carlotta. Patti Lupone as Hattie. Throw in some stage legends like Donna McKechnie, Charlotte d'Amboise, Jennifer Holiday in the smaller roles. Spend an insane amount of money and really make it something special"

How could I fo

What's The Next "Sound" for Broadway?
 Aug 25 2022, 12:16:23 PM

JBroadway said: "Right now, I think the "hip," "experimental" musical theatre scene features a lot of folk, indie-pop, etc.  That scene is where they're REALLY pushing the medium forward, but they've mostly stayed in the non-profit realm. Maybe shows like Hadestown will help them crossover, but I feel like more mainstream pop sounds are more likely to be the commercially fruitful path."

I definitely expected (and hoped) to see a

Aug 25 2022, 12:08:17 PM

Oh, I've been waiting for this post! What the world really needs is a great Follies revival. Maybe in a few years with Kelli O'Hara, Laura Benanti (we know they both want to do it so let's get on with it already!), Audra, Patina Miller, Ruthie Ann Miles & Patti if she'll come out of retirement. It'll need a massive budget to work, though, so it's just wishful thinking for now. 

& I'm still hoping that someday, somewhere, Christine Baranski will

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You