News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for stoptheworld38

stoptheworld38 Profile Photo
Member Name: stoptheworld38
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Favorite musicals:
-Come From Away
-Dear Evan Hansen
-Once On This Island
-The Band's Visit
-Pippin
-Head Over Heels
-Fun Home
-Mean Girls
-Hamilton
-Sunday In the Park With George
-The Secret Garden
-Ragtime
-and more...

#youwillbefound

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

(Insert Name or Show) Was Robbed!  Apr 30 2024, 11:27:42 PM

Liam Pearce (How To Dance In Ohio) was robbed of a Featured Actor nom

Your Single Favorite 2024 Tony Nomination  Apr 30 2024, 11:14:22 PM

I have not (yet) seen any of the nominated shows (the most recent show I saw/only one I've seen so far from this season was How To Dance In Ohio closing weekend) but I'm absolutely thrilled for Suffs, especially for Shaina Taub. She's from my state (Vermont) and performed in a few shows as a child/teen with the community theatre group I now volunteer with, as well as having attended the high school where I've had a choir rehearsal and performance, so I feel a bit of a personal

SUFFS Previews  Apr 17 2024, 10:22:42 PM

I live in Vermont which is where Shaina Taub grew up and I was very excited to see this great article and front page feature that just came out in this week's local paper: https://www.sevendaysvt.com/arts-culture/waitsfields-shaina-taub-arrives-on-broadway-starring-in-her-own-musical-suffs-40679260

Coincidentally I was actually just where she went to high school for a choir rehearsal on Monday. Also volunteer with the local theatre company that she did a few shows with as a kid/young teenager.

2024-2025 Touring Season  Apr 17 2024, 10:11:29 PM

Burlington, VT (The Flynn)

Hadestown - 10/15 - 10/16/24 (returning to its original home state!)

Pretty Woman - 1/30 - 1/31/25

The Addams Family - 3/28 - 3/29/25

Dear Evan Hansen - 4/23 - 4/24/25

Ain't Too Proud - 6/10 - 6/11/25

I'm over the moon for Hadestown as it's one of my all-time favorites. My family just bought a membership this year for the first time ever to get early access to tickets when they go on sale. It'll

Future of the Museum of Broadway  Feb 28 2024, 06:01:36 PM

I went last year and really enjoyed it, although I did get a half off ticket thanks to the Broadway Week promo. Hoping to go back this summer with my friend who has never been and to check out some of the new stuff they've put out since. Great place in my opinion, although I do feel it's a tad overpriced.

Great songs given to minor/insignificant characters  Feb 5 2024, 09:54:00 PM

The Bittersweets said: "The first thing that came to my mind is Answer Me. Not only is it given to a character with only a handful of lines, it’s one of the most important parts of the show!"

I was scrolling all the replies for this specific answer.

HOW TO DANCE IN OHIO Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  Jan 19 2024, 10:49:48 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Full Cast Album just surprised dropped digitally.

Also the show is now set to close February 4th...
"

Where did you see that it was closing?
"

You didn't see it anywhere because it hasn't been announced.

Seriously, I don't understand what's so hard about not posting online sounding so definitive about a show's closing date until the show itself officially a

Next to close?  Jan 16 2024, 08:23:39 PM

Robbie2 said: "HARMONY Feb 4 and Ohio will be announcing soon and hear will close after 2for1 week as well."

I'm taking the second part of that announcement with a grain of salt until I hear something more official but are we interpreting Ohio's closing "after 2 for 1 week" to mean Feb 4 (the date the 2-for-1 week sale ends on) or just sometime soon after 2-for-1 week, like mid-late February?

Asking because I currently have a place in NYC boo

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/7/24  Jan 10 2024, 05:44:25 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "Ohio has about 4-5 weeks left."

If you account for the fact that Ohio had to cancel a performance this past week, they aren't doing terribly. (Made about as much in a 7-performance week as they were in an 8-performance week pre-Christmas). Yes, numbers are concerning, but maybe not quite as dire as they were.

I just booked accommodations for the first weekend in March to go see it, so I'm really crossing my fingers it'll h

Next to close?  Dec 26 2023, 05:45:43 PM

My parents got the 3 of us tickets (upcoming, dates TBD) to How To Dance In Ohio for Christmas. Really, really hope they can hold out for a while (I'm autistic so eager to see the representation) but I would be lying if I said the numbers didn't worry me...

Also, for anyone saying Hadestown, they've been in $700,000+ range, give or take, with capacity in the 90s, average ticket price around $100. Granted, I don't know what the operating costs are, but I think that (for

New Hadestown Casting  Nov 17 2023, 09:58:41 PM

I heard Zachary James perform at my church Christmas Eve service several years ago when I was in the choir! He's got an incredible voice!

OFFICIAL: SUFFS to open at Music Box Theatre, April 18, 2024  Oct 19 2023, 11:15:35 PM

ACL2006 said: "The Jenn Colella fans must be overjoyed right now."

You are so correct. At least this Jenn Colella fan is.

Biggest Tony Award Snubs Ever  Oct 12 2023, 12:21:16 AM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Katrina Lenk not getting nominated forCompanyis forever baffling."

From things I heard from people who saw the show more than once, her performance got stronger and significantly improved over time. I heard from multiple people via various sources who said things along the lines of “She was good the first time but she was AMAZING the second time”. So I can’t help but wonder if the outcome would’ve been differ

Biggest Tony Award Snubs Ever  Oct 12 2023, 12:11:30 AM

bwayphreak234 said: "Matilda losing to Kinky Boots is something I will never get over until the day I die."

Matilda is a very special show to me for personal reasons so I am very biased to it but this x 1000. 

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 9 2023, 10:54:12 PM

willep said: "stoptheworld38 said: "luvcaroline said: "So I guess an understudy will be on for the 11/20 show?"

11/20 is a Monday, no performance that day
"

Check yourself. That’s Thanksgiving week, there IS a Monday performance.

"

Oops my bad. Was spacing out that that’s Thanksgiving week and the schedule is different. 

So given that, yes I’d a

Jordan Fisher will be the new Orpheus in HADESTOWN  Oct 9 2023, 07:21:18 PM

luvcaroline said: "So I guess an understudy will be on for the 11/20 show?"

11/20 is a Monday, no performance that day 

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Oct 1 2023, 12:01:38 PM

northlandfan said: "Tons of great stuff this year and very reasonable prices. The crowds are starting to get heavy! Please let me know if there’s anything you want me to look out for. Thanks."

Can you keep your eyes peeled for rare/special edition but affordable Come From Away and/or Hadestown stuff? Willing to pay up to $30-$40 for a single item or less plus shipping. 

Broadway flea market 2023 collectors unite!!  Sep 30 2023, 06:18:42 PM

If anyone going would be so kind/generous as to keep their eyes peeled for any unusual/rare (but reasonably priced - say $30 -$40ish or less) Come From Away and/or Hadestown items I would be very grateful! In particular if they have the Hadestown t-shirts with the 2021 September reopening date (size small or medium ideally) and re-opening and/or closing cast signed CFA playbills, and/or the pride one with the longest-running show sticker and/or button. Will gladly reimburse you for whatever i

The Shubert Theater already has a new tenant lined up  Sep 30 2023, 10:45:50 AM

Not denying anything said here, but if Hell’s Kitchen hasn’t even opened at the Public yet, isn’t it a bit early to know if it’ll even transfer at all? Let alone that soon and already have a theatre lined up? 

I for one am predicting Suffs at the Shubert. 

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Sep 29 2023, 05:11:22 PM

RippedMan said: "I said early I’d guess the Shubert as it’s a very sought after theater. And I think it would suit this shows needs."

Another thread claims that Hell's Kitchen is going to the Shubert. However I am taking that with a major grain of salt considering that its Public Theatre run hasn't even started, so it seems too soon to say if it would even transfer.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You