News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AJ--Law

AJ--Law Profile Photo
Member Name: AJ--Law
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Donna Vivino to Take Over Elphaba in WICKED Tour
 Jan 20 2009, 09:13:30 AM
Donna was simply lovely when I saw her on tour...a wonderful addition to the Wicked family.

Also Meredith Kaye Clark knocks the roof of the theatres too.

re: Pictures from the new Little House musical
 Jul 31 2008, 02:23:09 PM
Word around the theater is that its not that great of a show..Melissa has one song and isn't that 'nice' to listen to. Sets are being called 'boring'. Its early though, that's just the few things I've heard from those that have seen it...pretty generic descriptions of course.
re: Tom Wopat and Michelle DeJean return to CHICAGO 8/7
 Aug 3 2007, 01:59:58 PM
Michelle DeJean rocks my world. I love her so much as Roxie.
re: JULIA MURNEY COMES TO BROADWAY AS ELPHABA!
 Jan 10 2007, 02:38:49 PM
I'm glad the first night went so good...very exicted to see her on stage again in Feb., saw her on the tour last summer. There is just something special about Julia Murney!
re: Julia Murney
 Dec 21 2006, 09:43:12 AM
Well I'll add to the pointlessness.....Love Julia Murney! Can't wait to see her on stage. And good idea, stay an extra day.
re: WICKED (Minneapolis) 7/12 eve & 7/15 mat.
 Jul 17 2006, 01:02:33 PM
Good reviews William T.

I agree with you on the percussion thing too. :)

I saw it last Thursday and was very excited to see Julia. I thought she was great! With so many people saying such great things about her, I was glad to see her and most importantly hear her.

re: La Cage Aux Folles
 Jun 13 2006, 05:19:04 PM
Loved La Cage and love Gary Beach!

William T--coming to see the Mpls. production Thursday night, I'm excited!

re: BROOKLYN in St. Paul...
 Jun 11 2006, 11:15:45 PM
Saw the show tonight at 7:30pm. The Ordway is pretty big, and most of the floor was full. The show was ok, I thought Diana did a good job. Melba missed her cue on Superlover, needed prompting to begin the first line and stumbled thru a lot of lines. The people around me seemed to really enjoy it and they did get a standing ovation. Diana did talk after the show saying thanks and that they were honored to be in MN for the opening.
re: Best Broadway Hotel
 May 10 2006, 09:28:08 AM
I've always stayed at the Crowne Plaza-the location is the best. Not the greatest staff at times, but its not bad. I recently stayed at the Residence Inn--its a newer place and its over on 38th and 6th I think. The rooms are all suites, the staff could not have been nicer and they have a wonderful lounge area where in the mornings there is a free breakfast and apparently in the evenings there is food too (depending on what day of the week it is). I went with the Residence Inn because the Cro
re: Idina Fans Wearing Red Track Suits
 Feb 27 2006, 04:45:00 PM
I recall reading that too. I think a few girls did wear the tracksuits and of course Idina ran screaming the other way.

That honestly scares me.

re: Cheno - what's the big deal?
 Dec 29 2005, 09:24:37 PM
Yesterday I saw a comment posted by our topic starter and already had the vision that a thread like this was very likely to happen eventually.

To simply answer the question: She is a big deal.

re: Musicals you loved immediately
 Dec 1 2005, 05:37:22 PM
42nd Street
Wicked
Chicago
La Cage

Rent Attendance Anecdotes
 Dec 1 2005, 05:33:16 PM
Saw it in Ft. Myers, Florida on Sunday the 27th while I was on vacation. Went to the 7:15 show and another was going on at 7:45 I think. I would say there was about 50-60 people in the theater. Reaction from the people around me was good, I heard a lot of sniffling with the funeral scence (including myself). It was a pretty laid back group, a few laughs here and there. My sister commented that the crowd didn't seem into it. I haven't seen the stage version and I really enjoyed the movie.
re: musicals only you seem to like
 Jul 5 2005, 04:07:12 PM
dietcherryemma--I loved Phantom by Yeston/Kopit--it ran for a year in Minnesota. Whenever I mention it, hardly anyone has heard of it.

Other:
Sunset Blvd.

re: Is Wicked or The Wizard of Oz....cursed?
 Jun 24 2005, 05:17:50 PM
"the one with the green girl" Hahaha, that's a good one, I like it.

All anyone can say is that its live theater, you cannot predict what could happen on any give night, at any given time.

KC had like a strained neck or something and wasn't it the hair flip, that would aggravate it? I think she had therapy and all that to help it, along with a neck brace.

re: Passionella- Chenoweth.
 May 16 2005, 01:42:18 PM
Saw it Sat. night and Loved it!! Love her! She is so funny and has such timing and strength. I was thrilled to see her perform as always. Plus Malcom Gets--used to watch Caroline in the City, always thought he was cute!
re: It's official: Brooklyn to have a 60-city tour in 2006!
 May 16 2005, 01:39:25 PM
Saw Brooklyn this past Saturday for the first time. I thought it was ok, wasn't the best, but wasn't the worst either. I would say the theatre was at least 80-90% full and the crowd was very into it. Screaming and yelling after songs and clapping like crazy. But I wouldn't be too happy about paying full price to see it--got rush tix and sat in the 2nd row, for me that was a steal. I think all 5 of the actors were great, but its just not the greatest story.
re: Apple Tree tix for sale
 May 13 2005, 03:28:29 PM
bumping up
re: Apple Tree tix for sale
 May 13 2005, 12:43:53 PM
just have extra tix to get rid of....
Apple Tree tix for sale
 May 13 2005, 12:27:53 PM
2 for May 14th 8pm show. Mid-mezz row E, center

Bought them for 90 each--willing to go down to $130 for both, just to get rid of them.

e-mail me at ajdillon4@yahoo.com if interested.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You