News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bwayornoway

Member Name: Bwayornoway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Will Jelly Transfer at NY Times review  Feb 23 2024, 04:03:17 PM

The Pasadena Playhouse is doing Jelly's Last Jam end of May/June.  I was hearing that the Encores production was going to transfer to that theater first... not sure if that's completely true or the case, but seems possible to go West, find a bway theater and open in the Fall back in NYC.  Just thoughts...

Nicole Scherzinger to star in West End Sunset Boulevard at the Savoy  Nov 16 2023, 07:35:40 PM

I also wonder how much weight will go into deciding on a theater based on the logistics of the opening of the second act?  As if they have a lot of choices in the time frame?  I'm so curious if this jumps right away or if this will wait for a transfer for the Fall, so it won't compete this season against Cabaret and Merrily (and others) for revival - but will it lose some of it's steam if it waits almost a year?  It's thrilling when producers take a risk and rol

THE OUTSIDERS musical set for La Jolla premiere  Sep 26 2023, 07:50:28 PM

Looks like the majority of the main cast from La Jolla are still in it - Ryan Vasquez obviously going to Notebook or Water for Elephants.  I would be curious when it starts production if they will hire any new blood in the creative team?

How is the Back to the Future tour NOT going out under the highest level touring contract?  Sep 9 2023, 06:18:01 PM

This is the 'minimum' weekly rate and from other actors on tour who are in principal/lead roles they will negotiate higher weeklys.  I can only imagine that they will need a certain level of actor with experience to handle these rolls (Most principal roles) and they will get what they pay for.

Grey House rush  Jul 7 2023, 05:15:11 PM

frogs_fan85 said: "I rushed a few minutes after 5pm yesterday and got Orchestra Row B 5-7."

Funny enough, I rushed last Saturday and got the exact same seats as well!  You miss a tiny bit of what happens in the window but doesn't ruin anything

Last minute NYC trip next week - help choosing shows!  Mar 4 2023, 04:08:23 PM

I would put my vote in for Kimberly Akimbo- it's a quirky dark comedy that has so much unexpected heart.  The theater for Little shop is smaller so really no bad seats and the show has great names in it right now.  I would also suggest MJ.  You can usually get rush and tkts for Kimberly and sometimes Little Shop!  Have a great time!

PETER PAN GOES WRONG to open this spring  Jan 5 2023, 03:39:01 PM

looking forward to this - Always appreciate the full on physical comedy and great timing of these actors.  Saw Play that goes Wrong and Bank Robbery that goes Wrong - on the West End and loved both!  I just need some good old fashioned theatrical fun right now... well in the Spring at least!   I think they also do a show about the Nativity that goes Wrong as well - I could be wrong.?

I Am What I Am - Virgin Atlantic - Singer?  Sep 28 2022, 04:26:44 PM

it's a remarkable spot and will stop what I am doing and watch it - bravo!

JOSEPH is coming to Toronto as a test run for a Broadway revival  Aug 24 2022, 09:16:36 PM

David Archuleta would be free by then :) Unless the UK 'Joseph' continues on to bway - but yes, the biggest question is who will be the narrator!    I can see tons of stunt casting in this... Tho I looked it up and was surprised the only revival only ran for about 7 months?  

JOSEPH is coming to Toronto as a test run for a Broadway revival  Aug 23 2022, 08:43:23 PM

I think Donny is too busy with his Residency in Vegas - especially around the Holidays!  But it def would've been some fun show history if that happened!

City of Angels- London  Aug 23 2022, 08:38:35 PM

I was hoping this was going to be a post about the London Revival making a jump over here or a new revival all together!  :)

Young Frankenstein  Jul 10 2022, 08:03:10 PM

Saw the West End production with the revisions and thought it was great - it's a very underrated musical in my opinion and is just a great night of laughs and fun songs.  Tons of puns, gags, and Brooks sense of humor.  Puttin' on the Ritz is a great show stopper - 

Gaten Matarazzo  Jun 7 2022, 06:53:05 PM

I to think he will be in it til the close of the show in Sept.   My only concern would be as it gets closer to the end,  availability might be low and ticket prices will probably rise due to supply and demand as I'm sure the producers want to go out with a bang.  So if you can get decent seats now, I would get them. GOOD LUCK and have a great time!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/15/22  May 17 2022, 05:31:54 PM

Anyone know why the big drop in Moulin Rouge?  I saw they only had 4 performances and dropped over $1 million - was it covid cancellations or cast replacements?

Palace Theatre construction  May 4 2022, 03:49:26 PM

I wonder if Back to the Future will find it's home here from a London Transfer? (If it ever comes over) 

Kind of makes sense that a show about time travel, and a technically advanced  one, would be a perfect fit  for a 'brand new' theatre.

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?  Apr 13 2022, 02:23:56 PM

herewegoabc said: "Personally, I would prefer left, but either would be fine. The Urchins spend a lot of time on the stoops, and they can get a little chatty. It's not too bad, but it can be distracting if you're front row on the side, since the stage is so close."

I totally agree to the point of saying not to sit on the left side.  We sat center but on house left side and we could hear them chattering from there.  It's VERY distracting to the p

Why No DREAMGIRLS Yet?  Feb 12 2022, 07:30:15 PM

I think a lot of the stalling is pure logistics.  We all know this has been trying to get over here from the UK for years.  Obviously covid hit and well, even though there may be houses available, audiences are still pretty low.  I also think the competition of other 'revivals' also comes into play with award seasons.  

I would prefer no names in it - there are furiously talented performers that can handle the material and give it the rawness, power and

Ariana DeBose to host first SNL episode of 2022  Jan 6 2022, 05:51:18 PM

I hope she showcases her voice and dancing and maybe even does a funny parody of WSS - Finally someone with talent and deserving rising to the top!  Cheers!

Possible West End transfer?  Sep 18 2021, 04:30:44 PM

I'm willing to place a bet on Cinderella, ALW placed a huge full page ad in the NY Times the other week. With a few theaters open, or will be possibly open in late Spring, it has a home, and  Cinderella is one of a few if not the only 'new' musical opening this season and then would take home the Tony!

Back to the Future just opened up in the West End with very positive reviews and feel like they need to create more anticipation and 'need' for it to come o

West End - First Time - Advice!  Aug 5 2021, 06:30:08 PM

Yeah I have to agree with the other posters, I'd definitely see 'Back to the Future' "Joseph" and 'Hairspray' if you have limited time.  We won't be getting these shows in the States for a long time - Well there is a Hairspray tour starting - but it won't have Michael Ball in it :)

Enjoy Anything Goes too!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You