News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Playbill_Trash

Member Name: Playbill_Trash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 22 2024, 04:51:23 PM

Happy to report all three leads were in today’s matinee and they were terrific!

New Merrily Pro-Shot?
 Jun 19 2024, 09:51:33 PM

So what are the odds that all 3 leads are in this Saturday matinee (when I see it)? If the filming days are before then, would some call out for the next matinee?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 03:55:02 PM

Can’t wait to see North West as young Dainty June.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 02:48:57 PM

Has anyone addressed that she has completely the wrong voice range for this part? Mama Rose is not a soprano. And even if she can sing alto, Audra cannot belt like this score would need her to.

But they let Patti lupone scream her way through this show in 2008 so I guess they don’t care. 

SWEPT AWAY transferring to Broadway this fall
 May 18 2024, 08:18:15 AM

Saw this in DC and thought it would fit well in the Booth. I also did not like the show. 

TODAY Show “Best of Broadway” Week 2024
 May 17 2024, 05:45:15 PM

kdogg36 said: "Playbill_Trash said: "Oh I see. I understand color blind casting - but within the same characters though? Does their race change in the story too? Or is there dialogue where the oldest versions say “I remember us as different races back then” and then the flashbacks unfold around them?"

I can't imagineyou're serious in asking if their races change - that would be a wild, fantastic story that might be interesting but def

May 17 2024, 03:23:55 PM

Broadway Flash said: "No it’s still them as their younger selves. It’s color blind casting so the young and middle Allie are black and young and middle Noah are both white Latin. I’ve heard people criticize this because the race only changes with the older couple. But I think it’s pretty clear in the staging and writing that it’s them"

Oh I see. I understand color blind casting - but within the same characters though? Does their race cha

May 17 2024, 03:02:05 PM

Hi, new to the notebook musical here but saw their performance on the today show.

Have they changed the story for the musical to be an older couple retelling a love story about different people they once knew, or the telling of a fable about fictional people in love? Just trying to piece together the different performances from yesterday.

May 15 2024, 09:43:06 AM

Was shoshana bean just handing potato chips to a group of home intruders?

George Clooney is coming to Broadway.
 May 14 2024, 08:13:20 AM

A “Shubert Theatre yet to be announced” with a huge Hollywood name sounds like Scott Rudin is working his magic again…..

Scott Rudin returns:
 May 13 2024, 03:00:41 PM

Broadway needs him more than he needs Broadway.

Balcony experience at Merrily?
 May 5 2024, 09:36:00 PM

I’ve looked through the other Merrily threads to find people describing their view/sound from the balcony at the Hudson and couldn’t.

Can anyone here share if they’ve seen this or any other show at the Hudson in the balcony? What was your view and sound like? Did you miss anything? Thanks!

Merrily We Roll Along Lottery
 May 5 2024, 08:55:18 PM

Does anyone have experience sitting in row B of the balcony for this show and can comment on how good the view is?

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?
 May 5 2024, 02:39:10 PM

chrishuyen said: "Like others have said, intermission is the best time to move. Especially if you're somewhere like a box seat or side mezz, it can be easy to spot empty seats leading up to intermission and set a goal of moving there. If it's a seat in your row and you could just scoot down to it, I'd recommend waiting until AT LEAST after the opening number, if not after the second or third songs. (Sometimes shows will claim they have a no late seating policy and still s

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?
 May 4 2024, 06:07:18 PM

Hello, I’m wondering if anyone here has experiences of moving to an empty/unsold seat once they’ve gotten in the theatre - before the show starts.

I’ve never tried this in NYC on broadway before but have had luck at broadway touring venues in other cities. House staff and ushers were paying less attention there and as long as the seat was not sold I’ve been able to move closer.

Has anyone seen this happen at a Broadway theatre or tried this themselve

Smash -- Series Discussion
 Apr 1 2024, 06:44:14 PM

Any guesses on whether this will be in a shubert, Nederlander, or jujamcyn house? Do the producers have a relationship with either org? I know they previously had a development deal with the shuberts but it was a while ago.

Lea Michele as Fanny - Funny Girl
 Jul 12 2023, 12:47:21 AM

Penna2 said: "RippedMan said: "Why is it her fault when the casting team brought her in, the director cast her, the producers all saw her and agreed she's right for the part...she's an actress taking a high profile, well paying gig."

Because she can read and, I would hope, had some awareness of who the person was she hoped to play. Apparently, neither was the case.
"

Everyone here is missing the point. Maybe she CAN’T read!

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
 Jun 20 2023, 03:32:12 PM

For John Chu to say there’s no way to continue the movie after something as epic as defying gravity, and that’s why it’s in 2 parts, he is proving he doesn’t know what he’s doing directing a musical. Movie musicals have successfully sustained momentum after epic Act 1 finales for literal decades, from Funny Girl to Dreamgirls. This show is not so special that it deserves anything different. This is subtraction by addition.

Hairspray movie comes out in 2007

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 15 2023, 04:26:28 PM

Am I the only one thinking this is critical time the Tony Awards Management committee, broadway league, and ATW should be using to beef up the Tony Awards website/YouTube streaming channel? The second attempt to see if WGA will not picket the ceremony is a waste of time in the critical month between nominations and awards.

You got your answer Friday to no longer rely on a live network telecast this year. So change your plans to debut a pre-taped event on the Tony YouTube channel on Jun

WGA strike impact on the 2023 Tonys
 May 13 2023, 07:11:15 PM

HogansHero said: "I also believe Broadway would benefit from the announcement of the awards on June 11. It finally would force the movement of Broadway marketing forward into the 21st Century in a real way rather than as its 20th century managers have tiptoed in greater or lesser degrees of cluelessness (with the League leading the way in the former)."

Damn Hogan, when we agree I don’t know what to do. The stars must have aligned and mercury is in the microwave

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You