News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for robskynyc

Member Name: robskynyc
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sara Bareilles Instagram Rant  Jan 16 2019, 05:40:27 PM

JSquared2 said: "robskynyc said: "I don't understand how the people around them don't say anything?! if I see a phone out during a show my inner Patti comes out and I'm like "yo put you ****ing phone away or ill put it away for you"

most people put it away. but I did snatch someones phone out of their hand at Chicago and throw it into the aisle.
"

Then I'd say it's only a matter of time before someone beats the sh"t out of you (and/oryou are arrested).

"

she got 2 warnings before I snatched her phone out of her hand. I'm 6'1" and a brown belt in krav maga and a green beret vet. I'm pretty sure nobody is beating anything out of me.

and arrest? LOL riiiiight. assuming she got kicked out of the theatre and then what? ran up to the nearest cop and said "officer he snatched my phone out of my hand while I was actively breaking the law." and then convince the cops to come back to the theatre? LOL you must not be from nyc. I've seen someone get physically assaulted by a homeless psycho, and when they went up to the cops who were two feet away they shrugged it off. 

Sara Bareilles Instagram Rant  Jan 16 2019, 12:25:49 PM

I don't understand how the people around them don't say anything?! if I see a phone out during a show my inner Patti comes out and I'm like "yo put you ****ing phone away or ill put it away for you"

most people put it away. but I did snatch someones phone out of their hand at Chicago and throw it into the aisle.

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jan 15 2019, 02:20:01 PM

I finally managed to get my hands on the audio of the entire show. and I see what others where saying here it is so WEIRD how the audience laughs at the beginning of almost every single song. WHY?! LOL

SMASH / Bombshell: Alternative Versions, Acapellas and Instrumentals  Jan 14 2019, 03:32:41 PM

ALL OF THE YES <3 <3 <3

Black Glinda  Jan 11 2019, 07:59:49 PM

Elfuhbuh said: "Im sorry, but there is no way JK Rowling had a racially mysterious Hermione in mind when she wrote those books. Shes only saying that now because she saw some fans suggesting Hermione could be black a couple years before Cursed Child was a thing and was like, Yeah! However the fans want to interpret her, etc., etc. But she did approve the cover art, she did describe Hermiones face as white in one scene, and she implied Hermione got a tan during vacation in Prizoner of

What to do about ITH professional production with non POC in lead roles?  Jan 8 2019, 01:26:43 PM

_(•_&bull_/ said: "You should also be VERY careful, some of us latinos pass as white."

AMEN.

What to do about ITH professional production with non POC in lead roles?  Jan 8 2019, 01:20:08 PM

MR11 said: "I'm guessing it's not "very serious" to you because you aren't a POC fighting for representation and roles and instead they are being given to white actors?

Very sad.
"

lmao. im puerto rican. and I couldn't care less about this. theres bigger fish to try in the world than this. but thanks for assuming my ethnicity

What to do about ITH professional production with non POC in lead roles?  Jan 8 2019, 09:29:54 AM

its ONE production thats only running ONE week. calm the F down. its not that serious. its also very SUS that you made your account specifically to post this. did you audition and they passed you over? whats your real reason for bashing this?

First Teaser for FX series, FOSSE/VERDON  Jan 6 2019, 09:59:46 PM
Holy sh!t this looks amazing. And it looks like we are getting the whos got the pain number we all wanted!!!
King Kong in Trouble?  Jan 2 2019, 09:54:23 PM

Sho-Tunes-R-Us said: "If ever a show needed to play Vegas KONG is the one. And I don't mean that in a bad way. The spectacle could be enhance five times over with a Vegas budget and the show cut to a tab version, ala Phantom: The Spectacle. That show ran at Paris LV for many years...as did Mamma Mia! (the first time 'round). The tourists would eat it up and the Big Guy would continue to RRRRRRROOOOAAAARRRR for many moons."

Sho Tunes- how much more budget do u

Once on This Island Rush  Dec 31 2018, 05:14:59 PM

BroadwayNoob said: "chuckydisc said: "BroadwayNoob said: "Ok, looks like the only day I can go see it with my friend is the evening show on the 29th. We would like to keep it fairly cheap, so even if we cannot grab the rush, do you think we should just wait to see what the box office has to offer?"

If wanting to keep it cheap why not ensure you get there early enough for rush?

"

your friend sounds obnoxious. tell them

Favourite scene transitions?  Dec 31 2018, 03:13:07 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "robskynyc said: "Call_me_jorge said: "This is very good question and one I really had to think about. I dont think Ill forget about the fun home tours transition going into the house. It so breathtaking and shocking at the same time.
Kind of on that note the first transition in Lookingglass Alice is always a wonder to watch.
"

are you talking about the projections where it looks like she's going down in the elevator?

Favourite scene transitions?  Dec 30 2018, 10:45:19 PM

Call_me_jorge said: "This is very good question and one I really had to think about. I dont think Ill forget about the fun home tours transition going into the house. It so breathtaking and shocking at the same time.
Kind of on that note the first transition in Lookingglass Alice is always a wonder to watch.
"

are you talking about the projections where it looks like she's going down in the elevator? I think it was with Janet Dacal

Going into Hamilton Blind  Dec 30 2018, 06:44:53 PM

its a tough call- I went in blind and LOVED it. and *mostly* understood everything. what I didn't get, I figured out later with the OBC. my boyfriend went in blind as well and hated it. he said he could barely understand them and wished he had listened to the OBC.

Steven Pasquale and American Son  Dec 30 2018, 03:41:07 PM

Saw this Weds Dec 26 and Steven was out as well :/

Phillipa Soo. Next Broadway show?  Dec 13 2018, 08:34:42 PM

NOWaWarning said: "I wanna read this full casting. Let’s have it!"

only if groff plays the witch lol

Titanic Broadway Revival!!!  Dec 13 2018, 08:31:51 PM

CT2NYC said: "robskynyc said: "y'all realize this thread was started in December of 2017 right? and there hasn't been another peep about this since then. except for that bad @SS revival they did on the lake."

Actually, there were peeps a few months ago:

https://www.broadway.com/buzz/193241/titanic-revival-aims-for-a-2019-2020-broadway-bow/
"

hey I'm all for it. I've been dying to see the show. but that article doesn't give any new information that wasn't already in the December 2017 article, with the exception of the auditions :-p 

we would have heard a lot more about this if it was really moving forward

Titanic Broadway Revival!!!  Dec 13 2018, 07:37:57 PM

y'all realize this thread was started in December of 2017 right? and there hasn't been another peep about this since then. except for that bad @SS revival they did on the lake.

Previews  Dec 8 2018, 12:04:11 PM

musical3 said: "I've not been active on this site in some time as you might surmise from my minimal posting history."

you've also only been a member for a month. highly SUS.

The Prom Cast Recording  Dec 7 2018, 10:40:26 PM

LuPita2 said: "The CD will be released on January 11th."

but it will be on streaming services dec 14! :)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You