News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dumphim

Member Name: dumphim
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rush Line Drama?  Aug 24 2019, 02:22:38 PM

I've been in line waiting to buy non-rush tickets and overheard customers yelling about how student rush was "discriminatory" and/or "ageist" multiple times. Making theatre available to students (typically people with less income/savings) has a specific purpose, and it's the people who can 100% afford full price tickets on the regular that complain about it. Anyone of any age can be a student/go back to school. I typically have good experience in general rush

Down to One  Aug 7 2019, 11:35:08 AM

Opening Night is now listed on TDF 

Discount Codes  Jul 30 2019, 03:32:47 PM

Sometimes I've had to hand over my mailer at the box office to use the mailing discount. I don't know why it's at some theatres but not others, but a couple times I didn't bring it with me so I had to look up the Broadway Box discount in the lobby

The Official TDF Thread  Jul 18 2019, 03:46:09 PM
Tootsie is up for this weekend
Bad Theater Behavior  May 10 2019, 09:34:51 AM
I won the Hamilton lottery last December and was in the second row orchestra. There was a family of five right behind me, two parents and three children. The eldest child was about 11-12 and started singing along during some songs. It was slightly annoying but I just ignored it because it was during all the large ensemble pieces so it wasn't too distracting. But when we got to Act 2, she started singing along during Burn. I turned my head around to look at her with a silent "I'm aware that you'r
HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 9 2019, 11:45:03 PM
Didn't they just release some clips to TheaterMania? I assumed those were from BRoll but I don't know what else they'd be filming tonight then
Hadestown Rush/SRO Updates  Apr 9 2019, 11:42:13 PM
They must be very full during press performances if they don't anticipate having any lottery availability
HADESTOWN Previews  Apr 9 2019, 09:52:11 AM
Adding to the list:

March 26 evening: flashy green umbrella
April 2 evening: plain black umbrella

ADA Seats Question  Mar 30 2019, 11:46:13 PM
They're ADA seats for a reason. If you need ADA locations, great, they're for you. If you want them because they're "better seats" or a "better price", you're potentially taking them away from someone who needs them and taking advantage of accessibility seating. You can sit in 99% of the theatre on any given day and they might not. Theatre should be available to as many people as possible, and purchasing ADA seats when you don't need them sounds pretty unethical imo
The Official TDF Thread  Mar 28 2019, 12:15:53 PM

LxGstv said: "Does anyone know if when you buy your ticket makes a difference on the seats? Or even when you pick them up?!

The seats for Hadestown are really scattered throughout, some better than others...
"

I have a running theory that TDF tickets are printed and then distributed alphabetically. My last name is at the very end of the alphabet and my seats are consistently farther back than other TDF locations reported on this board

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 27 2019, 09:40:30 AM
Caye2 said: "To those who got tickets to Hadestown through TDF....where were your seats?"

Last night I was mezz row C on the right side. Excellent view from there

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 26 2019, 04:01:21 PM
Band's Visit is up for next Wednesday eve
Beetljuice will play the Winter Garden!  Mar 19 2019, 02:49:19 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/BEETLEJUICE-Announces-ITS-GAME-SHOWTIME-Weekly-Live-Game-Show-And-Ticket-Lottery-20190319

This seems........ excessive for a lottery

The Band's Visit RUSH  Jan 14 2019, 06:22:11 PM
emb99 said: "Miles2Go2 said: "Thanks for this. Are box seats partial view (I know they frequently are) also? Also, if both rush partial view orchestra and box seats are available when you get to the window, will they let you pick which you prefer or do you just take what they give you?"

I rushed in November and the couple in front of me was asking about better seats and the box office people were not happy. Granted, I think it had more to do with the

What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019  Jan 14 2019, 12:29:08 PM
Interesting choice, I'm glad I'll get a chance to see it now. And happy for the Hayes staff!
Once on This Island Rush  Dec 26 2018, 09:21:12 PM
I was told that there's already no more rush offered, just standing room once they sell out.
NETWORK Previews  Nov 9 2018, 06:24:00 PM
No rush policy yet?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 27 2018, 11:28:58 AM
My bars moved at different speeds so they were in different places, but I was just surprised how vague it was

fwiw, it doesn't look like there are any "entry tickets" (aka less than $100) offered until May 15, although all were gone/in carts by the time I got in. I clicked on the lowest standard price ($99) on a couple dates just to see what it would give me and it's Balcony F/G on the far sides, seats where I've previously paid $20 and $40. Cursed Child dynamic pricing strikes again!

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 27 2018, 11:04:18 AM
Joined at 3 different times during the half hour on 3 different windows, all of them say 2000+ users ahead of me. Pretty sure last time they at least gave you a concrete number
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Sep 12 2018, 12:43:57 PM
Thanks for following up! Although I wish they were $99 total that's still great seats!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You