Once on This Island Rush

BroadwayNoob
#1Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/2/18 at 3:42pm

It looks like they've changed their lottery system to just be a rush one now. 

My friend and I were planning on going to see it before closing. Will the rush be really hard?

crazychrisc
#2Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/3/18 at 12:51pm

Tried the Rush yesterday (12/2) I got there at about 11:42 and I was 27th in line. I was still last in line by time the box office opened. By time I got to the booth, rush tickets for the matinee we're gone but evening was still available. I was offered a ticket for 69.50 for the matinee the seat ended up being 2nd row.

BroadwayNoob
#3Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/3/18 at 9:44pm

Ok, looks like the only day I can go see it with my friend is the evening show on the 29th. We would like to keep it fairly cheap, so even if we cannot grab the rush, do you think we should just wait to see what the box office has to offer?

chuckydisc
#4Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/3/18 at 9:57pm

BroadwayNoob said: "Ok, looks like the only day I can go see it with my friend is the evening show on the 29th. We would like to keep it fairly cheap, so even if we cannot grab the rush, do you think we should just wait to see what the box office has to offer?"

If wanting to keep it cheap why not ensure you get there early enough for rush?

BroadwayNoob
#5Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/3/18 at 10:03pm

chuckydisc said: "BroadwayNoob said: "Ok, looks like the only day I can go see it with my friend is the evening show on the 29th. We would like to keep it fairly cheap, so even if we cannot grab the rush, do you think we should just wait to see what the box office has to offer?"

"

I'm fine with doing that (I've done it before) but my friend is one of those people that gets really tired of stuff really quickly so I'm sure she'll be cranky by the time the show rolls around after being in the city all day. We just want to try to get the best seats possible but not have to break the bank

UncleCharlie
#6Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/4/18 at 2:05am

BroadwayNoob said: "I'm fine with doing that (I've done it before) but my friend is one of those people that gets really tired of stuff really quickly so I'm sure she'll be cranky by the time the show rolls around after being in the city all day. We just want to try to get the best seats possible but not have to break the bank"

Sooooo... since each person rushing can get 2 tickets, why don't you get there early, grab 2 tickets for the both of you and have her meet you at the box office at 10:15 or maybe somewhere else later in the day so you won't have to listen to her complain the whole day.

chuckydisc
#7Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/4/18 at 8:18am

UncleCharlie said: "BroadwayNoob said: "I'm fine with doing that (I've done it before) but my friend is one of those people that gets really tired of stuff really quickly so I'm sure she'll be cranky by the time the show rolls around after being in the city all day. We just want to try to get the best seats possible but not have to break the bank"

Sooooo... since each person rushing can get 2 tickets, why don't you get there early, grab 2 tickets for the both of you and have her meet you at the box office at 10:15 or maybe somewhere else later in the day so you won't have to listen to her complain the whole day.
"

Or maybe attend with someone else.  Cranky???  Don't think the show is for 2 year olds.

EPDD1000
#8Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/10/18 at 9:15pm

Has anyone rushed lately? Hoping to rush Friday, but don't want to pay beyond the rush price of $49.50 (I know they occasionally offer the $70). Thanks. 

joytobroadway
#9Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/10/18 at 11:51pm

I tired to rush on Friday (12/7). I got to the box office at about about 11:30 AM. I was informed that rush tickets were gone already, but they still sold me two tickets for $59 a piece. Great seats! Great show! Worth every penny! 

Kea4
#10Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/11/18 at 12:55pm

Does anyone think there is any chance of getting rush tickets for their last performance in January? It looks like it is already mostly sold out. I don't mind getting there very early, but I don't want to line up in the cold if there wont be any tickets.

JSquared2
#11Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/11/18 at 3:31pm

Kea4 said: "Does anyone think there is any chance of getting rush tickets for their last performance in January? It looks like it is already mostly sold out. I don't mind getting there very early, but I don't want to line up in the cold if there wont be any tickets."

Chances = Zero to None.  It'll be packed with friends and family.

TheatreEdAubrey
#12Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/17/18 at 10:24am

Hey everyone! 

I'm traveling to nyc the 29th-2nd and am trying to rush for a bunch of shows. I am planning on rushing for this show on Sunday but also want to rush for Band's Visit. What would be a good time to arrive? I could also rush the 1st! Also do they let you pick if its for the matinee or the evening show? Any tips are super helpful!! Thanks!!

Updated On: 12/17/18 at 10:24 AM

danaonotlater Profile Photo
danaonotlater
#13Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/17/18 at 4:35pm

I went to the box office around 3:45 today (Monday, December 17) and asked about rush on the off chance.  I was told that they were out of rush, but was offered standing room for $49.50.  I was sold!  Excited to return to the Island.

Casey L Gallahar
#14Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 12:00pm

Family of 5 still looking to rush this show on 12/29....  Tickets are drying up on telecharge less than 75 left.  If anyone can give a rush update for right after Christmas it would help.  Not sure what time to get tot he box office prior to 10 to have a shot?  Any advice would be appreciated.  Thanks

chuckydisc
#15Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 12:14pm

Kea4 said: "Does anyone think there is any chance of getting rush tickets for their last performance in January? It looks like it is already mostly sold out. I don't mind getting there very early, but I don't want to line up in the cold if there wont be any tickets."

Pre-ask AT the box office a few days before the last performance if they will have a Rush Line for the last few shows.

My best guess at the moment is MAYBE Standing Room.

chuckydisc
#16Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/20/18 at 12:14pm

Pre-ask AT the box office a few days before the last performance if they will have a Rush Line for the last few shows.

My best guess at the moment is MAYBE Standing Room.

Casey L Gallahar
#17Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/26/18 at 12:36pm

Anyone rushed lately? Tickets are basically gone and Im still a family of 5 wanting to rush matinee on 1/29 or matinee Sunday 1/30. If the show is sold out online for the most part will they still hold back rush tickets? Thanks!!!! Headed to NYC tomorrow.

dumphim
#18Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/26/18 at 9:21pm

I was told that there's already no more rush offered, just standing room once they sell out.

tictac Profile Photo
tictac
#19Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/27/18 at 3:09pm

dumphim said: "I was told that there's already no more rush offered, just standing room once they sell out."

Can anyone else confirm this? Planning to rush next week...

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#20Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/29/18 at 11:47pm

Has anyone rushed this week? I have a friend that is going to attempt it and she would like to know what time she should try to arrive in this finale week to hopefully get a ticket.

Carmilla
#21Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 1:46am

They don't have rush seats available anymore. They only have standing room, which sells out as soon as box office opens. I have no idea how early people have been getting there for standing room.

Casey L Gallahar
#22Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 5:11pm

Rushed 1/29 only standing room only tickets were available, all other seats were sold out. We were there at 7:30 and were 12th in line. I asked and the front of the line was there at 6:30 am. We got tickets and when I entered the theatre I counted standing room only Locations and Id say its around 30 or so. Long story short Id be there at 6am 4 hours before opening to be sure. After 7:30am probably no good.... of course if you rush a maintinee day you double the amount of tickets since two shows.

robskynyc
#23Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 12/31/18 at 5:14pm

BroadwayNoob said: "chuckydisc said: "BroadwayNoob said: "Ok, looks like the only day I can go see it with my friend is the evening show on the 29th. We would like to keep it fairly cheap, so even if we cannot grab the rush, do you think we should just wait to see what the box office has to offer?"

"

your friend sounds obnoxious. tell them to grow up.

I'm fine with doing that (I've done it before) but my friend is one of those people that gets really tired of stuff really quickly so I'm sure she'll be cranky by the time the show rolls around after being in the city all day. We just want to try to get the best seats possible but not have to break the bank"

jmfinny
#24Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 1/2/19 at 5:21pm

I just wanted to update anyone planning to rush for the last few shows.  Today was a 2 show day.  I arrived at the box office around 8:45 AM and there were about 40 or so people ahead of me.  At first, I thought "why even wait," but then I figured maybe a majority of the people in line weren't buying more than one ticket...I mean who is nice enough to wait in line for somebody else for over two hours in 30 degree weather??

There was a LONG line behind by the time the box office opened.  It was SRO for rush and I was able to snag the second to last ticket for the evening performance.  The afternoon performance sold out probably 30 people into the line.  They did seem to have some tickets available at full price, so once they sold out of rush some people stuck around.  

I'd honestly say for the rest of the run you probably have to get there closer to 7:30, if not earlier.  I know I was gambling by getting there at 8:45, but it was a risk I was willing to take.  I wanted to see the show, but only a certain amount of standing outside in the cold in the early morning was do-able for me, especially waiting alone.  

Anakela Profile Photo
Anakela
#25Once on This Island Rush
Posted: 1/3/19 at 5:51pm

I don't know if there's a better thread here to post this on, but I was just (Thursday 1/3) walking by the theatre and they now have this sign up about rush.

There is no rush, and standing room is $79.50 each, for the rest of the run. 

Once on This Island Rush

Videos