pixeltracker

What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019

What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#2What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 10:40am

Oh amazing, I've been dying to see this but never really got a chance... glad I'll get my shot now!

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#3What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 10:42am

This is why it's important to have such a small theater like the Helen Hayes on Broadway.

I'm not sure how well it'll do commercially. It's a big leap from the Village, but I'm excited there were producers willing to take it.

lachri5
#4What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 10:54am

There goes my hope of seeing Heidi in its DC premiere this April. But super happy for the show!

bjh2114 Profile Photo
bjh2114
#5What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:05am

This is so exciting! It's easily one of the best things I saw last year. I'm so pleased more people will have an opportunity to see this, and Heidi is absolutely a contender for Best Leading Actress in a Play come Tony time.

BeNice Profile Photo
BeNice
#6What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:07am

This is great news!

raddersons Profile Photo
raddersons
#7What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:18am

bjh2114 said: "Heidi is absolutely a contender for Best Leading Actress in a Play come Tony time."

Usually for one-person shows, if the tony committee likes it enough, it'll get a special tony award. See: Bruce Springsteen, John Leguizamo, Sarah Jones (Bridge and Tunnel)

LarryD2
#8What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:22am

raddersons said: "bjh2114 said: "Heidi is absolutely a contender for Best Leading Actress in a Play come Tony time."

Usually for one-person shows, if the tony committee likes it enough, it'll get a special tony award. See: Bruce Springsteen, John Leguizamo, Sarah Jones (Bridge and Tunnel)
"

This isn't a one-person show. There are four cast members.

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#9What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:24am

This piece will be an uphill climb, with inexperienced producers, tricky subject to market, and no guarantee of Tony nominations in such a crazy-crowded year. [And as of right now, it's only on sale through Tony Sunday, June 9.] But I'm very happy it's transferring and I wish them well!

Updated On: 1/14/19 at 11:24 AM

annang
#10What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:44am

Discount code:

Use code CONNYTW

for $99 orchestra seats!

Regular price $117–$159. Valid for select orchestra locations for perfs through 3/30/19. Offer subject to availability. Telecharge fees apply. All sales final. Must purchase by 11:59PM EST on 1/16/19.

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#11What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 11:54am

I'm so thrilled for this show. It was one of my faves last year. Besides being incredibly smart and thoughtful, it blended deeply moving stories with some very funny material. And what was so surprising and wonderful about it to me was that it was such an exceptionally hopeful show which, in this political climate, is an incredible gift to the audience. 

Because it's not a traditional play, I'm unsure how it will be handled by the Tonys. In the end, I just hope it finds the audience it deserves and that other people can get the catharsis from it that I did.

52889j
#12What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 12:20pm

Thursday Williams is getting a featured actress Tony nomination if the wing knows what's up.

dumphim
#13What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 12:29pm

Interesting choice, I'm glad I'll get a chance to see it now. And happy for the Hayes staff!

LightsOut90
#14What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 12:35pm

what an amazing bomb to drop right in the middle of the spring and it is considered a multi-person storytelling piece not a one woman show or a narrative play

RWPrincess
#15What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 1:35pm

How is the mezzanine at this theater? I know the $99 offer is great but they also have $57 mezzanine seats available and thats very tempting.

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#16What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 1:49pm

So someone correct me if I'm forgetting something, but with this announcement, that leaves the Lunt-Fontanne as the only viable Broadway house that will be empty for the spring (unless a currently running show shutters soon). And if that's the case, unless Girl From the North Country finally pulls the trigger on their limited engagement plan at the Lunt, the 2018-2019 Season is officially full. 

zainmax
#17What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 2:27pm

Wouldn't they have pulled the trigger already to build up an advance?

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#18What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 2:58pm

The DC run is cancelled

Sauja Profile Photo
Sauja
#19What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 4:05pm

RWPrincess said: "How is the mezzanine at this theater? I know the $99 offer is great but they also have $57 mezzanine seats available and thats very tempting."

RW, it's the smallest theatre on Broadway, and sightlines from the mezzanine are quite good. You might miss a little bit of facial nuance up there, but that's likely it!

RWPrincess
#20What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/14/19 at 6:11pm

Thank you Sauja! I ended up getting the cheap mezzanine ticket as this was not originally on my radar for the Spring season but I I would still like to see it.

LightsOut90
#21What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/15/19 at 2:05am

I believe the CORT is technically available after The New One closes next week if they decide to forgo renovations again for whatever might want it

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "So someone correct me if I'm forgetting something, but with this announcement, that leaves the Lunt-Fontanne as the only viable Broadway house that will be empty for the spring (unless a currently running show shutters soon). And if that's the case, unless Girl From the North Country finally pulls the trigger on their limited engagement plan at the Lunt, the 2018-2019 Season is officially full."

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#22What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/15/19 at 3:19am

LightsOut, King Lear has the Cort.

zainmax
#23What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 1/15/19 at 12:28pm

LightsOut90 said: "I believe the CORT is technically available after The New One closes next week if they decide to forgo renovations again for whatever might want it

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "So someone correct me if I'm forgetting something, but with this announcement, that leaves the Lunt-Fontanne as the only viable Broadway house that will be empty for the spring (unless a currently running show shutters soon). And if that's the case, unless Girl From the North Country finally pulls the trigger on their limited engagement plan at the Lunt, the 2018-2019 Season is officially full."

"

Not sure if everything is approved anyway.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#24What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 2/9/19 at 12:03am

Just watched the clip here on Broadway World. Looks pretty great to me. 

LightsOut90
#25What the Constitution Means to Me - Helen Hayes Theater March 2019
Posted: 2/9/19 at 1:49am

I have a ticket for 1st preview, I can not wait!

Videos