News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RicardoMagon

RicardoMagon Profile Photo
Member Name: RicardoMagon
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

A musical about Martin Luther King Jr?  Jun 12 2018, 06:36:03 PM

With all the amazing speeches he gave, the power of the civil rights movement, him meeting Malcolm X.......Wouldn't that make a great show? Has there ever been a musical on MLKjr? I feel like a musical on him would be great.

Diversity  Jun 12 2018, 05:47:33 PM

How is the cast of Hamilton not that diverse?

Diversity  Jun 11 2018, 02:51:33 PM

I also was getting the feels with all the diversity speeches last night.  I just wish there were more shows with people of color in them. To me it's unacceptable that people of color are typically not seen for "white roles". It's awful that there have only been 2 African Americans to play Phantom on Broadway. Why can't an Asian or Hispanic man play Phantom? Why can't an Asian woman play belle in beauty and the beast? the list goes on....

For an industry t

Robert De Niro.  Jun 11 2018, 08:59:33 AM

De Niro hate speech? You guys are joking right. We have a president that said there were good people among the nazis and racists at charlottesville. A president who callled african american players sons of bitches because they were protesting police brutality. A president that disparages transgender people by not wanting them to join in the millitary. A president who calls immigrants rapists. so NAH get out of here with your criticism of De Niro . De niro has the ballls to stand up to awful p

Robert De Niro.  Jun 11 2018, 08:45:06 AM

De Niro is a legend!!!! I hope they have him host next year! hahah

THE OFFICIAL 2018 TONY AWARDS VIEWING THREAD  Jun 10 2018, 08:32:49 PM

Wow. My Fair Lady looked amazing. Lauren sounds astounding and the chorus number looked amazing.

WHO WOULD HAVE BEEN THE BEST FILM  Jun 10 2018, 08:28:35 PM

No one could sing the **** out of Dolly like Streisand did. Streisand was a perfect Dolly.

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 10 2018, 08:29:27 AM

Great review. I'm surprised to see all the negative reviews for the current Angelica and Eliza. I think alot of people don't realize how tricky it is to play Angelica. I always think of Angelica as a baker's wife role. You have to have an amazing actress to pull it off or else she just fades in the background. Renee definitely earned her Tony because you could see so much emotion and so much regalnes and pride despite her character not given much to do in act 2. Lin said Angelica

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 9 2018, 10:15:00 PM

I'm seeing the show tomorrow. Was Miguel on for you today? I'm hoping I'm seeing Jimmie Jeter as Hamilton tomorrow.

Shoutout To Kelli O'Hara-Classic Roles!  Jun 9 2018, 08:18:00 PM

I don't know if Kelli was in talks to be in the carousel revival but her rendition of "If I loved you" was incredible. 

Who plays Hamilton and Burr in the Chicago cast on sundays?  Jun 9 2018, 05:39:12 PM

Thank you! I think I'll be seeing Jimmie JJ jeter in the role. Who is African American so that's awesome. And I assume the actor playing Burr does all 8 shows so I think I'll be seeing Jin Ha. Very excited!

Shoutout To Kelli O'Hara-Classic Roles!  Jun 9 2018, 12:08:46 PM

Yeah the classical soprano is definitely a dying breed on Broadway. Scores are more pop-related so can't really blame Kelli for finding every legit soprano role she can. They all just happen to be in the golden age. 

This is also true for the Bass. These days Women's voices need to be lower for scores and men's voices need to be higher for scores. It's a shame. There's so many great bass and bass-baritone voices out there.

Who plays Hamilton and Burr in the Chicago cast on sundays?  Jun 9 2018, 11:39:11 AM

Sorry I know there is a thread on Hamilton casting but I'll be seeing Hamilton in Chicago tomorrow  sunday (6/10/2018) and wanted to know who I will be seeing play the 2 roles. I know the New York Hamilton standby goes on on sundays and didn't know if that was the case for the chicago Hamilton. I've already seen Miguel in the role so it would be cool to see a different Hamilton. Anyone know?

Shoutout To Kelli O'Hara-Classic Roles!  Jun 9 2018, 08:58:45 AM

She's great. I think it be cool if she did more temporary roles though and didn't stay in the golden age genre so much. The great thing about Kelli is her acting is just as amazing as her singing so i'd love to see her in something like Next to Normal as Diana. I think that would be a challenge vocally and acting-wise that could pay off even if she might be Miscast. I think she could pull it off.

In The Heights Movie Casting  Jun 8 2018, 05:56:51 PM

I hope this film gives more visibility to latino/hispanic talent. .Only 3% of speaking characters in 2016′s top 100 films were Latinos. African Americans 13 %  and Asians 5%. All those numbers are pitiful. Can anyone remember the last time a Hispanic actor won an Oscar? Latinos are basically invisible in Hollywood and something has to change. 

Hollywood's depictions of Mexicans and Latinos as drug dealers,criminals and rapists have been going on for y

In The Heights Movie Casting  Jun 7 2018, 09:11:31 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Pre-production is expected to begin inSpring 2019 so whoever is relevant at that time will be considered in casting. For all the obvious PC reasons, expect to see Latin-American actors cast. American-Puerto RicanJennifer Lopez will definitely be Daniela and Puerto Rican bornEGOT Latina legend (still working) Rita Moreno will beAbuela Claudia."

PC? really? 

Anyways....

I'm really excited for this film. I'd love it if Chr

Examples of when the Tony Nominating Committee Seems to be Out-of-Step with the Entire Membership?  Jun 7 2018, 11:21:41 AM

"Aida was definitely a result of nominators still being upset that Lion King won over Ragtime 2 years earlier and wanted to make sure Disney couldn't triumph again (not to mention a lot of controversy with their out of town tryouts-"

What was the controversy with the out of town tryouts?

Examples of when the Tony Nominating Committee Seems to be Out-of-Step with the Entire Membership?  Jun 7 2018, 11:19:26 AM

-Giving the best musical award to the will rogers follies over Miss Saigon.

-Victor/Victoria not receiving a best musical nomination 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Jun 6 2018, 09:31:46 PM

When Luwoye's contract is up, will they bring in someone out of nowhere to play the part or do you think a stand by/understudy will step into the role?

Black Glinda  Jun 6 2018, 08:12:38 PM

The casting of Marcus Choi as George Washington in the Hamilton national tour has been tweeted about by so many Asian Broadway actors and actresses. Visibility matters.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You