News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for John Darling

John Darling Profile Photo
Member Name: John Darling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Who cast Laura B.. In TWS?
 Apr 5 2006, 03:34:52 PM
So wait. What exactly does she sing in the show? Only "If I Told You"? She has no solos?
Reefer Madness- Soundtrack?
 Jan 2 2006, 02:54:43 PM
Does anyone know if there was a soundtrack made for the Reefer Madness movie musical on Showtime? I have the DVD and was wondering if there was a CD available as well.

Thanks!

re: Broadway In Bryant Park: 8/18- Anyone else go?
 Aug 20 2005, 11:45:20 PM
I was there! It was awesome! Mainly because it was my first Bway in Bryant park visit, so i was excited. I wasn't too impressed with lennon. ASU and LK were awesome though.
Where is the "Dessa Rose" cast recording?
 Jul 6 2005, 02:16:00 PM
I saw "Dessa Rose" back in April, and really enjoyed it. I know a recording is planned, but I have yet to come across a release date. Does anyone know when the CD is expected? Or what the holdup is? Thanks for any help......JD
Where are LW and DRS cast recordings?
 May 12 2005, 12:45:44 AM
I have been searching everywhere for the LITTLE WOMEN and DIRTY ROTTEN SCOUNDRELS cast recordings in the MD area, and have yet to find them anywhere. I heard rumors that DRS release date was pushed back- is that so?

At any rate....WHAT'S GOING ON, GHOSTLIGHT!?!?!?!!

Where are these CD's!?

Anyone in MD find them?

Thanks...

re: Little Women CD frustration
 May 4 2005, 11:25:24 AM
Ughh! I go to school in DC and had the same problem. I checked 2 borders, a barnes and noble, a store in dupont circle, and union station. It wasn't anywhere. I hate stuff like this!
re: Favourite Sondheim lyric
 Apr 24 2005, 05:40:35 PM
"Hard to see the light now,
Just don't let it go.
Things will come out right now...
We can make it so.
Someone is on your side..
No one is Alone."

Definitely.

re: Who do you miss
 Apr 6 2005, 02:25:18 PM
-LAURA BENANTI
-KERRY BUTLER
-AUDRA MCDONALD
-DARIUS DEhAAS
-KRISTIN CHENOWETH

re: Most expressive voice?
 Mar 31 2005, 09:26:34 PM
Laura Benanti and Audra McDonald
re: The Wonder that is 'Into The Woods'
 Mar 30 2005, 11:16:56 AM
Laura Benanti is by far, the best Cinderella. Kim Crosby gave an impressive performace, but doesn't even come close to Laura Benanti's expert portrayal. And what an amazing voice!
re: Which LSoH Recording?
 Mar 25 2005, 04:17:41 PM
Definitely the revival. Hunter Foster is awesome, and Kerry Butler is THE BEST. At the risk of being stoned to death, i'm gonna go ahead and say that it's nice to hear Audrey actually sing, rather than moan. I think Ellen Greene was great in the role (if not a little grating on the nerves), but Kerry Butler seemed to just hit home for me. Anyway, definitely go for the revival.
re: beauty and the beast recording
 Mar 16 2005, 01:51:05 AM
Definitely the London Cast. The Beast (sorry, not sure who it is) is awesome on it. "If I Can't Love Her" is the highlight of the whole album.
re: Inside Hairspray - it's BAD
 Mar 9 2005, 06:49:11 PM
Please tell me you're kidding! I recently saw Hairspray and it quickly became one of the BEST shows I have ever seen. AND, Carly Jibson was the best part of the show!! Couldn't agree with you more.
Recording of Schwartz's "Forgivenesses Embrace" and "Children of the Wind"
 Feb 1 2005, 02:45:18 AM
Does anyone know where I can find a recording of Stephen Schwartz's "Forgiveness's Embrace" and "Children of the Wind"?

Any help would be awesome!

Thanks!
JD

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You