News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FrontRowCenter2

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
Member Name: FrontRowCenter2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: "he's short on height, shy on weight, but he's the only man can make my coffee percolate. ."

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Favorite/Most Clever Rhymes
 Nov 2 2020, 05:43:07 AM

He's shy on height, he's short on weight, but he's the only man can make my coffee percolate. .

MUSIC MAN Seems To Have Been Rescheduled For April 2021
 Jun 24 2020, 06:21:25 AM

Yup, just checked my Telecharge account and my tickets originally set for October 14th has now been changed to May 21, 2021, same seats.

Your First Broadway Show
 Jun 14 2020, 04:27:10 PM

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying 1962.  From the moment the overture started I was hooked! And that has not changed.  

What Was The Worst Musical You Saw
 Apr 8 2020, 06:30:37 AM

For me this is a no-brainer -  Thou Shalt Not (the only show I ever walked out of at intermission, along with about 20% of the audience!)

Favorite Flop?
 Nov 20 2019, 01:27:16 PM

The two I'm going with (and I still constantly listen to the OBCRs) are High Spirits and Golden Rainbow.

Favorite Short Lived Musicals?
 Sep 5 2019, 07:25:43 AM

Some of my past favorites that I surely wouldn't mind seeing again:

Sherry (a studio album was released a bit ago with Nathan Lane and Carol Burnett)

Stop the World I Want to Get Off and Roar of the Greasepaint The Smell of the Crowd (both starring the amazing Anthony Newley

Oliver

What shows have you walked out on?
 May 25 2018, 05:34:48 AM

Thou Shalt Not  - would have left before intermission if I hadn't been stuck in the center of the row!  Best overheard line from a lady also walking out at intermission:  "i guess even Stroman is allowed a bad day"

Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
 May 15 2018, 11:23:20 AM

Saw this last week and thought it to be very well done, however, I also thought that Parson's was the weak link as part of an overall extraordinary cast.

London COMPANY Starring PATTI LuPONE!
 Sep 22 2017, 06:19:04 AM

Guess I'm going to London!

DAVID COTE Out at TIME OUT
 Apr 28 2017, 05:31:48 AM

Speaking of DiLella, there are few people who annoy me more!! When he gets airtime, I either mute the TV or just switch channels.  Get rid of him and just have Cote take over his spot.

Debbie Reynolds has passed away
 Dec 29 2016, 06:06:37 AM

Debbie Reynolds was truly one of a kind.  Whenever I hear Good Morning it still puts a smile on my face.  Cannot believe that within a week both she and George Irving have passed, I too was lucky enough to see them both on Broadway in Irene.  RIP.

Tammy Grimes
 Nov 1 2016, 07:10:46 AM

The first time I ever saw a show twice was because I was so taken by Tammy Grimes - High Spirits.  To this day I still regularly listen to Home Sweet Heaven and You'd Better Love Me (also has one of my favorite overtures!).

RIP

Going to theatre alone?
 Mar 21 2016, 01:23:48 PM

I usually go along and generally don't mind it.  The only time I needed to search around for a companion was when I was the lottery for Hamilton last week and had bought 2 tickets - that was certainly not hard to find someone to attend with me!

Feb 2 2016, 07:16:06 AM

OBCR Overtures are a playlist on my iPhone and never get tired of listening to them!

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows
 Nov 19 2015, 06:17:54 AM

So glad you enjoyed your trip to New York and the shows you saw.  Thank you for sharing, it was a pleasure to read such an upbeat post!

Remembering SKYSCRAPER on its 50th Anniversary
 Nov 11 2015, 06:09:25 AM

What a coincidence with this posting - listened to the OBCR this morning on the way in to work!  Saw the show way back and II remember thoroughly enjoying it.  

The One Cast Album Never Recorded You Want
 Aug 13 2015, 07:08:33 AM

What, no wants a recording of Cry Baby??   :)

Palace Theater Seating
 Apr 1 2015, 01:34:21 PM
Four rows back in the mezz are still great seats, even slightly to the side. I think you would be happier there than that far back in the orchestra. Remember, it's a dance show and you get a better perspective from the mezz.
Palace Theater Seating
 Apr 1 2015, 05:44:07 AM
Palace stage is very high, I sat front row mezz for this and couldn't ask for a better seat!
Best staged number in theatre history?
 Mar 26 2015, 06:17:38 AM
I know I'm going to get a bit of heat from this one but I don't recall enjoying a number more in recent years than "It's a Musical" from Something Rotten! Too new??
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You