News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ILoveWicked330

ILoveWicked330 Profile Photo
Member Name: ILoveWicked330
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gypsy Rush Line Question  Jun 18 2008, 09:53:28 PM
I did the rush line today (Weds).
We figured it'd be crazy & read on here that people were there at like 4:30 so we got to today at 7:15ish & only 1 person was infront of us who got there at like 6:35.
Next people in line showed up around I wanna say 8:00, give or take a few mins.

Started getting crowded by 9:00 and by 10:00, it wasn't insane but there was a good 25 people or so in line which isn't that much but if you're shooting for 1st row, I'd say get there around 8, maybe 8

re: ACL ad in Times  Aug 16 2007, 06:57:23 PM
Yeah I passed by Aug 5th & noticed the new one & I figured they took down the old one because of the new cast. Really surprised they're taking this one down...
re: Do You Know the way to Grey Gardens?  Aug 13 2007, 04:35:07 PM
I was actually less than a mile away yesterday and I was hoping to pass it! We went to the Aquarium in Riverhead and decided to go to the Hamptons for dinner & we were driving around East Hampton and we were gonna look for the Grey Gardens Estate but didn't know the address or anything so we turned around
re: Review of Drowsy Chaperone with Mara Davi (8/5/07)  Aug 5 2007, 07:57:42 PM
L102
The lady next to me LOVEDDDDD the show which made me feel like happy for her. She kept screaming "encore encore!!!" & was histerically laughing the entire show.

I was walking around before going to the show and passed this large group of afew hundred kids by the Starbucks at the Mariott & saw them holding tickets so I looked and they had Drowsy tickets and I thought to myself "oh god ALLLLL of them?!?!" and sure enough they all did. The ushers were kind of poor on handling

re: Review of Drowsy Chaperone with Mara Davi (8/5/07)  Aug 5 2007, 07:31:25 PM
I was there today too in the last row of the mezz.
I went and got these tickets when I heard Davi would be in it so I was really looking forward to her performance.
Her singing and dancing are great. Her tricks in Show Off with the splits leading up to the back-hand thing was incredible and people around me went "WOAH". As much as I enjoyed her singing and dancing, I felt her acting was alittle weak. At times I felt like she was just saying the lines rather than acting. It's her firs

re: Chorus Line Lotto: No More  Jul 30 2007, 04:48:26 PM
Do we know for sure that the reason the lotto was cancelled was because of people complaining it was rigged? No, we don't.
For all we know, maybe the "lotto lady" got a new job and they couldn't find someone else to do the lotto. I know that sounds stupid but "rumors" about it being fixed also sounds stupid.

re: The 'Official' Good-Bye thread to the Edies (GREY GARDENS)  Jul 29 2007, 09:34:44 PM
Also, the ushers were handing out keychains of Red shoes ("They can get you for wearing Red Shoes on a Thursday...") & on the back had the Grey Gardens logo
Not sure if they were ever sold at the theatre, never saw them before...

re: DIVIDING DAY: The July 29th Closing Stories Thread  Jul 29 2007, 08:00:43 PM
Back from Grey Gardens
Don't know how to review it.
Audience was CRAZY
Christine got a standing ovation at the beginning of Act 2
Scott Frankel (sp?) made a speech after & everyone came on stage (Michael Greif, etc)
I'm sure more people will post more details later.
AMAZING show

re: Legally Blonde Performance Question  Jul 21 2007, 06:33:14 PM
I just looked at that chart & it says for 08-08-2007, Legally Blonde - 2:00 PM, 8:00 PM
re: Grey Gardens Student Rush  Jul 20 2007, 11:18:13 PM
Not sure if anyone knows but will there be SRO for the final show?
re: Maureen Moore TOMORROW, 7/17  Jul 18 2007, 05:29:47 PM
I posted this in a thread afew days ago because I went on Sunday:
When I got to the box office, I asked if there were any student rush tickets. The guy said "We are no longer doing Student Rush for the show".

So it wasn't a "made up" thing, because it actually happened...

re: Grey Gardens (matinee) 7/15/07  Jul 16 2007, 04:29:50 PM
I was up in the balcony at yesterdays matinee. There were afew empty seats but they were selling SRO so it must have been just about sold out
re: Gardens and Awakening *student* rush  Jul 15 2007, 08:15:47 PM
Grey Gardens doesn't offer Student Rush anymore. Read on here that they weren't but somebody said they still were so I tried today & the guy said they aren't offering student rush anymore but you can get balcony tickets for 10$ more.
I sat Balcony at todays matinee and it wasn't horrible. It was kinda bad, but it wasn't horrible.

re: A Chorus Line Lotto Rigged  Jun 28 2007, 05:25:14 PM
Wow just saw this thread & don't have the patience to read all 8 pages but:
I did the lotto YESTERDAY with my friend. The same lady who has done it every time did it. She picked the names right infront of us & called the names INSIDE. It was by NO way fixed. She didn't even open up the names. She picked the 10 or so winners & gave the slip to the security guy. HE looked at them but obviously he couldn't do anything to fix it.
So maybe it could be fixed when a cast member wants ti

re: Chorus Line's Thommie Walsh Dead at 57  Jun 16 2007, 08:45:16 PM
My heart completely sank when I read that. I'm in the middle of reading "On The Line". Terrible news. RIP
re: Did judy mclane leave Mamma Mia?  May 29 2007, 08:59:16 PM
Saw it on Sat- she was out but her replacement was in the playbill so I guess it's a known extended absense.
Her replacement was eh. Her wig was extremely fake & looked horrible. Her comedic timing was also alittle off. But she was alright.

nvm- delete  May 17 2007, 09:53:25 PM
edit: nevermind. it was for her new tv show, not a broadway show.
thread can be deleted

re: Tony tickets  May 15 2007, 04:32:35 PM
just got tickets!!! $200 tickets 2nd mezzanine row J
re: A Chorus Line SRO lately?  Apr 26 2007, 05:59:30 PM
I tried to get SRO before the lotto afew weeks ago (Sat Matinee). Got to the box office around 9 to guarentee SRO. When they opened at 10, the lady told us that they weren't selling SRO yet because the show wasn't sold out and we should try back AFTER the lotto. So we tried the lotto & ended up winning. But they were selling SRO tickets right after the lotto so as long as you're aware of the last lotto name being called, get on the line where the lady tells you and you'll get tickets.
re: Millie: alternate version?  Apr 26 2007, 05:10:26 PM
"Oceanside High School on Long Island is doing it this weekend"

Just to correc that- I was in it. It was LAST weekend and had AMAZING success. Everybody said it was the best show to hit the OHS stage in YEARS. A reviewer from TheatreMania.com (and a Tony voter. Forgot his name...) came and he said he was blown away (I mean, he coulda lied to make us feel good but...). He said he dislikes the show itself and when he voted in the Tonys, he didn't vote for anything to do with Millie.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You