News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WesternSky2

WesternSky2 Profile Photo
Member Name: WesternSky2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.kerriebond.com
Blog Address: http://www.livejournal.com/users/orlando_s_lover/

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Oct 20 2023, 04:30:57 PM

I was listening to Steve Kazee's interview on the Theater Enthusiast podcast, and he mentioned that he had talked to Michael Arden about a year and a half ago about doing a production of Sweeney Todd with Arden directing, Steve as Sweeney, and Kathryn Hahn (!!!) as Mrs. Lovett. Not the pairing I would have come up with myself, but I can't stop thinking about it.

Favorite theatre related podcasts?
 Aug 8 2023, 10:51:37 AM

The Theater Enthusiast is a fun one for interviews! A lot of great actors have appeared, but also other folks from other areas of the industry which is really interesting. https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-theater-enthusiast-podcast/id1540533099

Waitress @ Tribeca Film Festival
 May 9 2023, 01:18:41 PM

Rush is definitely my backup! I'm just a little scared of how early people will line up... 

May 9 2023, 12:17:28 PM

lol well at least I made someone laugh!

May 8 2023, 08:01:14 PM

Hi all! I'm searching for one ticket for the premiere screening of Waitress at the Tribeca Film Festival on June 12th! I just learned that Sara Bareilles will be performing that evening, and now I'm kicking myself for not jumping on tickets sooner - it's all sold out now. I'm a Sara superfan and would love to take a ticket off your hands at face value if you can no longer use it! Feel free to DM me!! 

MERRILY will transfer next falli
 Mar 23 2023, 11:00:13 AM

Did it!!! Snagged Row E balcony ($107 each) on November 26th. Once I got in it was super smooth - was able to get 2 additional tickets for a different date for a friend who was still waiting as well. Still lots of seats available when I was in there - keep waiting!

MERRILY will transfer next falli
 Mar 23 2023, 10:41:13 AM

What is the pricing for rear mezz and balcony? I'm 2 minutes away! (FIngers crossed)

NEXT TO NORMAL Film Adaptation On The Way?
 Jan 17 2023, 11:53:14 AM

I have a pretty extreme bias here, but I'd love to see Ewan McGregor as Dan.

Into The Woods casting updates
 Aug 4 2022, 01:59:21 PM

Auggie27 said: "Chip Zien as the Narrator makes me tear up."

Chip played the mysterious man when they did ITW at the Delacorte and I still get emotional thinking about it.

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 15 2022, 11:25:41 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "My feeling on both Beanie and Benko is that both are giving very interesting Regional Theatre-level performances –– Benko a little more traditionally Barbra, Beanie taking a bigger swing. If I saw either of those performances at a venue like Barrington or Goodspeed or The Muny, I'd come out impressed and with bragging rights."

YES. I absolutely agree with this. (As far as Beanie is concerned - I haven't seen Benko.)<

Beanie Feldstein Departing FUNNY GIRL on July 31 (Two Months Earlier Than Originally Announced)
 Jul 15 2022, 06:07:21 PM

Okay, I'm scared posting this but I thought it might be useful to hear feedback from a recent performance. I saw the show last night and based on the BWW threads, I was truly expecting a trainwreck. I was expecting off-key, embarrassing singing. But I thought Beanie was fine, if not very good in some moments.

I thought her final number was genuinely beautifully sung and moving. She has a lovely voice when singing in her comfort zone, the problem here, in my opinion, is so much of t

INTO THE WOODS Previews
 Jul 11 2022, 06:23:28 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "^ Y’all are NOT gonna be mad about that replacement. I’m going at least twice. (I wish it was Jake but I can’t have everything lol)"

INTERESTING. Can you give us a hint?! angel

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
 May 26 2022, 10:16:59 AM

Grabbed tickets for the first show! Row G of the mezz, doesn't seem too bad.

Wonder if they're saving the first row of the orch for rush or lottery?

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
 May 24 2022, 07:52:43 PM

Brian as the baker would be absolute dream casting for me. Take my money.

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
 May 24 2022, 02:20:00 PM

The New York City Center Twitter account just tweeted...

https://twitter.com/NYCityCenter/status/1529163500743970817

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 May 11 2022, 07:43:07 PM

VintageSnarker said: "WesternSky2 said: "Derek Klena is a gifted performer who can more than carry a tune, but IMO, his voice type isn't a natural fit for this score."

lol, these are still just pop songs. It won't destroy the integrity of "the score" to lower the keys.
"

Oh, absolutely, my note about the key being lowered was more just a point of interest, didn't mean to imply otherwise. My opinion on his voice type

MOULIN ROUGE! Reopening Night Thread
 May 11 2022, 09:55:01 AM

It's funny that those messages were deleted when many people discussed the leaked audios of Beanie on Twitter at length in the Funny Girl thread, and the moderators didn't bat an eye.

Derek Klena is a gifted performer who can more than carry a tune, but IMO, his voice type isn't a natural fit for this score. (From what I may or may not have heard, he's also singing at least one specific song a full step lower.) There is of course lots of time for any

Darlesia Cearcy & Wilson Jermaine Heredia in NEXT TO NORMAL at Westport Country Playhouse
 Apr 11 2022, 07:13:57 PM

Oh amazing!! Google maps was showing me some very strange directions lol Definitely going to make the trip for the last show!

Darlesia Cearcy & Wilson Jermaine Heredia in NEXT TO NORMAL at Westport Country Playhouse
 Apr 11 2022, 06:53:48 PM

Has anyone traveled here from NYC via public transportation? It looks like it's possible, with some transfers. Wondering if it's straightforward/worth it!

Rush Tix via Today Tix
 Mar 30 2022, 10:34:15 PM

I was able to get rush tickets for this evening's performance of Take Me Out! Left Mezz Row D, first two seats right off the aisle. No trouble at all securing them - clicked the button right at 9am and was able to immediately put them in my cart.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You