News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayrocks_ca

bwayrocks_ca Profile Photo
Member Name: bwayrocks_ca
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Does The Kennedy Center Encourage or Discourage Stagedooring?  May 10 2009, 08:20:19 AM
Can someone please describe where the stage door is? Is it on the outside on the north side of the building?

Thanks!

re: Photo Coverage EXCLUSIVE: Signature Theatre's 'GIANT' Curtain Call  May 4 2009, 04:24:41 PM
It seems like we have 2 for it and 2 against it so far...

And I will have to agree with regnad kcin again, the problem for me was that the story superficially touched on many large themes, which in my opinion made for an uninteresting plot. I really enjoy reading a good epic book, but making a musical (or play) out of one really takes a good balance of story and time frame (in reference to spanning about 40 years) in order to draw me into the story on a stage. But that's just me.

re: Photo Coverage EXCLUSIVE: Signature Theatre's 'GIANT' Curtain Call  May 3 2009, 02:37:29 PM
I will add to what has already been said - this show is in terrible shape right now. I saw it last Friday, and I was really at the theatre for 4 hrs - the 1st intermission was about 5 min and the 2nd one was 10-15 min. I had not seen the movie or read the book before seeing the musical, but I think the book adaption needs a lot of work. They focus on a few key moments in life span of the characters in each act, and then, using dialogue, skip 10-15 years at a time. This was not very effective in
re: Saw NEXT TO NORMAL First Preview in DC Nov. 21  Nov 22 2008, 11:13:19 AM
I was also at the first preview last night. Let me say first that I tried to see this show 3 times in NYC last year, but it was sold out every time. So, last night was my first time seeing the show (and I purposefully did not read about the story before seeing it).

I LOVED it. I was completely shocked when we learn about Gabe. I felt many emotions, high and low, last night. I can not compare it to the the arc of the Second Stage production, but in this production, I really felt Diana's

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Sep 29 2008, 11:21:40 AM
"No matter what the future may hold for [tos], I know that it will keep living on through the spirit and love of all the true fans here and everywhere else in the world."

This is exactly what Michael Beresse told me at the stage door last week!

re: Farewell XANADU!! (Sunday, Sept. 28th, 2008)  Sep 28 2008, 05:58:51 PM
Just got back from the final show - and what a great way to end.

First, it started with a huge standing ovation applause when Cheyenne came out to which eventually fell over on his side in the middle of the stage and had the biggest grin on his face. Then, he said "this is going to be a great afternoon" and started the show. Everyone, of course, got huge entrance applauses.

Fun things that happened:
- Jackie's ad lib was several minutes and including acting out the f

re: Farewell XANADU!! (Sunday, Sept. 28th, 2008)  Sep 28 2008, 02:02:00 PM
I went into this show expecting to hate it, but wow, was I wrong! It turned out to be the best show I had seen all year. The one thing that comes to mind is a quote from The Drowsy Chaperone, "It takes you to another world and gives you a little tune to hum for when you're feeling blue."

I'm on my way to the final show now...
I'll miss you, Xanadu!

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Sep 28 2008, 12:14:29 PM
I was on the corner of 45th and 6th yesterday and handed out about 200 flyers with a couple dozen people with serious interest who had not heard of the show before.

The best tactic I had was to sing and dance songs from [tos] with my friend.... people on the street were intrigued by it and were more likely to take a flyer.

Also, I know that at least 1 person got interviewed by NY1 yesterday.

re: [Title of Show] Transferring BACK Off-Broadway?  Sep 23 2008, 04:37:22 PM
Die, vampire, Die!
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  Sep 23 2008, 02:06:55 PM
I think that Kerry's concert in on Sat. night which means she could easily take a redeye from CA and make in plenty of time for the final performance (which I really hope she does).
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Sep 22 2008, 05:33:35 PM
Ok [tossers] - get those letters out there!

I just finished sending mine to the entire [tos]quest list.

Save [tos]!

re: So what did we all buy?  Sep 21 2008, 05:51:34 PM
- playbill yearbook + tote bag ($20)
- Pirate Queen grab bag with t-shirt, poster, etc ($20)
- Spelling Bee t-shirt and beanie ($15)
- Seth's chatterbox videos x2
- Actor's Fund posters of Funny Girl, Chess, and Hair
- A Chorus Line head band ($1)
- [tos] red velvet cake ($1)
- [tos] opening night caricature ($30)

I felt like it was less crowded than last year especially the autograph lines (which I did not participate in). I was also looking for a Drowsy Chaperone martini glass like the one I bought last year (but broke ), but no luck.

re: Flea Market 2008  Sep 13 2008, 01:47:54 PM
"Two days ago, AccuWeather.com also showed rain for the 21st. But now it says 'Sunshine', between 18 and 25 degrees (Celsius, that is :)). "

On a side note, rain prediction more than 3-5 days in the future is almost worthless.

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Aug 22 2008, 12:24:53 AM
I'll def. write my letter to Oprah tonight!

But please - whoever was at the chatterbox - more details! I was able to catch Jeff and Hunter at the last one, and they were fantastic, but I'm on vacation this week and could not make it to see Susan and Heidi. What funny stories did they tell? Did anyone bring fun video clips? Did either of them sing?

re: Patti LuPone?  Aug 21 2008, 09:54:12 PM
I have seen several of her 'out-of-town' concerts including her and Mandy in Philly, and she has always been lovely at the stage door. (even in Portland, OR when it was raining, and there were only 3 of us waiting for her outside)
re: Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 3!!!  Aug 11 2008, 03:20:30 PM
I was standing near the bar before the show as I forgot to reserve a table but got very lucky when I was able to join the table at the right end of the bar. (John and Lisa - if you read this - thanks again). Great view of the performers and the crowd. It's almost just as fun to watch the audience's reactions.

We are the world = perfect ending!

re: Broadway Loves the 80s Vol 3!!!  Aug 11 2008, 11:23:44 AM
Just wanted add how much fun I had last night too! Kenita Miller, Marty Thomas and Mandy Gonzales were the highlights for me. And my favorite outfit of the night was Adinah Alexander - she looked and sounded like an 80's pop star. Hopefully, we see some pictures very soon. Also, Mo' Rocca was, once again, a great host!

Anyone else notice Judith Light rocking out and singing along with almost every song?!

And I really wanted that Teddy Ruxpin, but $800 was as high as I could go.

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Aug 3 2008, 06:06:32 PM
Also, about the t-shirts... I was at the stage door last night, and Larry was wearing an awesome black shirt with the "four diamond studded chairs" which he said were heopfully going to be for sale soon (which I would totally buy). I love how many different (and creative) shirts they have for sale.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Jul 31 2008, 08:11:57 PM
The Borders event was great. They sang "Untitled Opening Number" and "9 peoples favorite thing." There was about 100-150 people there including what looked like many [tossers] in their [tos] t-shirts, bags and duck tape [tos] stickers. During "9 people," Heidi said/sang "What the f-?" instead of the real lyric which I thought was hilarious considering that the "unedited" cast recording was playing on the store sound system before the performance. The five of them looked very happy and excited t
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!  Jul 30 2008, 10:51:46 PM
What a great excuse to get out of work a bit early - see you tomorrow at Borders for some tos-time!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You