News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jhershour

Member Name: jhershour
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: BWW TV Exclusive: Saying Au Revoir To Beauty and the Beast
 Jul 27 2007, 07:42:34 AM
This was absolutely beautiful! It brought tears to my eyes. Thank you.
re: Pirate Queen 4/11 8PM performance
 Apr 12 2007, 01:21:03 PM
I saw the 4/11 matinee performance and I was very disappointed. I really expected more from all involved but especially from Boublil and Shonberg and David Shire. Shame on them for bringing something so mediocre to a Broadway stage.
re: Broadway Musicals on DVD
 Jan 25 2007, 06:53:31 AM
I, too, wish producers would create DVDs of live musicals for sale to the general public. Release them after the show closes on Broadway...what a great way to make a few extra bucks. Plus, for those of us who don't live in or near NYC, we get to see shows we otherwise only read about. Producers...do you hear us?
re: Why in heaven's name didn't Little Women do better?!
 Dec 28 2006, 10:43:03 AM
I saw both the Broadway version and the tour...I do love the music and think that the overture is one of the best ever written. On top of seeing it twice, I am a huge fan of the novel having read it over 20 times. That being said, the musical book did fail to develop the characters and it failed to help the audience make an emotional connection to the sisters. In the novel, Beth's death brings me to tears everytime because she was so selfless. I could go on and on but I won't bore you.
<

re: Most Beautiful Score you have ever heard
 Sep 2 2006, 01:32:15 PM
The Light in the Piazza and Carousel
Actor you have seen in at least two different performances
 Aug 12 2006, 05:52:29 PM
Sutton Foster in Millie, Little Women and The Drowsy Chaperone
Gary Beach in The Producers and La Cage Aux Folles
Christopher Seiber in Beauty and the Beast and Into the Woods

re: Broadway shows that everyone loves that YOU just happen to hate!
 Nov 13 2005, 06:23:22 PM
RENT!
re: Gavin Creel's new CD
 Nov 11 2005, 06:52:04 AM
I contacted his attorney's office and they told me that he has yet to find a record company to distribute it. As soon as they do, they will release the CD to the general public.
re: Maury Yeston's 'Now and Then'
 Sep 23 2005, 08:09:20 AM

re: Maury Yeston's 'Now and Then'
 Sep 23 2005, 08:09:12 AM
I don't think it's from a musical. It's on the Maury Yeston Songbook CD and it's sung by Laura Benanti. It's absolutely beautiful.
Maury Yeston's "Now and Then"
 Sep 23 2005, 07:08:48 AM
Does anyone know where I can get sheet music for Maury Yeston's song "Now and Then"?
re: Best Overture vote
 Sep 13 2005, 04:34:02 PM
Three get my vote...
The Light in the Piazza
Little Women (it's short)
The Fantasticks

re: Who do you prefer Sarah Brightman or Emmy Rossum singing the songs from
 Sep 9 2005, 10:15:36 AM
There is no question...Sarah Brightman. Even though I don't care for her voice, she is a strong soprano. Emmy Rossum, although quite beautiful in looks, doesn't have a strong soprano voice and would have never been selected to sing the leads witha any opera company. The movie, with the exception of Patrick Wilson, really shortchanged us in the vocal department.
re: Gavin Creel's new album
 Sep 6 2005, 02:16:38 PM
I believe he's written some songs of his own to sing. I heard that he was recording it this summer but I don't know when it will be released.
Gavin Creel's new album
 Sep 6 2005, 10:26:44 AM
Does anyone have an idea as to when Gavin Creel's album is going to be released?
re: Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
 Aug 12 2005, 06:56:02 AM
I was told, by the father of one of the cast members, that there will not be a U.S. cast recording of Chitty. He said the London version is selling well. Raul is fantastic in the show, but you wouldn't expect less, would you? My daughter made me go to the show (she wanted tickets for her birthday) and, to be honest, I didn't think I would like it. But, it is delightfully refreshing and fun. I think it's a must show for anyone with children (even teenagers). We met many of the cast after th
re: Tick...Tick...BOOM! vs. Rent
 Jul 29 2005, 05:04:51 PM
I don't think "Rent" even holds a candle to "Tick..Tick...BOOM!". The music in TTB is by far superior and there is a story line. "Rent", while a successful play in it's own right only received the acclaim due to the unfortunate death of Jonathan Larson.
re: Little Women is Dreadful
 May 7 2005, 10:05:22 AM
You are right...the ball was held at Meg's friend's house not at Laurie's. The ball is where Jo first meets Laurie.

I agree that "Little Women" is not the best show on Broadway and not nearly as good for Sutton Foster as "Millie". That being said, the show did move me to tears and I felt that most of the performers were top-rate. They did the best with what they had. The songs were touching and entertaining.

I recommend this musical to anyone who is a fan of the book becaus

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You