News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TheatreFan27

TheatreFan27 Profile Photo
Member Name: TheatreFan27
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Your Dream Production
 Aug 11 2019, 01:07:18 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "Into the Woods at the Vivian Beaumont."

I second a Lincoln Center production of Into the Woods at the Vivian Beaumont! Starring Jake Gyllenhaal or Lin Manuel Miranda as The Baker and Laura Benanti as The Baker's Wife.

Hadestown transfer
 Feb 15 2018, 10:31:54 AM

Really hoping a Broadway transfer materializes this fall. The score is just so fantastic! If they are in talks with the Shuberts, I would love to see this end up in the Jacobs. As of now, I believe it's due to be vacant once ICEMAN COMETH wraps up in July.

Les Mis 2014 Casting?
 Sep 10 2013, 02:27:03 PM
This seems to be the new artwork they're using for the Broadway revival. Something a little different but familiar. I like it.
Fun Home to Return to The Public September 2013
 Aug 8 2013, 01:09:13 PM
Very excited to hear about Michael Cerveris and Judy Kuhn! Production dates September 30-November 3, with an official opening set for October 22nd.

For those who saw the Public Lab run, what can you say about the score?

Imperial, marquis, schoenfeld, new amsterdam, kerr, Lyceum, Brooks
 May 8 2013, 11:19:23 AM
A CHRISTMAS STORY at the Marquis would be a great fit! Once the show wraps after the holiday season, that allows for THE BODYGUARD to load in and set up shop for the Spring. The Marquis is a prime location, it's just unfortunate it will remain vacant throughout the summer unless something else pops up.

For LES MIS, I've always thought it would be a great fit at the Ambassador Theatre. That would mean CHICAGO would have to move out (to the BOOTH perhaps?)but capacity/space wise, the new

Broadway Billboards corner 47th/7th
 Mar 6 2013, 10:39:11 AM
Wow! That's shocking. If the whole building is coming down, I wonder what will go up? Strange because those billboards have become so iconic to Broadway over the past two decades.
Let's Cast the 2014 Revival of Les Miz! Go!
 Feb 19 2013, 03:34:05 PM
Jean Valjean - Anthony Warlow
Javert - Andrew Varela
Fantine - Betsy Morgan/Betsy Wolfe
Madame Thenardier - Mary Testa
Thenardier - Bertie Carvel/Jim Borstelmann
Eponine - Jennifer Damiano
Marius - Matt Doyle
Enjolras - Jay Armstrong Johnson
Cosette - ????

Broadways New Divas!
 Jan 18 2013, 05:07:26 PM
RECENT/CURRENT DIVAS (obviously not counting Peters, Lupone, etc.)

Audra McDonald
Kristin Chenoweth
Sutton Foster
Stephanie J. Block
Sherie Rene Scott
Alice Ripley

UP AND COMING DIVAS

Sierra Boggess
Lindsay Mendez
Betsy Wolfe
Jessie Mueller
Leslie Kritzer
Laura Osnes

Florence Welch Developing a Musical
 Jan 7 2013, 02:45:50 PM
I don't believe this was posted here, but a few months back, it was reported that Florence Welch of Florence + the Machine would be taking some time off to pen a new musical with her longtime friend and costume designer, Sophie Hart-Walsh.

Call me crazy, but I think this could be amazing. What I would really love (you may not agree) is for a musical to be written revolving around the songs of Florence + the Machine. Obviously, Broadway has been inundated with jukebox musicals and mov

The Andrew Varela School of Javert
 Jan 7 2013, 02:28:17 PM
100% agreed. Andrew Varela is truly something else, it would be sacrilege not to bring him to the Broadway revival. I would love to see Anthony Warlow as Valjean when this revival happens as well, as I am not much of a fan of Alfie Boe.

Also, how is the new Fantine, Genevieve LeClerc?

Les Mis back to Broadway?
 Dec 26 2012, 01:22:29 PM
I hope that if the Les Mis tour does come to Broadway, it's not a rushed decision. I would love to see a well-thought out, carefully excecuted revival return to the Great White Way, unlike the 2006 fiasco.

I actually really enjoyed the new 25th Anniversary production, especially Javert's suicide. If they could incorporate some elements from both the original and 25th Anniv. productions, I think it could be really great. I doubt CamMack will allow a Les Mis back on Broadway without s

New Les Mis Footage
 Nov 30 2012, 09:35:26 PM
They've added several more official clips as well, including:
Director Info on Wicked and Jersey Boys Movies
 Jul 13 2012, 11:36:43 AM
The fact that Stephen Daldry is being courted by Universal gives me hope for the ultimate outcome of this movie. Like with Tom Hooper's LES MISERABLES, I think Universal wants to create another Oscar-worthy film rather than just another summer blockbuster hit musical-turned-movie. I would love to see a darker WICKED on screen that resembles Maguire's novel rather than the fluffy Broadway musical. This could really end up being a magnificent piece of work, if done properly.

John Doyle to Helm PASSION at Classic Stage Company in 2013
 Apr 23 2012, 11:12:44 AM
I agree, Judy Kuhn as 'Diana' in NEXT TO NORMAL would be divine! I am so excited to see Judy as 'Fosca'. She is in my top 3 favorite Broadway actresses of all time!

I really hope we continue to see more of Kuhn as well. Preferably in new works. I so want her to get the Tony Award she deserves!

Stephanie Block on her next Broadway role
 Apr 6 2012, 11:30:24 AM
True
Stephanie Block on her next Broadway role
 Apr 6 2012, 11:27:40 AM
What about Grace in ANNIE?
Donna Murphy as The Witch in Into the Woods at the Delacorte.
 Apr 5 2012, 01:58:46 PM
YES! Such brilliant casting choices for both parts! If I'm not able to see this production, I hope to God that PBS can record it. I'm interested to see who they get for Little Red, Jack's Mother and Mysterious Man. I think Sarah Bolt from SISTER ACT would be incredible as Little Red and Chip Zien as Mysterious Man would be perfection!
Amy Adams to play the Baker's Wife
 Apr 4 2012, 12:05:53 PM
I'm throwing Marin Mazzie's name into the mix as well (being a Tony winner and not a TV/movie actress). She's got a great look for the part, incredible voice and phenomenal acting ability. She also reminds me of Hannah Waddingham (The Witch for Regent Park's production).

I'm still secretly hoping for Emily Skinner though :)

Best, I see we have the same idea haha

Amy Adams to play The Baker's Wife
 Apr 3 2012, 03:17:03 PM
Never would have guessed it in a million years, but I love Amy Adams and I am really looking forward to her performance in this role. I had secretly been hoping for Emily Skinner (I know she's not a BIG name) but I think she would have nailed it. I also think she'd make a great Witch too but obviously that won't happen.
Breaking News: MATILDA THE MUSICAL to Open on Broadway Early 2013
 Mar 2 2012, 11:44:32 AM
Audition notices when out yesterday for Broadway's MATILDA and it looks like the producers do want a male actor for the role of Miss Trunchbull.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You