News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotSinceCarrie2

Member Name: NotSinceCarrie2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

9to5: how do you guys feel?
 Feb 25 2011, 05:02:30 PM
"9 to 5" was pleasant enough on stage, but it wasn't really going to make anyone forget the movie. I think that's what disapointed me most. TPTB knew this and barely bothered to make the show stand on its own, and when they did, it was embarassing (God save me from those "relevant" jokes). I do have to agree with Dee and Mamie being better singers, though.
Official: SPIDER-MAN Brings On Consultant; 6th Delay Likely for Opening
 Feb 21 2011, 06:23:43 PM
God ... can't the government intercede and just close the damn thing?
And now there are two...
 Jan 25 2011, 12:08:03 AM
So far, everybody's booked except the Cort and Studio 54. The Roundabout site says an announcement will be made soon, and there is Born Yesterday waiting in the wings, so does anyone want to make a guess on what's going where?
Broadway Actors you can't stand that other people LOVE and you love and oth
 Jan 25 2011, 12:05:19 AM
Can't stand: Carol Channing, Tammy Grimes, Zero Mostel

Enjoy very much: Christine Ebersole, Nathan Lane

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/23
 Jan 24 2011, 11:59:39 PM
I feel like Chicago is staying around (A) to make it into the top 5 long-runners (within a month or two) and (B) to retroactively "beat" A Chorus Line (within this year).
Most Irritating Scenes/Songs in Musical Theatre
 Jan 23 2011, 08:27:04 PM
I've always found "I Always Cry at Weddings" to be annoying. I don't care about the Fandango Ballroom at that point, just Charity!

Runner-up: "Hurry Back" from Applause

Broadway Boredom - Does it ever happen??
 Jan 20 2011, 09:59:25 PM
Streisand was also guilty of this. According to William Goldman, she did at least one performance as Jerry Lewis as Fanny Brice.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/16
 Jan 18 2011, 02:18:31 PM
I guess this is the start of the slow period, but still, it's not too bad -- nobody fell under 50% capacity.

Also, I'd say reports of Lombardi's departure are premature.

A side of Angela Lansbury you never need to see
 Jan 12 2011, 11:32:26 PM
As the Emcee:

"You like Angie? Too bad. She likes herself."

Flop & Best Musical predictions for new season
 Jan 12 2011, 11:30:33 PM
Well, we've already had three musicals flop this fall, so hopefully that should appease the gods for awhile.

The year's big artistic hit, IMO, will be Book of Mormon. Everything else (even Wonderland and Spider-Man) will have respectable, if not spectacular, grosses. That being said, I imagine How to Succeed will close first (give or take two weeks after Radcliffe's contract expires).

Side note: is Sister Act playing up its Disney roots? If so, that could help it, and if it

Glenn Beck: The liberal media hates 'Spider-Man'
 Jan 12 2011, 11:06:26 PM
That's exactly it, Glenn ... you're so smart ... it's all a liberal thing.

(Rolls eyes so furiously they bore through head)

Million Dollar Ideas
 Jan 11 2011, 04:58:09 PM
I don't know if this topic's been tried, but let's post ideas for shows (plays or musicals) that (a) are too good to be true or (b) look good mostly on paper.

I give you Cheno as Blondie Bumpstead.

What are your favorite words of wisdom from a musical?
 Jan 9 2011, 11:18:05 PM
"Leo, he who hesitates is poor." -- The Producers

"Some people sit on their butts,
got the dream, yeah
but not the guts

That's living for some people,
for some humdrum people, I suppose

Well, they can stay and rot!
But not [Rose]" -- "Some People," Gypsy

Disney's ALADDIN to premiere at Seattle's 5th Ave. Theatre this summer
 Jan 8 2011, 04:59:45 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if they've been calling Nathan Lane at all hours of the day, asking him to take on the role of the Genie.
Saddest moment in musical
 Jan 8 2011, 04:55:26 PM
Two songs that bring out the tears are "Children and Art" from Sunday in the Park with George, and "Inside Your Heart" -- in particular, the couplet "I will shield you from harm/come spend your life on my arm" -- from Bat Boy
Great Performances We'll Never, Ever See
 Jan 6 2011, 12:03:08 AM
Jackie Gleason as Pseudolus (Martin Gottfried wrote Forum was announced for him) or as the star of Saul Bellow's The Last Analysis.
re: Show Closings
 Jan 3 2011, 11:35:13 PM
Yeah, Chicago and Mamma Mia aren't going away for a while, especially since Chicago and Lion King are now next to each other in the all-timers club.

Speaking of which, I suspect Chicago will stick around for at least one more year, just to surpass Chorus Line (ditto Mamma Mia, which enters the top ten this fall).

Relatively Small Cast Comedies to suggest for a Community Theatre
 Jan 2 2011, 06:27:39 PM
Bill Irwin's Scapin is quite fun, and an excellent way to have two leads (at least, that's how we did it, with Sylvestre just as important as Scapin -- 7m, 4f)

I'm blanking on others, but Lunch Hour (3m, 2f) is underrated.

Women on the Verge closing frees Patti up for more interesting projects
 Dec 30 2010, 01:19:20 AM
Add me to the list of people interested in a Lady Bird Johnson musical. The only thing souring it to me is that people might see it as "Evita 2"
FAT PIG: Which Theater?
 Dec 30 2010, 01:16:31 AM
I have no proof, but back when I read the announcement, the name "Studio 54" just popped in my head as Fat Pig's theatre.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You