News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Glinda's Candy

Glinda's Candy Profile Photo
Member Name: Glinda's Candy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hi! PM me if you want to chat about musicals and...um...stuff like that... ;-)
xxx

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Piazza Score Available like Wicked Score???
 Sep 4 2005, 09:27:14 AM
Hi guys,
I know you can obtain the wicked vocal score by emailing Stephen Schwartz (I was soooo excited when it arrived in my email inbox!!!).
I was just wondering if anyone thought it would be possible to do the same with Piazza? What do you think?
Someone said they also had the Spelling Bee score...
xxx

re: Favorite Dance Move from Musical
 Sep 2 2005, 06:15:26 PM
I really love the moves that accompany "My name... is Tracy...Turn...blad..." Always makes me smile.
And a lot of Glinda choreography in Popular is really quirky, funny, endearing and reminds me of Karen Walker from Will & Grace...
xxx

re: Composers on the Board...
 Aug 31 2005, 06:00:43 PM
I write musicals too - well, actually, I am writing one musical at the moment (together with Practically Perfect) - its good fun, but can be hard work when you're having writer's block... which, with me, is, like, all the time...
xxx

re: Most Romantic Broadway Lyrics
 Aug 31 2005, 03:53:53 PM
woops. double post.
re: Most Romantic Broadway Lyrics
 Aug 31 2005, 03:53:40 PM
"The reappearing, every now and then,
And then, the diving underneath,
The diving down and surfacing again.
I am suddenly alone,
I would sail across the world to know the harbor of your arms."

"The shock of winter, the coming on of spring,
That melting air,
The sun gone red, an empty bed,
A scent, a sound, a gesture trigerring;
'I am suddenly alone, I am suddenly alone.'
Knowing I will be alone til I can be alone with you.
That is what you do. You

re: Victoria Clark gets her Sardi's caricature
 Aug 25 2005, 12:33:57 PM
Aww, don't they all look pretty!
xxx

Tony Awards Tickets...?
 Aug 22 2005, 01:11:09 PM
Before anyone jumps down my throat and tells me to "do a search", I already did one and couldn't find any info...

What is the standard way to get hold of tickets to the Tony Awards? Do they go on sale on the official website? On here? Over the phone? Are they ultra-expensive? When do they sell out?
Any info would be great - I would love to go next year...
xxx

re: Frames for Playbills
 Aug 22 2005, 01:05:21 PM

thanks! what about over the internet? I am stuck here in London and all the standard frame sizes in the UK are completely wrong for playbills. anywhere I could get them on the net?

Frames for Playbills
 Aug 22 2005, 12:48:00 PM

Does anyone here frame their playbills? I know you can buy folders for them, but I was wondering if anyone knew where I could get plain, black frames for mine. (Like smaller versions of the ones they do for the posters...)
Any help?

re: Stories that SHOULD be made into a B-Way show
 Aug 18 2005, 12:28:48 PM
"Riding In Cars with Boys" should definitely be made into a braodway show...

re: Favorite Opening Numbers
 Aug 17 2005, 10:42:43 AM
I love the opening scene for Light In The Piazza (both 'Overture' & 'Statues and Stories') - When Clara first appears on stage amidst the bustling leaves against the backdrop of sky, singing her stunning, wordless melody... It's magical...
And then 'Statues and Stories' is a lovely, charming song that builds in intensity and sets the tone for the show beautifully.
xxx

re: LITP Vocal Score?
 Aug 17 2005, 10:30:41 AM
Yeah - there is something on amazon that suggests something 'paperback' may be released soon... But there is no picture so I cannot be sure.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/1559362677/qid=1124288961/sr=8-3/ref=pd_bbs_3/102-9166574-4148905?v=glance&s=books&n=507846

what do you think?
x

re: Celia Keenan-Bolger and Wayne Wilcox in Piazza
 Aug 14 2005, 12:15:22 PM
That was... interesting...
Thanks, but I think I'll stick with Kelli and Matthew...

xxx

Celia Keenan-Bolger and Wayne Wilcox in Piazza
 Aug 14 2005, 11:49:06 AM
Does anyone have any information on these two? Did they ever sing it in Lincoln Center or only at the world premiere? Did anyone hear them? I just find it hard to imagine anyone but Kelli and Matthew in these roles...
xxx

re: Spamalot Brochure
 Aug 14 2005, 09:36:34 AM
Hi.
The Spamalot brochure still has all the original cast pictures (as do the Wicked and Ave Q brochures - v v v annoying!) and Sweet Charity has a lovely souvenir brochure on sale.
xxx

re: Reviews - Sweet Charity, Hairspray, Wicked, Light in the Piazza, DRS, Q
 Aug 14 2005, 09:28:40 AM
Wow, Practically Perfect, it sounds like you had a really great time! Did you go alone...?

x

LITP Vocal Score?
 Aug 12 2005, 02:22:28 PM
I have heard that there are plans to release a Vocal Selections and a Vocal Score for The Light in The Piazza. Does anyone know if this is true and, if so, when it will be?
Thanks!
xxx

re: What Song from a Broadway Musical
 Aug 12 2005, 11:10:02 AM
Anything Clara sings from "The Light In The Piazza" is always stuck in my head.
Kelli O'Hara is incredible...
xxx

re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
 Jun 25 2005, 06:49:08 AM
I love the moment in "The Woman in White" - "A Gift For Living Well" at the end. Marian has just sent Walter back to London, everyone has cried a bit and run offstage and then Marian is left alone and belts out, "I close my eyes, and I still see his face!" That bit is awesome and gets me everytime.
xxx
The Woman in White rules...

re: Orchestra Pits
 May 25 2005, 01:37:31 AM
well, Mary, i tried, but they said that you can only play in the orchestra for Mary P if you are over 65 and smell of cardigans...
xxx

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You