pixeltracker

Theater Development Fund Member Rates

Theater Development Fund Member Rates

eman02
#1Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/2/17 at 3:54pm

So, I am a freelancer and qualify for a membership. They say never pay more then 47.

I've been looking to see Sunset Boulevard. They have 55 digital lottery and 40 at box office.

Does anyone know what one would expect if I signed up for Theater Development Fund for 35? Is a 47 dollar ticket from them better, worse, or the same as the two lotto options? Do they do less the 47 for a big show like sunset?

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#2Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/2/17 at 4:13pm

TDF is SO worth it. That said, there havent been many performances of Sunset up on TDF, so its hard to say. the seats they give are usually very very good, so dont worry about that. Broadway musicals are always $47, plays $42. Off broadway, ranges from like $25-$40. get the membership even if you dont use it for sunset!

10086sunset
#3Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/2/17 at 4:21pm

Wednesdays have been the only day of the week Sunset performances have been up.

Both 2pm and 8pm.

Like ethan231h mentioned, whether or not you use it for Sunset, the membership is really worth it.

JustAnotherNewYorker
#4Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/2/17 at 9:15pm

Wednesdays come up for Sunset. I was far left, third row mezz. Reasonable seats, and worth the $47

broadwaygirl10
#5Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/3/17 at 8:06am

eman42, also on the TDF website you can search for shows and it will tell you if it's ever up for TDF. But yeah, TDF memberships are great!!

eman02
#6Theater Development Fund Member Rates
Posted: 6/3/17 at 7:19pm

thanks for everyone's responses, i really appreciate it. it's good to know tdf memberships are great - unfortunately, i am only able to see 1 show in the forseeable future budget wise. so would i get a better ticket through tdf on wednesday, or via the digital lottery or standing lottery? trying to figure out based on the costs 40-55 if you get signifcantly better seats with one vs. others. 

Videos