News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for joytobroadway

Member Name: joytobroadway
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) - Rush Updates  Mar 27 2019, 09:49:39 AM

I rushed on Friday, March 15th, got to the box office at about 3 PM, and was able to get a full view orchestra ticket for $40! Doesn't seem to be a need to get to the box office early for rush tickets.

Be More Chill ticket for Tonight $40  Mar 15 2019, 06:22:57 PM
I have one Be More Chill ticket available for tonight. $40. Center orchestra row O. I will meet you in midtown to give it to you. Must pick it up before 7:15.

Text me if interested....7247772176.

Thanks!

Thursday Matinee  Mar 13 2019, 09:31:24 AM

Does anyone know if any matinees are happening this Thursday (3/14/19), Broadway or Off-Broadway, besides Phantom?

Thank you in advance!

Alice By Heart (PREVIEWS)  Feb 21 2019, 05:43:35 PM

I attended the Wednesday matinee yesterday and must say that I loved it! So much about it was absolutely fantastic that it made up for the few areas where changes could be made, if the creative team wanted. The music is fantastic! After each song, I told myself that one was my favorite. Hopefully there is a cast album release. The cast is so dedicated and really gave a top notch performance! Sets and costumes were well utilized and creative but not too the point where they took away from the

Alice By Heart (PREVIEWS)  Feb 21 2019, 05:43:32 PM

I attended the Wednesday matinee yesterday and must say that I loved it! So much about it was absolutely fantastic that it made up for the few areas where changes could be made, if the creative team wanted. The music is fantastic! After each song, I told myself that one was my favorite. Hopefully there is a cast album release. The cast is so dedicated and really gave a top notch performance! Sets and costumes were well utilized and creative but not too the point where they took away from the

Ferryman Rush  Feb 5 2019, 10:19:06 AM

I rushed on Saturday, January 26th. Did not get to the box office until about noon and was able to get a single ticket for the evening performance for $40. However, I would highly recommend avoiding the rush seats if they are to the far sides of the orchestra. The view was really bad, you miss almost half of what is going on. Luckily at the end of act one I was able to move to one of the standing room spots in the back which was a much much better view. It's a long show, but if you can ha

Waitress Rush Tickets  Jan 27 2019, 01:38:23 AM
The standing room spots were at the back of the orchestra, stage left. I believe there were only about 10 standing room spots total. The view was perfect! Didnt miss a thing, which I believe is an issue with some of the rush seats. I would highly recommend the standing room tickets if standing for 2.5 hours is something youre okay with.

Sara is a must see! Absolutely brings the house down when she sings She Used to Be Mine. During the matinee today, there was an extended applause for ab

Waitress Rush Tickets  Jan 26 2019, 12:25:04 PM
(1/26/19) I got to the box office today at about 9 AM to try for rush. The line was already down the block so I passed on waiting in line figuring that everything would be gone by the time I got to the front of the line. I went back at about 11:30 to see what other tickets they may have available. I was able to get the last Standing Room ticket for the matinee for $38!! I was/am shocked. I have no problems with standing, just hoping its a good view.
Need help deciding shows  Jan 16 2019, 03:33:08 PM

Rush The Band's Visit if you can. I rushed it 10 minutes before the show on a Thursday night and got a front row ticket for $40. The gentleman next to me spent over $200 on his ticket when he bought it the night of the Tony awards.

Mockingbird, Network, or Ferryman  Jan 2 2019, 04:19:26 PM

Hello!

I am visiting at the end of the month. I have three show slots, only one is filled thus far with Waitress (really want to see Sarah as Jenna!), and want to see one of the plays currently getting lots of buzz. May see two plays but definitely want to see at least one, so I wanted to see what the consensus is between The Ferryman, Network, or To Kill a Mockingbird - if you had to pick just one?

There is potential for a fourth slot if I can make it from the airport in time F

Will I Make It in Time?  Jan 1 2019, 03:42:03 PM

Hello and Happy New Year!

I am planning a trip for later this month. If my flight lands at JFK at 5:45 PM on a Friday, will I make it in time to see an 8 PM show in the theater district? I will be taking the train from the airport into the city and won't have any checked luggage causing a delay at the airport. I don't mind going straight to the theater from the airport before checking into the hotel. 

Thank you in advance for any help!

January Recommendations  Dec 17 2018, 09:23:02 AM

Good Morning!

I am coming to NYC the last weekend of January, primarily to see Sara Bareilles in Waitress, but I have two other show slots that I am looking to fill. Any recommendations or suggestions? Currently considering The Cher Show, The Ferryman, or To Kill a Mockingbird but am open to other thoughts. I am not good at following reviews so I am not always in the know of what's hot. The only things I've seen from this season so far are King Kong and The Prom. 

T

Times Square Pod Hotel  Dec 11 2018, 10:22:35 PM

Has anyone stayed at the Times Square Pod Hotel? If so, how is it? Nice enough for a weekend theatre trip in January?

Thank you in advance! 

Once on This Island Rush  Dec 10 2018, 11:51:10 PM

I tired to rush on Friday (12/7). I got to the box office at about about 11:30 AM. I was informed that rush tickets were gone already, but they still sold me two tickets for $59 a piece. Great seats! Great show! Worth every penny! 

Ideas for Displaying Playbills  Dec 10 2018, 04:05:22 PM

Hello! I am looking for a way to display my playbills in my home and was wondering if anyone was willing to share how they display theirs?

I would like to avoid individual frames because I like to periodically flip through them. I currently have them in a small basket, but I would like to find a way so I can display the covers of each. I really like this coffee table I found on Pinterest, but if anyone has other ideas, I would love to hear.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/231231762095582641/

Thanks!

Clueless Ticket for Sale  Dec 4 2018, 01:15:14 PM

You only have one? If you have two, I will take them!

Head Over Heels Rush  Nov 29 2018, 01:58:44 PM

Thanks!

When purchasing tickets through the Today Tix digital rush, do they still charge you the $12.50 per ticket fee?

What's next for the Circle In The Square?  Nov 27 2018, 07:37:58 PM

I would love to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat or even Children of Eden (though I could see this coming across too visually similar to Once on this Island).

I could also a limited run play coming in for the spring/early summer, and then something more substantial taking over in late summer.  

The prom rush  Nov 26 2018, 04:33:20 PM

Any rush reports from this past weekend? I am planning to rush on Friday, December 7th but probably won't get to the box office until about 9ish at the earliest. Think I have a chance still or should I plan to try for a different show?

Thank you!

Head Over Heels Rush  Nov 26 2018, 04:30:32 PM

Hello!

I know Head Over Heels does the digital rush through Today Tix, but does anyone know if they also do in person rush? I tried looking at the usual places for rush postings but could not find anything. I would like to avoid paying the extra Today Tix fees if possible by just visiting the box office instead.

I apologize if a board already exists for HOH rush. I looked but could not find anything. Thank you in advance for any help!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You