News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Bluejay2

Bluejay2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Bluejay2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Sondheim Songs
 Jan 30 2009, 06:18:21 AM
Having got into Sondheim lately I can suggest some of the songs that made me like him:
_ Everybody's got the right and Unworthy of your love from Assassins
_ Ever after, It takes two, and the ending of Into the woods
_ The ballad of Sweeney Todd (I like a lot the first and the last one), Epiphany, Little priest, Johanna (quartet), Not while I'm around from Sweeney Todd (as you can see from the number of songs Sweeney was the show that got me hooked to Sondheim)
_ Loving you from

re: Songs of woe and suffering - saddest Broadway songs
 Feb 15 2008, 05:56:35 AM
I know it's not one of the saddest song, but I'm moved from the death of Audrey from Little Shops of horrors, probably because I didn't expect it when I saw it
re: name a show no one knows
 Nov 5 2005, 12:58:02 PM
"There's an italian musical about the Flood (Bible), it was a big hit here in Mexico... Have you heard of it?"
Yup, I've seen it, well here in Italy was a huge hit, it's really funny. Over here there's also a production of Cannibal, I wonder how it will do.
well to name a show not really famous, I've seen a musical about the life of Valentino (the actor). It's lasted a couple of months and then it was cancelled.

re: Translation of 'Il Mondo Era Vuoto'?
 Sep 21 2005, 11:10:23 AM
If you send me or tell me where to find the lyric of this song I can translate it for you. The title means: " The world was empty"
re: The most catchy broadway song ever...
 Jul 1 2005, 10:33:02 AM
I would go with "Chitty chitty bang bang", I made the mistake to listen to it yesterday and now it's stuck in my head...
re: SADDEST song from a musical...
 Jun 15 2005, 04:44:34 AM
"Empty chairs at empty tables" (Les Miserables) and "Wishing you were somehoe here again" (POTO) are my favorite sad songs but also from little shop of horrors the song that Audrey sings at the end, I don't know the English title, maybe "Somewhere that's green" reprise
re: Defying Gravity special effect expained...ON VIDEO
 Jun 15 2005, 04:39:33 AM
Thanks for posting the link, it's a great video, finally I got a chance to see some clips...too bad in Italy this show will never come oh well, I'll just have to get to NY to see it :)
re: IN the Full Monty...
 Apr 12 2005, 03:46:46 AM
For Lilstardrop,yes it was a professional production, but that day everything that could possible go wrong went, the leading actor broke a leg that day, they called a former cast member that didn't know the part, so the poor guy acted with the script (but he did a good job), the sound was a bit of a mess and the public was of pretty old people sited in the first rows... yep, a very unlucky day for them, althought the show was enjoyable and very funny, unluckly in Italy they didn't make a cd with
re: IN the Full Monty...
 Apr 10 2005, 06:20:01 AM
I don't know if you're intrested but down in Italy the show ends exactly as you described it, the actors do the full monty but the lights prevent you from seeing anything...in theory the thing works...besides the second time I've watched it and the lights didn't turned on so for a bunch of seconds we got to see everything :-P and the poor actors turned all shades of red...
re: Rigoletto
 Apr 9 2005, 01:55:01 PM
Now I understand why I didn't find any similarities, Verdi's Rigoletto is the story of an hunkback (Rigoletto) who works in a palace, the duke of the palace has an affair with Rigoletto's daugther (Gilda). Rigoletto decides to kill the duke but Gilda decides to sacrifice herself to save the duke. It's totally different from the movie you were talking about. Maybe you know some of the opera music too, the most famous aria is "La donna è mobile"
re: Characters We Resemble: Does Art Imitate Life?
 Mar 31 2005, 02:45:13 PM
Well I'm Eponine, besides the part of the wicked family I'm just like her... the first time I listened to "On my own" I thought:"Gosh, that's me!" and from what I know about Avenue Q (I only listened to the cd) I think that I'm like Kate monster... I totally recognise myself into her songs...
re: Currently Listening to?
 Mar 31 2005, 02:32:11 PM
After a long day of college what's better that studing a little while listening to Avenue Q? Schaderfreude is so much fun!!!
re: Your One Song
 Mar 31 2005, 02:27:16 PM
well, right now I would say that "There's a fine fine line" is the song I love most...but "On my own" comes to a close second place...yup, lately I just keep listening to these songs...they're so beautiful
re: Rigoletto
 Mar 31 2005, 12:43:23 PM
Hello, can I ask you the story of Rigoletto's movie? because I know the opera very well but I don't think it's similar to the Phantom of the opera and I'm curious, thanks
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You