Betty Buckley sings Radiohead

wolfwriter2
#1Betty Buckley sings Radiohead
Posted: 9/24/16 at 12:28pm

Never thought I'd see those names in the same sentence, but last night at Joe's Pub, Betty Buckley performed her newest show called 'Story Songs'. It wasn't, at all, what I expected (although with Betty, it never really is).

Like most of her shows, it was a mix of pop, country, showtunes and jazz, except, this one had a bit more rock thrown in. Radiohead, Jerome Kern, Peter Gabriel, Rodgers & Hammerstein and Emmylou Harris. And, somehow for 90 minutes, Betty Buckley makes it work. A tad shaky at the outset, she warmed up and was in fine voice.

She mentioned doing Grey Gardens and her co-star, Rachel York was in the audience, but she made no mention of it coming to Broadway.

Always fun to see Ms. Buckley in such an intimate setting. I think she's appearing through Sunday night. Highly recommended.

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#2Betty Buckley sings Radiohead
Posted: 9/25/16 at 9:16am

Thanks for the report wolfwriter2!  I am looking forward to catching her Story Songs next Friday in Port Washington.  Brian Scott Lipton mentioned that she also does Another Life by Jason Robert Brown.  Curious to hear that one since it's one of my favorites.  Excited.

http://theaterpizzazz.com/betty-buckley-story-songs/

http://www.landmarkonmainstreet.org/event.cfm?id=334

Updated On: 9/26/16 at 09:16 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#3Betty Buckley sings Radiohead
Posted: 9/25/16 at 9:40am

I feel blessed to have been there last night. So many highlight, including her "September Song," "Chanson" from The Baker's Wife, and a wonderful song by the talented Joe Iconis called "Old Flame."

But seeing Betty Buckley in the autumn of her life making such beautiful music with such feeling and depth. 

If you can, go.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#4Betty Buckley sings Radiohead
Posted: 9/26/16 at 1:54am

Um, hello?  Are you guys going to leave us hanging?  Which Radiohead song(s) did she sing?  Please tell me it was "Idioteque".