News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for JustAGuy

JustAGuy Profile Photo
Member Name: JustAGuy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Actors Equity Drops Health Coverage For Older Actors
 Oct 29 2014, 12:56:30 PM
"you are just making crap up to argue with yourself at this point. I think it is clear to everyone else that no one will be disadvantaged by this modification, and that the only explanation for your position is to make things as difficult and expensive as possible notwithstanding the absence of any benefit-something that absolutely harms every single beneficiary under the trust. "

Feel free to feel, however you want about my opinion. But, I did not make up, the Trust Fund's statement

Oct 29 2014, 12:31:40 PM
"This is 100% false. They remain guaranteed to have access to health coverage."

Not false, they are no longer guaranteed to have the health coverage that they were supposedly vested in.

"You are trying to suggest that they have a right to the exact same coverage as currently in force in the trust: "

No, I'm suggesting that they were vested into the same coverage that everyone else has under the current Trust Fund plan, if that coverage changes for everyone then it w

Oct 29 2014, 11:36:48 AM
"And no, the reference to vesting is not dishonest just because you are misreading it. "

LOL seriously, so vested doesn't mean vested, because you say it doesn't mean vested, even though the term vested is used multiple times?

You can call it a tempest in a teapot, all you want. But the fact remains there are hundreds of people who will be losing the coverage that they were "vested" in through years of work.

And vested did mean that they were vested into a specif

Oct 29 2014, 10:59:46 AM
"It is illegal to preclude health coverage when you are out of state. This is precisely what the ACA addresses. Everything you say about out of state work is flat out wrong. "

That is simply not true. There are many health care plans that do not offer coverage out of state. A simple google search will reveal that.

"The Self-pay plan is not vested because by definition it is not an employer provided benefit. It was provided to those who had been vested in the plan as active em

Oct 29 2014, 10:11:01 AM
1. Where did you get the idea that working out of state somehow vitiates health coverage? Wrong.

Because it does, not all health plans are recognized outside of the state in which they are issued.

2. Where did you get the idea that working or not working has anything to do with this coverage? Obviously, if you work anywhere, for anyone, in or out of the business, and get employer provided health insurance, you would not continue to pay for your own coverage. But that

Oct 29 2014, 09:06:13 AM
It's not a positive thing for the actors who will not be able to take work out of state, because their Health Insurance won't follow them. It's not a positive thing to have to make a decision, whether to work, hoping to get insurance weeks or to not work and have insurance. It's not a positive thing, to be told that you're "vested" and then be told "just kidding".

The trustees have put hundreds of Equity Members in the position of having to decide, if it's worth the risk to try and

Oct 28 2014, 11:27:59 PM
So are we to assume that the only producers and their dependents who were added to the plan, were in their 20's 30's and part of the "neutral" population? I'd love to see a break down of the producer demographic.

You seem to be speaking with inside information on this? More so, than what the average Equity member has. You're not a councillor or a trustee by any chance, are you?

Oct 28 2014, 06:32:39 PM
"Justaguy-adding the producers has nothing to do with this, nor is there any reason to think producers are a high risk pool in any event. "

You can't claim you're attempting cost effectiveness...by cutting people from the plan on one side, while adding them on the other.

What's cost effective about adding the producers and their dependents to a plan that is supposedly in trouble??

"THere is no logical reason for the covered population to subsidize the self

Oct 28 2014, 05:17:05 PM
"This relatively small group was costing an extraordinary amount of money to an organization with negative cash flow. Keeping this policy in place could ultimately cause more drastic cuts and loss of enrollment. What other options does Equity League have?"

And yet...they added producers and their dependents to the plan. How can that be cost effective? Why add people who were never a part of the plan to begin with, while eliminating those who have been promised since joining the uni

Oct 28 2014, 02:17:51 PM
If this was supposed to be a cost cutting measure why did they allow producers and their dependents the ability to be covered, at the same time they were booting older actors, and stage managers.

The Equity Council Member's who sit on the Health Trust Fund, Board of Trustees should have their feet held to the fire over this. The decision to do this had to be a unanimous vote, which means that AEA members voted against the best interest of their fellow longtime equity members.

T

CATS broadway revival!!!
 Jun 27 2014, 02:41:13 PM
I worked on the B'way production of Cats for a good long while, up until it closed. The pirate ship for the Growltiger number was NEVER cut. It was always there. As a matter of fact I have a lovely picture on the entire cast, crew, box office folk, and ushers that was taken about a few weeks before the show closed, and given as a framed gift to everyone for closing. Everyone is standing on the pirate ship.
dear rob...
 Aug 25 2013, 01:21:45 PM
Thanks, Rob!! That's great news.
Dear Rob...
 Aug 21 2013, 07:30:39 PM
Wow..Craig...how great to see your reappearance! Hope that you come around more often.

I'm so looking forward to the ignore features return. Thanks, Rob!

Dear Rob...
 Aug 21 2013, 11:31:58 AM
It's a problem that could easily be solved by bringing back the "ignore user" option that the message boards once had. Why it was ever removed is a mystery.
RIP - Lena Horne
 May 10 2013, 11:29:45 PM
LOL...oops!

Oh well...she's worth remembering!

RIP - Lena Horne
 May 10 2013, 11:24:39 PM

I'LL EAT YOU LAST uninvites Tony voters
 Apr 30 2013, 07:44:36 PM
I just got a ticket for June 4th...I hope it was one that had been set aside for a Tony voter!

Or would that be cutting it too close?

Rocky to take the Winter Garden
 Apr 29 2013, 10:29:15 PM
Rocky without the iconic "Rocky Theme"....how is that even possible? Or have they gotten permission to interpolate it into the score?

NBC's SMASH, Season 2 --
 Mar 13 2013, 11:11:57 AM
I don't like it, but, I understand the use of auto-tune, I really do. But good grief can't they at least make the voices sound like they are coming from humans? The McPhee/Jordan duet in front of the Pepsi sign was, to me, painful. Like a bag of screeching cats...before they're tossed in the river.

A question about Times Square's history
 Apr 4 2012, 10:56:31 PM
This article from the NY TIMES has a brief history of the redevelopment.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You