News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYCisHome

NYCisHome Profile Photo
Member Name: NYCisHome
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wierdest thing you've ever done in public from a Broadway show
 Oct 2 2005, 02:51:08 PM
When someone says a lyric from a song, I have to finish it. Example..."Cold, cold, cold" I go, "Wuould you light my candle?" ANd other fan lines like that from RENT and other shows
re: woman in white recording- worth a buy?
 Oct 2 2005, 02:47:44 PM
Defintly worth it!
re: Who do you prefer Daphne Rubin-Vega or Rosario Dawson singing the songs
 Oct 2 2005, 02:45:42 PM
It's hard to choose. I really Like Daphene, but from what I've Rosario is amazing. I'm just going to have to wait for the movie to come out, then I'll tell you.
re: Who is your favorite orginal cast member of RENT?
 Jul 1 2005, 03:19:38 AM
As I never saw it with the OBC, I can't really say, but based off the Orginal Cast Album, I'll go with Anthony Rapp being my favorite.
re: musicals only you seem to dislike
 Jul 1 2005, 03:15:42 AM
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat
Sound of Music

On the RENT thing, remember that it really wasn't "finished" as Jonathon Larson died too soon. But I don't much care for the way they ended it either, even though I am still a HUGE renthead.

re: favourite song from a musical?
 Jun 28 2005, 03:23:05 PM
Oh, don't make me choose! At of this very moment I would have to say probablly "I'll Cover You" from RENT. However, this will most likely change VERY soon.
re: Phantom...It Just keeps getting worse... (Don't read if you're a fan)
 Jun 28 2005, 01:02:24 AM
Here's my two sence. I'm going try not to bash anyone. But if I ofend anyone, I aplogise before I start writing this.

Okay, for all of you who said the charachter of Raul basically stinks, it's because he does in the book too. I don't think this is ALW's fault or anything else's working on the show. Raul is just a stupid character and there is ntohing anyone can do about that.

Personally, I've heard from my friends that they musical is awsome on broadway. I have no idea, I've y

re: Sondheim facts
 May 19 2005, 09:21:15 PM
The random facts was for my knowlage and for amusements, not for the paper, just to let you know. I know not to site people for the information I put into an essay. I just want to know more.
re: Past Musical You Would Love to see a Revival of?
 May 19 2005, 09:07:05 PM
Um...I geuss I would go with...

Sunday in the Park with George and A Little Night Music beging my biggest. However, I REALLY want to see Tick, Tick..Boom again, so I'm hoping it tours near here again or something..

Sondheim facts
 May 19 2005, 08:58:55 PM
I'm doing an essay on him for an english progect andw as wondering if anyone knew and any great sites with information or just random fact you wish to thorw at me.

Anything about his childhood or at least how he got into music would be great.

re: Sondheim wrote Cabaret --- theatre geeks
 May 19 2005, 08:56:13 PM
I have a broadway book that has defintions for theature terms and such. Some are helpful some are stupid...for example...

Curtain: The cloth the seperates the audiance from behind the stage.

re: La Cage Vs Rent
 May 12 2005, 10:20:32 PM
I personally would go see RENT if I had to choose, just because I am a die hard RENThead. However, La Cage it slef is great too, I've just been told this version stinks.

Anyway, if you get a chance go see both!

re: Romantic Broadway songs
 Apr 25 2005, 07:28:04 PM
Some good ones are...
All I Ask of You - Phantom
I'll Cover You - Rent
As Long as Your Mine - Wicked
Love Don't Need a Reason and I Honestly Love you - Boy from OZ
Written in the Stars - Aidia
See Her Smile - Tick, tick...Boom
Fantasies come True - Avenue Q

re: What are you currently listening to?
 Apr 25 2005, 07:18:35 PM
"No More" -tick, tick....boom!

Howver, I plan on listening to "Bat Outa Hell" - Meat Loaf when this is over.

re: Yay ! Booked my tix for the shows I am seeing in London !!!
 Apr 18 2005, 07:28:14 PM
If you don't like Queen music I can how it could be bad. However, I thought it was a hysterical show. But then, I am a huge Queen fan too...
 Apr 18 2005, 07:10:43 PM
You should defintly be able to grab decent seats for WWRY. The line is defintly not as long, plus, if you need to there are plenty of other discounted stores all over the sqaure.

I bought the tickets for WWRY through TKTS, and though we didn't have great seats, they were not bad at all.

If you like Queen music, you'll love it. I promise. Plus, there's tons of funny jokes throughout the show.

re: Can Robert Goulet Save La Cage?
 Apr 18 2005, 06:43:20 PM
I still wish I could see it, even though I heard it really wasn't all that great. Hopefully, it'll stay around a little bit longer.
re: New tick, tick... BOOM! recording with Neil Patrick Harris?
 Apr 18 2005, 06:37:27 PM
Wait, Tick, tick...BOOM is coming to London?! WHY DIDN'T I KNOW! YAY!

Anyway... I assume there won't be one because it's not such a widly known show, however you never know. I geuss we'll just have to find out.

Ps. I'm going to go see somthing with some cast members from TTB in May. :) I have no idea what it is or anything, but it should be fun.

re: Wicked Fans Only!
 Apr 18 2005, 06:21:31 PM
I agree with whoever said popular isn't all that important too the story line. I'd go with...

The Wizard and I, Defying Gravity, No Good Deed, and For Good.

Personally, my favorite is As Long as Your Mine, but that also doesn't tell much story. Ah, oh well.

Apr 18 2005, 06:13:41 PM
I just came back from London last week! I was lucky enough to see Woman in White (amazing show. So great!) Mama Mia (again, good) and Mouse Trap (non-musical, it was still fun though). We had great seats for all three (5th row orcestra.)

I hope you have fun! You should love them!

Oh and if you get the chance to see We Will Rock You, go for it! It's usually on their TKTS.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You