News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DoTheDood

DoTheDood Profile Photo
Member Name: DoTheDood
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Avett Brothers’ SWEPT AWAY musical at Arena Stage  Apr 23 2024, 11:19:38 AM

OuttaTowner said: "My guess is, if they have the Booth, they may wait until after Akimbo closes this weekend."

Unless they close before August, which is when the LuPone/Farrow play The Roommate starts, I really don't see them taking the Booth 

Besides isn't Oh Mary rumored to squeeze in a transfer right after Kimberly Akimbo? I hope that is still happening

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 1 2024, 07:23:40 PM

(delete)

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 1 2024, 07:23:40 PM

(delete)

2024-2025 Touring Season  Mar 1 2024, 07:38:41 PM

(delete)

Off- Broadway Question  Dec 20 2023, 08:52:48 PM

It's not open for much longer, but I just saw Rachel Bloom's new show "Death Let Me Do My Show" last weekend and adored it. Cannot recommend it enough for anyone who misses Crazy Ex Girlfriend. I also saw she had an article in Playbill about it and said she hopes it transfers to Broadway at some point, which I would love

Poll: Best Broadway Cast Recording of 2023?  Dec 6 2023, 05:04:05 PM

Definitely odd to see Kimberly Akimbo in the graphic but not make the final poll (seemingly subbed out for Harmony)

Who could replace Josh Groban?  Oct 1 2023, 01:50:16 PM

pmensky said: "Jordan Catalano said: "My boy Bryan the BA is saying a California based rapper is going to be replacing Annaleigh, so if that holds true they decided to stay open past their original closing. I have no clue who that could be, though."

Janelle Monae?
"

Monáe is from Kansas City and their record studio is based in Atlanta, so as much as I am manifesting Monáe's stage debut, this doesn't seem it

Why so few play revivals this season  Sep 5 2023, 08:43:43 AM

bigbelterbaby said: "You forgot Roundabouts revival of “Home” by Samm Art-Williams, first on Broadway in 1979. Tony nominated for Best Play."

jkcohen626 noticed this in the "2023-2024 Broadway Season" thread, but since Roundabout announced Home to start performances in May, it would then be a part of the 2024/25 season

2023-2024 Broadway Season  Jul 27 2023, 02:00:46 PM

gibsons2 said: "Does anyone know when Roundabout single tickets go on sale for the fall shows?"

Roundabout has August 2nd as when single tickets go on sale

The Who's Tommy @ The Goodman  Jun 15 2023, 11:40:40 AM

MidWestTheater said: "They actually have set up a pinball arcade in the lobby that you can play, with apparently a custom pinball machine for this production."

https://twitter.com/Cassie_Temple/status/1668997036098584584?t=k88vCd6NPFfJIxdaUPIcyA&s=19

Such a cute idea, love that!

Also can anyone snag a pic of the merch if they get a chance? Even if it's the standard key art (which looks really cool imo), I would love to know

Grey House Rush Experience  Jun 3 2023, 11:57:00 PM

I got a tix for the June 3rd evening showing. Got to the box office around 10:50am. My seat was Orch 106 AA, dead middle (which technically was full view. The person at the box office mentioned it I got a pair, my seats would have been obstructed, I'm assuming side Orch)

Outside of not being able to see into the doorway leading to outside and what's on the floor exactly, my view was very clear. I didn't feel like I missed anything really

I'll be honest, I

Rush/SRO Ticket Resources  May 16 2023, 09:12:37 AM

I think one of the more recent websites that keep up to date with rush is https://bwayrush.com/. I haven't used it yet, but will the next time I rush this summer, a lot of great info there.

The boards can also be used to find threads from people who have rushed already, where seats tend to be located, what time to show up at the box office, etc. The search function tends to be fine if you look up "[show] rush" and if one thread been dormant for awhile, you can bump it

2023-2024 Touring Season  Mar 22 2023, 07:14:14 AM

Phillyguy said: "perfectpenguin said: "Did Philly announce today? Or am I just not seeing it?"

Nope. Nothing yet. Website still says 3/20.
"

Can you point out where on the website it says that? The Kimmel Center doesn't really lay out this information that clearly

Stars in shows for 2023-2024  Mar 3 2023, 06:41:31 PM

Danny DeVito had a reading of a new play last summer that he said should be coming to New York sometime this year

TOPDOG/UNDERDOG Previews  Jan 12 2023, 09:12:18 PM

I rushed last Saturday for the matinee. Showed up slightly after 11am, got a seat in the middle orchestra, third row. Amazing seats, especially for no wait

Kimberly Akimbo Rush  Jan 8 2023, 12:25:49 AM

I just rushed last afternoon for the Saturday evening performance. Got to the box office around 12:30pm and snagged the last rush seat, mezz D18

What is the highlight of your theatre going experiences?  Sep 14 2022, 11:13:14 AM

I can't think anything that will ever top my experience at the recent Little Shop revival. I had seen it twice before and loved it, but I was able to talk some friends into seeing it again with them. My previous seats were the far back sides, which were fine, but thank you that discount code that was passing around, we got front row seats for the same price. A no brainer.

The performance was electric, being so close to McClure, the Urchins, and the one and only, Christian Borle

Is this a first for Sondheim?  Jul 8 2022, 08:51:32 PM

Jarethan said: "The original production of Follies and Company overlapped for awhile... Too lazy to do it, but I’ll bet someone could find a time where there were even 3 simultaneously running shows…probably not 4, though."

3 overlapping shows has almost happened maybe twice, funnily enough with the original productions of Follies and Company. The 72' revival of Funny Thing... opened shortly after Follies closed.  The most recent close

Is this a first for Sondheim?  Jul 8 2022, 01:28:43 PM

I was wondering this too once Broadway was coming back (as there were rumors of Assassins transfering) so I made this Google Sheet, and it has infact happened a number of times. The first (counting collaborative shows) were his first two, Gypsy opening before West Side Story went on tour, but his first solo works also ran congruently! Funny Thing... was still going on when Anyone Can Whistle flopped.

(This was not been updated since Company re-opened and does not include off-Broadway/special events. The long timeline also limits if two shows open the same month but don't overlap, eg the 89' Sweeney Todd revival opening a few weeks after Into The Woods closed. Apologies for any inaccuracies)

Google Sheet of the chart

BEETLEJUICE Will Re-Open In Spring 2022  Apr 10 2022, 04:03:41 PM

Any news on a rush policy? They announced a digital lottery, but that seems about it. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You