News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jessryn

Member Name: Jessryn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

COVID performance cancellations
 Dec 14 2021, 08:55:31 PM

Sutton Ross said: 
"Great point. The anger they are going to receive over the Winter if they have to cancel even one show will be highly likely and very ugly."

Especially since for me (like many I assume) this is the one ticket I have left from pre-Covid since The Music Man never canceled, just postponed. It is certainly the only reason I am making this trip to New York in January. But I understand that things happen.

Coronavirus: The Spring Season Scene Stealer
 Feb 26 2020, 09:37:32 PM

I had the same sort of thinking in booking a hotel for my April trip. I was booked for a so-so hotel, and decided to switch to more of a luxury hotel. If something happens and I get quarantined in my hotel room while there, I’d rather be somewhere a bit nicer!"

And I had just canceled my luxury hotel and committed to my much cheaper hotel (but one I know and like) for April when we start to really hear the US concerns.

Bedwetter musical
 Nov 20 2019, 07:27:43 PM
I'm also interested in this show and I'm keeping an eye out for when individual tickets go on sale, since it opens during my trip to New York.
What's next for HERCULES?
 Sep 3 2019, 06:40:08 PM
Hercules was on the Muny audience survey this summer in St. Louis. Back when they were putting together Newsies Disney Theatrical asked the Muny to put it on the survey to see if there was any interest in the show (Newsies won the fan survey).
Next projects by successful musical writers?
 Aug 20 2019, 05:00:30 PM

little_sally said: "Isn't Jeanine Tesori also writing an opera of Lincoln in Bardo?"

According to the article I found Tesori is composing the opera Grounded and the other female composer the Met commissioned, Missy Mazzoli, is working on Lincoln in the Bardo.

Has anyone recognized actors anywhere but a show?
 Aug 2 2019, 03:44:56 PM
When I was heading back to my seat from the accessible restroom at Hadestown there was a man blocking the path talking with his friend. I politely asked to go by and they moved to the side. And that's when I saw that one of them was Taye Diggs. I'm not from New York but I kept it New York cool on the outside, however I was St. Louis not cool on the inside.
Favorite Short Lived Musicals?
 Jul 23 2019, 04:37:38 PM
Great Comet, Bright Star, Bandstand
Shuffle Along - What happened?
 Jun 19 2019, 03:36:18 PM
I was supposed to see it in early previews but I believe the show I was going to see was one of the first of the run of cancelled previews. Sounds like I may have lucked out if the show was still a mess at that point.
Hillary and Clinton Vs. Constitution
 Jun 13 2019, 11:41:41 PM

I saw both on my recent trip to New York and I agree with the consensus here that Constitution is the way to go. I enjoyed Hillary and Clinton, particularly the acting, but Constitution is so very powerful and out of the ordinary. It just can't be missed.

Accessible Restroom at Walter Kerr
 Jun 10 2019, 06:58:52 PM
I just said that I had trouble with stairs and asked if they had an accessible bathroom and they pointed me to it, so I think it should be no problem.
So is it okay for audience members to sing along during musicals?
 May 16 2019, 04:26:27 PM
No. It is letting your enjoyment take precedence over the enjoyment of everyone else around you.

I was seeing Dreamgirls at The Muny in St. Louis, which is a unique situation because it is a large outdoor theater but it is still a theater. And Jennifer Holliday was reprising the role of Effie White for the last time. And while she was probably too old to be playing Effie still, man could she sing. But the woman next to me sung along the WHOLE time, dampening my enjoyment of watching th

What we are seeing on Broadway in 2019
 May 5 2019, 06:17:24 PM
I'll be in New York in June and have plans to see:

Octet
Be More Chill
Tootsie
Hadestown
What The Constitution Means to Me
Hillary and Clinton

I may try to add The Prom if my flight gets in early enough.

OCTET at Signature Theatre
 May 2 2019, 12:33:41 PM

^ No instruments. And technically acapella, but not like Pitch Perfect or In Transit - Malloy defines it as a "Chamber Choir musical""

So they are not attempting to mimic or replace the sounds of instruments like a Pitch Perfect or In Transit. 

I'm looking forward to attending in June. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You