News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thoroughlymodernbilly

Member Name: thoroughlymodernbilly
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sweeney Todd Rush
 Mar 15 2024, 03:02:28 PM

Has anyone tried this recently? Curious how early people show up on weekends, whether they still only sell a few rush seats (if any at all), etc.

I keep striking out on lotto, and wondering whether it's even worth attempting rush or if I should just bite the bullet and buy full price. 

Thank you! 

Full casting announced for GOOD NIGHT, OSCAR
 May 10 2023, 01:47:04 PM

Any recent rush reports post-reviews and Tony noms? Considering rushing this weekend, and wondering whether I can walk right up to the box office at 10 am or If I need to get in line earlier. 

I've entered the lotto a few times a week for the past month, but no luck yet! 

Parade Rush
 May 1 2023, 11:59:30 AM

I rushed this past Saturday. Arrived at 8:40 am and was roughly 25th in line. By the time the box office opened at 10 am, there were at least another 20-25 more people behind me. 

When I got up to the window, I was told they were all sold out of the $45 seats, but still had full view in the mezzanine for $79 and full view in the orchestra for $99. I sprang for the latter, and got Orch Row G, Seat 107 for the 8 pm performance. Perfect view and incredible show, so it was well worth it! 

Also, I overheard the box-office attendant say they only had single seats available at that point. So if you're looking to buy two tickets together, I'd recommend trying to get there earlier. 

Here's another thread of "Parade" rush experiences for reference, too. Hope this all helps!

https://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.php?thread=1155839 

NEW YORK, NEW YORK On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Apr 23 2023, 08:17:20 PM

Just chiming in with my rush experience from today. I was the first to arrive at 9 am. The next person got in line around 10:15/10:30, and there were about 25-30 people waiting by the time the box office opened at noon. It was rainy for much of the morning, which may have deterred some folks. 

I got front row orchestra on the left, seats A5 and A7. We were told they were partial view, but had no sightline issues for most of the show. Very obstructed view during the final

SHUCKED On Broadway - P/reviews & News Thread
 Mar 10 2023, 05:03:17 PM

I was at the first preview Wednesday and had a really fun night! The book is already in excellent shape, and I can only imagine it’ll just get tighter in the days and weeks to come. As others have noted, it’s very pun- and innuendo-heavy, and it truly is a laugh a minute. Kevin Cahoon and Grey Henson particularly shine with their delivery, and I’d love to see Tony nominations for both.

That said, I was a bit lukewarm on the score. The opening number is hilarious,

Broadway Discounts
 Mar 7 2023, 04:16:59 PM

Aside from the $31 tickets that are basically sold out at this point, has anyone seen any discounts for PRIMA FACIE yet? 

And apologies if I missed an earlier post -- I scrolled through the last few pages of this thread and the show thread, but didn't see any! 

LEOPOLDSDTADT Rush?
 Mar 3 2023, 08:08:34 AM

Has anyone rushed this recently on a weekend? I’m wondering if I should be fine showing up at 8 am on a Saturday, or if I should shoot for even earlier. Thanks! 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 12/11/22
 Dec 13 2022, 03:31:10 PM

Man, seems like the producers of "Take Me Out" really overestimated how much interest there'd be in bringing it back. The numbers ever since it reopened have been pretty abysmal -- I wonder if they'll even bother riding it out until February.

I really enjoyed the production and feel bad that the cast has been playing to half-empty houses week after week, particularly after the highs of the Tony wins. The Jesses have seemingly been everywhere promoting it, too.&nbs

SOME LIKE IT HOT - Rush
 Dec 6 2022, 04:14:24 PM

I won the lottery for tomorrow night and seats are first row of the balcony. It kind of made me wish that I just waited to do the in-person rush (maybe the box office would’ve given me a couple closer seat options?). But oh well, looking forward to it regardless! 

Selling tonight -- 1 'Leopoldstadt' ticket
 Nov 26 2022, 12:33:18 PM

Hi! 

I won a lottery ticket to the 8 pm performance of "Leopoldstadt" tonight (11/26) that I can sadly no longer use. I bought the ticket for $42, but happy to sell for as low as $20 or $25. 

Feel free to DM me if you're interested, and I can email you the PDF. Thanks! 

Discounts for Yiddish Fiddler
 Nov 23 2022, 09:44:46 AM

Hi! Has anyone seen any discounts pop up for this yet? Cheapest I've been able to find is $77 on TodayTix, which I'm likely willing to do. (I saw this production a few years ago and thought it was phenomenal.) But all the dates I've searched on Telecharge are not selling well, so I'm surprised they haven't released any codes or rush/lottery info ... 

Into The Woods casting updates
 Aug 18 2022, 10:51:13 AM

TaffyDavenport said: "It's not an error. There's a whole list of cast absences on the show's main SeatGeek page:

The role of the Baker’s Wife will not be played by Stephanie J. Block for the Saturday, October 1, 2 p.m. and 8 p.m. performances.

The role of the Witch will not be played by Patina Miller at the following performances: Thursday, August 11, 7 p.m.; Wednesday, August 24, 2 p.m.; Wednesday, August 31, 2 p.m.; Sunday, September 11, 3 p.

Into The Woods casting updates
 Aug 18 2022, 10:33:35 AM

How accurate is SeatGeek typically with its "casting alerts?" For the weekend of Sept. 9, it shows Patina playing all performances on Friday and Saturday, but then Montego playing the Sunday matinee on Sept. 11? I'm just curious if that's a site error or if Patina has already announced an absence that day. 

Rush Tickets
 Aug 6 2022, 12:14:41 PM

Has anyone rushed this past week now that Julie’s taken over? Is there still a line, or can you essentially show up when the box office opens and still get a ticket? 

Music Man Rush Line.
 Aug 3 2022, 10:39:30 AM

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to share my rush experience from today (Wednesday, Aug. 3). I got to the theater at 6:10 am and there were eight people ahead of me. The first person showed up at 4 am and the people before me arrived at 5:30 am.

By 8 am, there were roughly 25 people behind me, and by 9:15 am, the line was wrapped around the block. I would estimate there were at least 50 people by the time the box office opened, although I have no idea how many actually wound up gettin

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Jul 23 2022, 07:38:53 PM

Not to be completely insufferable, but I saw Mary Kate today: She’s not good, she’s not bad, she’s just nice. Granted, to my knowledge, she’s only had a few performances under her belt as the Baker’s Wife, but she really does fade to the background as others have said. I really missed Sara’s warmth and humor today, particularly where they “buy” Milky White with the beans. Mary Kate rushes through many of the jokes and didn’t get nearly as

OFFICIAL: INTO THE WOODS Broadway Revival to Open at the St. James Theatre, Performances Begin June 28, 2022
 May 26 2022, 01:47:04 PM

Mickey3309 said: "Has anyone had to use/had any luck with the "sell" feature on SeatGeek? I acted too quickly and purchased tickets for a date that doesn't actually work. Even though the site says you can sell your tickets, I'm not seeing a "sell" button when I pull up these tickets in my account. Maybe the option will show up later? Anyway, if anyone happens to be looking for 2 tickets on Thurs Aug 4 @ 7pm (row L, seats 114-115 - center orchestra on the A

Encores: Into the Woods to Transfer to the St. James for limited run this summer?
 May 12 2022, 05:50:32 PM

Anyone know whether Denee would be transferring to Broadway with this? I had heard the only reason she was even able to do Encores was because “Gilded Age” is currently filming in Rhode Island, for scenes that don’t involve her character. Given that she has a fairly sizable role in the series, I can’t imagine HBO would be able to work around another two months of her not shooting? 

I thought her Cinderella was lovely, so I hope they can make the

The Prom Rush vs TDF
 Jun 26 2019, 12:04:59 PM

I tried this morning after missing out on "What the Constitution" rush. Got to the theater around 10:15 am and there were still 25-30 people in front of me. Guy about 10 spots ahead of me was told they had sold out of Wednesday evening rush. I also overheard someone who got matinee rush say they were balcony seats, and he was about 15-20 people ahead of me. A lot of people stuck around to buy full-priced tickets, although I'll personally just try to get there a few hours earlier

Rush for What the Constitution Means to me?
 Jun 26 2019, 11:43:41 AM

Figured I'd give a rush update here! I got to the box office this morning around 9:40 am and there were about 12-15 people in front of me. The woman two spots ahead of me in line was told they'd sold out of rush for the Wednesday evening show, which is the only one I could've made, although it seemed as if they still had availability for the matinee. 

So I'd say to be safe on a double-show day, it's probably best to try and get there no later than 9 am, ma

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You