News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Danasi

Member Name: Danasi
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Balcony experience at Merrily?
 May 6 2024, 11:09:19 AM

My seat was Balcony L, row C, seat 1. I was very pleased with it, especially given the prices of other seats.  I couldn't see all of the band from what I remember but everything else was good.  This seat was on the aisle too (but note that the stairs are steep).  I'm sitting there again when I go back to see it this summer

ILLINOISE Reviews
 Apr 25 2024, 09:05:59 PM

ElephantLoveMedley said: "Hate to be that person, but just curious how sightlines are for this production at the St. James. Eagerly excited for this next month, and I have tickets in the front mezz. Will I be fine up there or should I spring to upgrade to the orchestra?"

I had row J in the mezz, on the left side, and I thought it was a great seat to see everything on stage (just narrow, but my seat mates and I worked it out).  Granted, the aisle was in front of

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24
 Apr 24 2024, 02:17:32 PM

TotallyEffed said: "Five minutes to 2 and the line to get into the St. James is obscenely long."

The doors definitely didn't open at 1 like the email said. I was there right before 1:30 and the line was long then too - past the Hayes Theatre (we were all confused which line was for which show). But it moved pretty well a little after 1:30

The usher near me just told someone there was a longer line for picking up tickets than usual, since it&#

The Official TDF Thread
 Apr 9 2024, 02:18:46 PM

Merrily We Roll Along without Groff is up for the 4/17 matinee.

A couple other shows I haven't seen on there too often are up too - Doubt for the 4/10 evening show, Water for Elephants for 4/10 and 4/11, Kimberly Akimbo for most of the shows this week 

The Official TDF Thread
 Mar 25 2024, 10:21:39 AM

forfivemoreminutes said: "Does TDF ever give out partial view seats?"

I had one for Hello Dolly (with Bernadette Peters).  My seat was pretty far to the left in the orchestra, and I couldn't see part of that side of the stage - for instance, during the dinner scene I could see Dolly's table but not the one with the younger characters.  But that wasn't TDF's fault necessarily - I looked later and the production had that seat listed for a pret

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24
 Mar 20 2024, 10:08:18 PM

ACL2006 said: "interesting to note that they'll only be doing 7 shows per week. Their typical schedule is Mon-Sat evenings and only a Saturday matinee."

That is interesting, I guess it's to give the dancers more time to recover compared to an 8 week show?

They do have some random Weds matinee too  (April 24, May 1, Jul 3, Aug 7). I'll be going to the first show. The comments on here have me intrigued

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd'
 Mar 11 2024, 12:24:49 PM

Plexsis said: "Are you able to hear the lighting guys whisper from the side orchestra or is that just a mezz/balcony phenomenon?"

I was in Orchestra right row L seat 18 (on the side aisle) and I didn't notice any whispering 

"The Hello Girls" at 59E59 Theatre
 Mar 11 2024, 12:20:32 PM

thanks for posting that! I saw it back in 2018, but would be happy to get to see it again

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS
 Feb 27 2024, 11:10:05 AM

on the off chance is there anything for "An Enemy of the People"?  I checked the past few pages and didn't see anything 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’
 Jan 31 2024, 09:23:45 PM

I'd posted this in the other Sweeney Todd thread, but I thought he did a great job as Toby!  I had no idea it was his first show when I saw it this afternoon (didn't know until I was on this site this evening)

The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 31 2024, 07:47:20 PM

This afternoon I had Orchestra right, row L seat 18 for Sweeney Todd. On the far aisle, but no complaints at all as I was able to see everything

Edit to add - this was the first time I've ever been asked to show my ID when picking up tickets

Groban & Ashford in SWEENEY TODD On Broadway
 Jan 31 2024, 07:40:23 PM

I agree, I thought he did a great job as Toby! I had no idea it was his first performance this afternoon until I saw it here. But it explains all the photographers who rushed down the aisle during the curtain call. I thought there might be a speech or something to explain why they were there since I hadn't seen that at a show before

Funniest Lyrics
 Jan 20 2024, 12:47:25 PM

I feel like Mme. Thenardier always gets a laugh with her line in "Master of the House", where she notes her husband "thinks he's quite a lover, but there's not much there..."

I grew up listening to the 10th anniversary concert of Les Mis so I'm especially partial to her delivery of the line in that version

BC/EFA Fall 2023 Collections
 Nov 3 2023, 08:09:51 PM

Shucked has signed posters, I believe for $100

The Official TDF Thread
 Oct 13 2023, 10:02:18 PM

Harmony is up for Thurs, 10/19 and Fri, 10/20.

Audience Rewards ticket locations
 Sep 8 2023, 09:03:14 AM

jagman1062 said: "Danasi, you may just want to call AR directly and speak with an agent. Responses to your questions might differ based on the show you want to see. Recently, Purlie Victorious had different redemption options and they specified the section seats were located (e.g., orch, mezz). At least if you speak with an agent, you get info directly from the source and make informed decisions.

(866) 313-9635

Mo

Audience Rewards ticket locations
 Sep 7 2023, 09:56:49 PM

Does anyone know if there's a difference in the seats that are just points redeemed versus points + cash?

Also, is there a difference in seats if there's two prices listed? For example, "The Cottage" has seats listed for 500 points+$60 and 500 points+$66, then 5,500 points and 6,000 points. Am I right to assume the higher cost/point seats are a bit better?

Sorry if this is an obvious question. I haven't gotten an Audien Reward ticket before,  t

THE SHARK IS BROKEN Reviews
 Aug 15 2023, 03:52:48 PM

anonanimal1218 said: "Thank you!

TaffyDavenport said: "All of the action takes place between the 2 lines, so, while you might not be able to see the whole boat from every seat in the theatre, the actors should never be outside of anyone's view, regardless of how far over they're seated.

"

"

Taffy's picture does a good job of showing the stage, and I agree.  I was in Orch Right, row O, seat 6 when I saw it.  Not the farthest seats but pretty far to the side. I had no issues and the people to the right side didn't say they had any

Aug 6 2023, 08:00:08 PM

Zorro the Musical  I saw it in London on the West End and loved it (Lesli Margherita stole the show). It closed before I had a chance to see it again.

I kept hoping that it would transfer to Broadway, or do the tour their website said was coming up in the future. But nothing. I think a version played at a community theatre in Salt Lake, and in Paris. As more time passes I figure it's less and less likely it'll happen

The Official TDF Thread
 Aug 3 2023, 11:11:27 AM

Orchestra right, row O seat 6 for The Shark is Broken yesterday

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You