News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall

KevinKlawitter
#1Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 9:28am

Performances will be held on weekends from late January to early August. He also announced on Twitter that Ryan Reynolds will be joining him for at least one of the performances.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#2Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 9:47am

Can he sell out Radio City 12 times? Jeez.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#3Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 9:58am

Definitely, if he does the show dressed as Wolverine. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 10:08am

KevinKlawitter said: "Performances will be held on weekends from late January to early August. He also announcedon Twitterthat Ryan Reynolds will be joining him for at least one of the performances."

Odd schedule. Two dates in January, April, May, June, July and August each. He'll probably sell them out. I'd expect guess stars for each of the performances. I'd bet Sutton Foster is one of them.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#5Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 10:19am

Last time he had a concert style residency on Broadway was back in fall 2011 and I recall that was sold out/standing room only. 

jo
#6Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 10:20am

ACL2006 said: "KevinKlawitter said: "Performances will be held on weekends from late January to early August. He also announcedon Twitterthat Ryan Reynolds will be joining him for at least one of the performances."

Odd schedule. Two dates in January, April, May, June, July and August each. He'll probably sell them out. I'd expect guess stars for each of the performances. I'd bet Sutton Foster is one of them.
"

He's filming a new movie with Jodie Comer called The Death of Robin Hood starting February 2025, directed by Michael Sarnoski, presumably in England. It will be an action-drama movie -- a retelling of the last battles of RobinHood and his mysterious healing period that could spell his last days on earth. There is an old English legend on his final days.

jo
#7Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 10:27am

He was on a 90-show world tour in 2019 ( The Man The Music The Show) across Europe/USA/Australia/NewZealand/Mexico&One city in Canada. If I recall right it will be the same producer for this forthcoming show. Also, reports say he sold out 6 shows at the O2 in London/ 3 shows at MSGarden & 2 shows at Hollywood Bowl. Can't recall the total number of tickets sold -- but not too far off from about a million tickets?  

It was a mix of many reprises from his stage shows & movie musicals...plus some special music favorites. 

Updated On: 10/9/24 at 10:27 AM

Lisalemann
#8Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 10:43am

Wick3 said: "Last time he had a concert style residency on Broadway was back in fall 2011 and I recall that was sold out/standing room only.

I went to one of those shows in 2011 - took my mom - it was incredible and well worth the money!  I wish I knew how much these are going to be - but I don't care - I know I will go :)
"

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#9Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 11:32am

Great news.  Saw his 1 man show in San Francisco in May 2011, and saw it again later that year in November in NYC.  Loved it.  

Two years later he brought the show to The Kodak Theatre in Hollywood for 1 performance.  Saw it again, as well as seeing his world tour at The Hollywood Bowl in July 2019.  

Will definitely see him again at Radio City!

Updated On: 10/9/24 at 11:32 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#10Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 11:38am

jo said: "He's filming a new movie with Jodie Comer called The Death of Robin Hood starting February 2025, directed by Michael Sarnoski, presumably in England. It will be an action-drama movie -- a retelling of the last battles of RobinHood and his mysterious healing period that could spell his last days on earth. There is an old English legend on his final days."

So another stab at this?

(I do love Comer, Sarnoski, and sometimes Jackman, so I'll be there)

jo
#11Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 12:05pm

There could be some similarities as it focuses on an aging RobinHood -- but the woman played by Jodie Comer is not Maid Marian. I had a chance to read the first draft of the screenplay and the movies is part action - his fierce last battles...and part drama- the healing needed after that. This is where he meets the mysterious healer played by Jodie Comer -- and presumably this is where the drama of the unusual relationship unfolds.

This is likely why 2 strong actors like Jackman & Comer ( both theatre thespians) are cast. This was a hotly contested property bid at the recent Cannes filmfest...and film rights went to A24.

A copy of the famous art illustration of the legend of his death is shown on the script.

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#12Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 12:38pm

^ This just made me more excited about it...thanks!

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#13Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 1:42pm

Lisalemann said: "Wick3 said: "Last time he had a concert style residency on Broadway was back in fall 2011 and I recall that was sold out/standing room only.

I went to one of those shows in 2011 - took my mom - it was incredible and well worth the money! I wish I knew how much these are going to be - but I don't care - I know I will go :)
"

I plan to go as well! I'll most likely go in the summer 2025.

Highland Guy Profile Photo
Highland Guy
#14Hugh Jackman to hold 12-performance concert series at Radio City Music Hall
Posted: 10/9/24 at 3:34pm

TotallyEffed said: "Can he sell out Radio City 12 times? Jeez."

Of course he can.  We're talking Hugh Jackman !!  Why do you even ask?  Jeez.

Non sibi sed patriae

Videos