News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jagman1062

jagman1062 Profile Photo
Member Name: jagman1062
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PRAYER FOR THE FRENCH REPUBLIC Previews  Dec 18 2023, 11:36:56 AM

jkcohen626 said: "Going tomorrow night. Still one off my favorite things I saw last year and feels unbelievably well timed right now. It will definitley be jumping to the top of my recommendation list. I'm curious to see if any changes have been made from Off-Broadway and how the new cast members are."

I look forward to your feedback. I missed the show off-Broadway, much to my disappointment, and my ticket for this production is for late January. "Prayer&quo

People Who Won Tonys for the Wrong Projects  Dec 11 2023, 02:47:46 PM

Musicaldudepeter said: "Merman didn't win for AGYG - she won for Call Me Madam.

The Tonys really didn't warm to Gypsy originally. It lost best musical and best actress to Sound of Music.
"

"Gypsy" actually  lost to "The Sound of Music" AND "Fiorello!" as both those shows tied for Best Musical that season.

People Who Won Tonys for the Wrong Projects  Dec 11 2023, 01:25:41 PM

I was perplexed by Christine Ebersole's Best Actress/Musical Tony in 2001 for "42nd St.". I thought Marla Schaffel gave a much better performance in "Jane Eyre," and I really thought Ebersole's role was more in line with the featured actress category. Ebersole was much more deserving of her win for "Grey Gardens," although Audra's work in "110 in the Shade" that same season was equally deserving.

Lindsay Mendez in Merrily We Roll Along  Nov 30 2023, 11:46:33 PM

Lindsay performed in the show tonight, so hopefully, her situation is resolved and she is back to her regular performance schedule.

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE at Circle in the Square, February '24  Nov 14 2023, 01:53:15 PM

gibsons2 said: "jagman1062 said: "Melissa25 said: "I signed up the show,s website and they sent me an email. I sat in the queue for about 3 minutes. I will attach link and hopefully will work for you.

https://www.telechargeoffers.com/Broadway/An-Enemy-of-the-People/Ticket?&aid=bwy001427200&utm_source=presale&utm_campaign=an-enemy-of-the-peopless&utm_medium=email&utm_id=bwy001427200
"

I also signed up on the website for info when it became available, but I didn't receive anything. What promo code did you use at TelechargeOffers?
"

EPFP1114
"

Thanks so much! A half hour after I purchased my ticket with this code, I got the email from the production with pre-sale info. 

AN ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE at Circle in the Square, February '24  Nov 14 2023, 01:17:46 PM

Melissa25 said: "I signed up the show,s website and they sent me an email. I sat in the queue for about 3 minutes. I will attach link and hopefully will work for you.

https://www.telechargeoffers.com/Broadway/An-Enemy-of-the-People/Ticket?&aid=bwy001427200&utm_source=presale&utm_campaign=an-enemy-of-the-peopless&utm_medium=email&utm_id=bwy001427200
"

I also signed up on the website for info when it became available, but I didn't receive anything. What promo code did you use at TelechargeOffers?

I Need That Seating Advice  Nov 14 2023, 12:05:11 PM

I only sat in boxes twice - once for "A Catered Affair" at the Kerr and another time for "One Man, Two Guvnors" at the Music Box. At the Kerr, I was seated stage right. I had a great view of the stage and I didn't feel too close. At the Music Box, I was seated stage left. I had a decent view of the stage, but I felt I had a more birds-eye view of the performance because I was so close to it. Keep in mind that you will not likely view much on the side of the stage

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chicago  Nov 13 2023, 10:48:50 AM

WestEndGal said: "Here’s Jasmine Amy Rogers performing “Where I Wanna Be” and “Something to Shout About” (apologies if already posted - the other performance link wouldn’t work for me so not sure what performance it was!)

From the “Where I Wanna Be” vid, which is a really fun catchy song, Jasmine seems to be perfect for Betty! Great voice and seems to have a lot of on stage charisma for the role.

Hoping this will make it to Broadway - love a bit of old school jazz hands, and there’s room for it worth SLIH ending.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzY5P5UO2xt/?igshid=YjVjNjZkNmFjNg==

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CzZYwXvOQci/?igshid=YjVjNjZkNmFjNg==
"

Wow, listening to the clip of "Where I Want to Be" just gave me vibes of Stephanie Mills in The Wiz. I'm excited for this young woman and hope that she really strikes gold in this show!

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  Nov 7 2023, 01:24:43 PM

I keep on getting emails for Lempicka, and when I go to Telecharge, it asks if I have a promo code. I know it's early, but does anybody have one?

Also, I suspect a code for Days of Wine and Roses will be available soon. Anybody see or have one? 

TIA

Favorite Solo Shows?  Nov 4 2023, 06:46:10 PM

Prima Facie

Elaine Stritch at Liberty

I Am My Own Wife

A Christmas Carol - Jefferson Mays

A Christmas Carol - Patrick Stewart

Mark Twain Tonight - Hal Holbrook

The Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe - Lily Tomlin

Rose - Olympia Dukakis

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 10/22/23  Oct 27 2023, 03:11:38 PM

Ken Davenport has been posting a lot about his shows on LinkedIn, a platform that rarely gets Broadway exposure. I noticed this post earlier today about ABN adding the Thursday matinee. I'm not sure of the study's validity and reliability, but there's some interesting data: 

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:7123723948151709696?updateEntityUrn=urn%3Ali%3Afs_feedUpdate%3A%28V2%2Curn%3Ali%3Aactivity%3A7123723948151709696%29

Star casting or breakout star?  Oct 23 2023, 12:44:39 PM

Sutton Ross said: "Sure, it's exciting to be in the same room as a celebrity you admire but they have to be talented and work in the part, or else it's a giant waste of my time and money. And break out stars will always be exciting. Julie was the story in the Spring of 2022 which was thrilling and crazy all at once."

I completely agree with Sutton. If a star is giving a high-quality performance, then I certainly am happy to see them in the show. Unfortunately, there have been stars who whose performances were painful or just not impactful (e.g., Julia Roberts in "Three Day so Rain," Hugh Jackman in "The Music Man", and I was disappointed. I find that seeing a high-caliber performance from a known star can be a hit or miss situation, and if one waits to get tickets, great WOM and/or reviews can prevent one from getting a decent ticket. For a breakout star, it's exciting to see someone who is unknown make their mark on a show and launch their career. Kristin Chenowith comes to mind after seeing her in "Scapin" off-Bdwy, among others. When I saw "Funny Girl" in May 2022, I didn't know that Julie Benko was performing until I was in my seat and found the announcement in my Playbill. I was pleasantly surprised, but ecstatic when I left the theater. As we know, people had an easier time getting a ticket to see Julie than for Lea, the star. Seeing a star comes with certain expectations, and disappointment is a result of unmet expectations. There are fewer expectations when one sees a breakout star because the person is still generally unknown and can be a revelation. Of course, each person's appreciation of a performance is subjective, so there's really no correct or incorrect response to the original question.

The Wiz returning to Bway in 2023 after National Tour  Sep 25 2023, 01:06:24 PM

rattleNwoolypenguin said: 
The problem with The Wiz is the plot of The Wizard of Oz is a drag to watch onstage cause it's a road trip with set piece moving on, set piece moving off and you are five steps ahead the whole time. It's just bland. The '39 movie is untouchable in telling this story clearly cause we've never seen Hollywood take real strides to remake it or NY has never seen a big revival based on the movie.

Having seen the original Broadway

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Previews  Sep 24 2023, 03:53:48 PM

dramamama611 said: "Just picked up tix thru Audience Rewards for this. Very excited, after all the very positive buzz I've seen, I chose this over Here Lies Love. (I may regret that, because I'm not sure when I'm going to make that work!)

Please let us know where your tickets are located when they're confirmed by AR. TIA.

"

Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster  Sep 17 2023, 09:38:20 PM

I'm guessing from the article, the separation is immediate? I just received a Ticketmaster gift card that I was going to use at a Nederlander house.

Michael McGrath has passed away  Sep 15 2023, 02:27:13 PM

So sad. I enjoyed his performances over the years and still remember it was he who pulled me on stage at the original Spamalot. I was happy for him when he won his Tony. May he RIP.

SUFFS is coming to Broadway  Sep 15 2023, 01:49:08 PM

I don't know the logistics of announcing closing dates, but if a show is a limited engagement, isn't that fact usually announced at the time the show is announced (e.g., Days of Wine and Roses, Parade, Into the Woods). It's only  on these boards that I've seen Purlie Victorious mentioned as a limited run. I just looked at The Broadway League website and there's no closing date listed for PV, although there's no closing date for DOWAR, for which I've seen a clo

re: Musicals that are NOT based off of Movies, books, or plays/oprah  Sep 14 2023, 01:34:48 PM

Contact

Bring in 'da Noise, Bring in 'da Funk

Memphis (I believe it is based on the life of an actual disc jockey in Memphis, but the details of his life were not previously published)

EVITA at the ART - Reviews  Sep 13 2023, 01:06:26 PM

With this morning's announcement that Days of Wine and Roses will be playing Studio 54 in January, I guess the rumors of Evita coming into the theater can be put to rest (for this season, anyway). I wonder if the show is still aiming for Broadway.

Which Actors Have Done Multiple Broadway Shows Together?  Sep 13 2023, 12:38:19 PM

Last night at The Shark is Broken I was reminded that Colin Donnell appeared with Sutton Foster in Anything Goes and Violet.

Also, Christian Borle and Kevin Del Aguilar - Peter and the Starcatcher, Some Like It Hot

Del Aguilar and Greg Hildreth - Peter and the Starcatcher, Frozen

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You