pixeltracker

Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster

Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#1Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 7:35pm

Good move, methinks.

“While executives at the Nederlander Organization declined to discuss their reason for breaking up with Ticketmaster on Broadway, using their own ticketing platform allows the company to collect service fees and customer data. Gaining invaluable insights into the demographics and ticket purchasing patterns of Broadway audiences, the company will be able to make more informed decisions about which shows to book in its theaters and which shows to develop and produce on Broadway.”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/marchershberg/2023/09/17/broadway-ticketing-wars-heat-up-as-nederlander-nixes-ticketmaster/?sh=120d24eb6531

Oh look, a bibu!

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#2Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 7:45pm

Makes sense! They get full control of the service fees and data, and Ticketmaster/LiveNation probably don't view Broadway as a priority compared to sports & concerts.

Now it's time for Shubert to overhaul Telecharge and retire the separate Telechargeoffers.com.

Updated On: 9/17/23 at 07:45 PM

Islander_fan
#3Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 8:52pm

This will not only help them on Broadway, but their reach in the touring market for them is wider than some may realize. With that being the case, I can see this potentially impacting the touring market as well in terms of what shows are selling on the road etc. 

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#4Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 9:29pm

I hope their Broadway in Chicago subsidiary will be next to drop Ticketmaster.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

jagman1062 Profile Photo
jagman1062
#5Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 9:38pm

I'm guessing from the article, the separation is immediate? I just received a Ticketmaster gift card that I was going to use at a Nederlander house.

spicemonkey
#6Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 10:10pm

noticed this a while ago then i was checking tickets for Sweeney Todd.

It's a good move. Ticketmaster CS is SOOOOOOOO BADDDDD. I had one ticket exchange request with them. The CS representative said the request was sent to the production and would inform me with results. I waited for a month! still no response. When I contacted them again, the CS said they did not see an exchange request at all.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#7Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/17/23 at 11:46pm

I prefer Ticketmaster to Seat Geek. Seat Geek is a nightmare. I wish no one would use Seat Geek. I’m glad they are looking at creating their own ticketing service. Hopefully it’s user friendly. 

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#8Nederlander To Part Ways With Ticketmaster
Posted: 9/18/23 at 2:54am

Bettyboy72 said: "I prefer Ticketmaster to Seat Geek. Seat Geek is a nightmare. I wish no one would use Seat Geek. I’m glad they are looking at creating their own ticketing service. Hopefully it’s user friendly."

Nederlander’s BroadwayDirect exists already, and up to this point has been used for group sales, rush tix, house seats, etc. and they have an “advertorial” email list/website (paid articles written by journalists that the producer has approval over). This puts their main ticketing operation into the existing suite of offerings. Probably will save a lot of headaches on the backend too.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a change in ticketing platforms for Jujamcyn too, now that they’re joined with ATG.

Videos