News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Louden

Louden Profile Photo
Member Name: Louden
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: I'm in love....
 Apr 29 2005, 04:13:01 PM
I saw that performance on GMA. Beau-ti-ful!

Shining moments in Brooklyn were truly with Eden. Her voice - good stuff! The show was sort of so-so, though. I really didn't take to it (or it didn't take to me, or it took me for all my money... something like that)

I really like -her- though, so if you have other recordings of hers, I'd get it. Though I do agree with MagictoDo82 (hee, hee... Pippin...!) as to the lack of energy on the

re: Altar Boyz: New Song Available online!
 Apr 29 2005, 03:42:44 PM
Thanks Juliet! You rock the casbah...

'Put it in me, put it in me!'

re: Why don't more people use the chat room?
 Apr 29 2005, 03:38:13 PM
Hee, hee... maybe everyone is in their own separate chat rooms separated with virtual walls!

Heavy. :)

re: Sondheim's Carnegie Hall Concert DVD for $2.99 (and no shipping)
 Apr 27 2005, 05:30:27 PM
I've heard HORRIFIC stories about Deep Discount DVD. Check out Fatwallet.com to read them on their Hot Deals forum. They take extremely long to ship (if they ship at all), their customer service is almost nonexistent, and they sometimes charge without shipping.

As much as I like a deal, its just not worth it if you're not getting the product in a timely fashion. If I -knew- that they took over a month to send something, it may not be so bad, but, well, geez... :<

And I'm

re: Another Altar Boyz website!
 Apr 27 2005, 04:24:33 PM
I just called up The Drama League and spoke with their events person - - he gave me the skinny: you're right Juliet, the awards do start at $150, but get this: you ALSO get an extra added bonus of a Drama League membership for each ticket you purchase.

The reason why this seemed so good to me, is because its normally $85 to join the Drama League. So, with that in mind (they have some free events, discounted ticket offers with orchestra seats, monthly newsletter, blah, blah, blah)

re: Munk's comments on ALTAR BOYZ
 Apr 27 2005, 04:01:54 PM
I understand the show's not for everybody, but compared to everything else out there, its pretty darn good. I enjoyed it, and its hard for me to enjoy camp, unless its done well. And that means ya gotta believe! You completely have to believe in what you're doing, saying, and singing, and these boyz do. That's what I enjoyed about it. That, and the music is catchy. You have to understand what you're going into, as well. It's not an exotic beautiful S
re: Another Altar Boyz website!
 Apr 27 2005, 02:25:42 PM
Altar Boyz nominated for Drama League Award!!! The entire ensemble! I just found out that tickets are available to the public for their May 13th luncheon awards show! A chance to see the boyz up close and personal and show your support, gratitude, love, lust, etc.

Ah, the seven deadly sins, but only five boyz. Sigh. Anyone going?

re: How HOT is Norbert Leo Butz???
 Apr 27 2005, 01:58:38 PM
Too darn hot! :) He was recently nominated for a DL Award. Anyone know how to get tickets to that? I'd love to see him up close and personal, strutting his stuff up to a podium.
re: Bad Show Reception
 Apr 27 2005, 01:50:07 PM
No, but I was at a show at The New York Theatre Workshop where they shouldn't have. Eyewitness Blues. Good mother of God. What was that awful piece?
Drama League Awards - Open to the Public?
 Apr 27 2005, 01:48:24 PM
Does anyone know if the Drama League Awards are open to the public? After reading about the nominations on Talkin' Broadway and who's going to be there (John Lithgow,Cherry Jones, James Earl Jones, Spamalot folks, Altar Boyz, etc.) it might be a nice way to spend a Friday afternoon in May.

But do you have to be invited or can I buy tickets??

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You