News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mak136

Member Name: mak136
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Six Rush or Lottery News
 Feb 13 2020, 08:52:57 AM
Hmmm. I’m sure you’ll let us know the seats given and update 👍
Down to One
 Aug 8 2019, 10:09:55 AM

Saw it last week via TDF, front mezz to the right side. Extreme sides have viewing issues. At intermission we moved to great orchestra seats (even mentioning it to ushers about the viewing issues, which they agreed). The first half, i was like, i have no idea what the heck is going on. Enjoyed the 2nd half more. If you approach it like a rock and roll opera it'll help. The singers all were fantastic! I'll give them that, they sang with earnest, great voices, high energy to every song.

I won the digital lottery yesterday
 Mar 6 2019, 04:07:57 PM

Seats were Orch, Row D, far left. Partial view. Couldn't see the left of the stage or the back (is that upstage?)  Great to see the performers up close though, we eyed 2 empty seats in center row F and moved there at intermission. We did not realize that we were missing the backstage lighting designs which really really added to the experience. I would think standing room would be great as well if looking for reasonable price.

The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 2 2019, 11:42:50 AM

Cher Show 1/1/19.  Orch Center Row X (last row) but was good nonetheless. Obnoxious drunks a couple rows in front of us, ushers kept going to them to get off phone, turn off phone etc.  What's more disruptive the people with the phones, or the constant ushers? Police were then called and stood in back of the orchestra entire show, also disruptive.

Also, I had mistakenly ordered Cher tix twice because the original order was not showing up in "my orders" on the TD

HEAD OVER HEELS TodayTix Rush Thread
 Oct 15 2018, 11:47:51 AM

I did rush for Friday 10/12. Todaytix right at 10am.  went to box office at 6, but was told to come back after 730.  Coudn't tell if picked from a pile or in an envelope. Seats were Orch Row M 8 & 10. It was on the crossway aisle so no seats in front of us.  The angle is a tad weird, but was fine. Would've liked front row of course. C'est la vie.  Show was great though! And I'm jaded about some shows.

Discount for The Cher Show
 Oct 3 2018, 04:48:02 PM

@Eliza. How did you manage to switch your seat after you purchased it?

Kinky Boots for a kid?
 Aug 10 2018, 04:19:56 PM

I haven't seen it since it opened, but I really don't think there's anything overtly sexual or "kinky" about it. I've sent some religious folks there and they enjoyed it.  There is the big number slow song, so if he's bored by slow songs... might be an issue.  Might actually be too young for the show IMHO.

TKTS Booths Question
 Aug 10 2018, 04:17:45 PM

If you don't want to shlep to Brooklyn, Lincoln Center is your best option. You can get tix for matinees the day before, and it's inside and air-conditioned (especially good for now). However, I took my out of town cousin there the other day, and I had discount codes/prices for shows she wanted to see (like Waitress), the discount codes offered were cheaper than TKTS (for I think all the shows she wanted to choose from), so we went to the Waitress box office and grabbed good seat

THIS AIN'T NO DISCO thread
 Jul 12 2018, 11:08:46 AM

Have an extra $25 ticket for tonight 7/12 8pm if anyone interested... 

For Sale: Boys in the Band SRO ticket
 Jun 5 2018, 12:19:06 PM

Hi, wondering what time did you go for SRO? Thanks!

American in Paris Lottery Seats?
 May 31 2016, 05:25:05 PM

We won on a cold day back in maybe February.  Were given front row center.  stage was a bit high, but hey you get what you pay for.

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter
 Jan 5 2016, 10:23:55 AM

Yeah, just got through too.  But no confirmation either.

HAMILTON's Digital Lottery--Just for the Winter
 Jan 5 2016, 10:21:06 AM

It's affected the entry for even Lion King..site is unavailable there too.  

Stritch memorial lotto...?
 Nov 17 2014, 02:40:12 PM
I won! But had no idea it's a 4pm show I can't get out of work..bummer...so yeah, i'd bet there'll be plenty of standby tix.

also the tix are non-transferable

Lotto/SRO Advice for Hedwig
 Jun 12 2014, 02:54:06 PM
we did SRO Saturday before the Tonys...got there at 1pm..and alternated through 615pm. At 1pm we were 4th in line. Sold 20. The house manager was just doing his job and making sure everyone picked up trash and etc. There is a restaurant right next door to the theater so I'm sure the Belasco is concerned about complaints. Don't know why they don't organize the line in the other direction (but that might conflict with the lottery drawing. Would make more sense for them to sell SRO when the b
Follies TDF
 Jan 19 2012, 02:17:26 PM
Last night...Row W Center Orchestra
Roundabout seating
 Apr 1 2011, 11:19:48 AM
Curious...is it my imagination? When I've gone to Roundabout shows, I've noticed people tend to congregate at the rear of the orchestra section and then right before curtain they then move to empty seats.

Are these subscribers? Or general admission subscribers?

Or am I imagining this mass movement?

When Do Tickets For Spiderman 2.0 Go On Sale?
 Mar 10 2011, 02:28:12 PM
I got my refund today. But I tell ya, they will still be selling this show, and there will still be people paying to see it. Two separate folks in front of me were picking up tix for tonight.
SPIDER MAN - I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!!
 Mar 10 2011, 02:26:20 PM
ME TOO!

I'm happy to report after two days of unsuccesfully dealing with Ticketmaster...I walked up to the box office today and they gave me a refund, no questions asked.

Of course I doubt they will have any trouble at all reselling my ticket at same price...but I'm happy to be out of it until the summer.

The box office has been quite helpful and pleasant each time I asked for a date change after each postponement, and now this.

Very nice!

SPIDER MAN - I GOT MY MONEY BACK!!!
 Mar 9 2011, 04:57:00 PM
I can't believe you managed to get your money back.

Back in November during the first postponement, I attempted to get my money back from Ticketmaster, but was told no refunds, or get new tickets through boxoffice. The box office willingly gave me new tickets...then the next postponement came...and again I got new tickets for April. Now with word that Taymor is possibly out, and new extended postponement...I want out.

I contacted Ticketmaster with no luck ... saying they are

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You