News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for inmyownlittlecorner

Member Name: inmyownlittlecorner
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Les Mis Understudy Attack  Aug 24 2020, 09:27:33 PM

Mattbrain said: "Everything you’ve said is correct except for one detail. The show was actually Evita. Patti LuPone mentions it in her memoir."

That’s it! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I googled it and found the exact article I read (here). I had found the article in a form thread about backstage drama which also talked about the Stephanie Stephenson Les Mis thing. I must have mixed the two up, I read the thread years ago. Thank you guys so much, I knew I could count on y’all

Les Mis Understudy Attack  Aug 24 2020, 03:42:56 PM

I haven’t really been on this board in a long time but there is something that I remember but can’t find information on so I thought I’d come ask here.

Back in my very deep Les Mis phase, I remember reading an article about a boyfriend of an understudy who attacked a lead, Tonya Harding style, because he wanted his girlfriend to have more stage time. The only other thing I can remember about this is that it was a European production.

Does anyone

Lea Michele Twitter  Jun 3 2020, 02:43:39 PM

nasty_khakis said: "I don't understand the people here who seem to need EVERY Glee cast member to issue a statement about her mean actions before they'll believe it.

You can watch MANY interviews including the recent Stars in the House reunion where her name is tangentially brought up and all their faces drop. Chris Colfer talked abouthowrewarding it was to get to sing "Defying Gravity" on the show and his face when he says "sang it with Lea" te

Revivals post COVID  May 26 2020, 11:03:57 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "City Center said they're still committed to doing "Millie", so that's where you'll see it, whenever it happens."

Oh, that’s great! Someone told me they cancelled it and I was so sad. We’ll still get Ashley playing Millie yet!

Revivals post COVID  May 26 2020, 10:56:12 AM

This has been on my mind quite a bit but something just tells me they’re going to do a revival of Thoroughly Modern Millie. It’s a loved story, super happy and upbeat, and could easily have a big name attached to it. The original production was so successful partially because it was a happy escapist show and after 9/11, everyone needed that

While I’ve always hoped if they did a revival of this show, that they would cast the leads with unknowns, that’s

Light in The Piazza Key Change?  May 24 2020, 07:16:38 PM

Hello! As I know that many on these boards are fan of the show (and that Adam Guttel is a lurker here), I felt like this was the best place to ask.

So I was doing some repbook work, going overstuff, you know the drill, when I came across something a little confusing. I was practice ‘The Light In The Piazza’ when I realized the sheet music (which came from the score) I was working off of was in the key of C major and, in the cast recording, Kelli sings it in D

Stephanie J. Block twitter tiff  May 24 2020, 12:08:16 AM

For anyone wondering what the tweet was, it was a thread of edited pictures of Stephanie J. Block holding guns. The tweet said “Stephanie J. glocks: a thread”. It was in very bad taste

Bootlegs during Quarantine  May 24 2020, 12:02:53 AM

Who’s gonna tell Daniel that Peggy Gordon (original Godspell cast member off-broadway) posts bootlegs to her YouTube channel.....

Vanity Fair on Broadway's Reopening -  May 23 2020, 11:55:02 PM

I pull in two different ways with this topic on reopening. My brain says that it’s logical to wait, it will keep the most people healthy, Broadway can wait. But my heart screams that people have no jobs, it points to my friends out of work, to the shows that can’t stay afloat. I’m really in the middle on this topic, it’s hard to make an informed decision and I feel bad for politicians (never thought I’d actually say THOSE words...) who have to make these choices

Non Copy-written Musical Theatre Songs On TV  Mar 6 2020, 08:12:28 AM

This is such a weird question but I thought it was kind of funny to think about.

So, lots of TV shows like to use musical theatre it’s plots but because these shows are copy-written, many of these shows like hire writers to write something similar but not exactly the same. Others are parodies but take inspiration from certain song.I think these are so interesting. Here are a few examples:

Hurt Them First- Dance Moms (Basically identical to Cell Block Tango, like I’m surprised they could get away with these similarities)

One Small Girl- Dance Moms (One Small Girl from Once on This Island. They couldn’t even come up with a different name lol)

Floss- Suite Life Of Zach And Cody (This one doesn’t really count but that’s obviously the joke but I had to include it because of the amount of people I know who’ve listened to Something’s Coming and gone “It’s the song from Zach and Cody!&rdquo

If you have anymore memories of songs like this, please share them with me. I love figuring out what makes them so similar, I love analyzing them. 

Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 4 2020, 12:03:29 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "MR is a loud show. I don’t care if that dog was an emotional support dog, it was inhumane to subject a dog to that."

Service dogs are trained to be able to handle loud noises so saying it was inhumane is a stretch. They’re trained to focus on the one person whether that be for seizures, low blood sugar, etc. 

Therapy dogs, while not requiring training, are usually trained to deal with overwhelming situations so people

Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 4 2020, 11:14:14 AM

carolinaguy said: "Emotional support animals are not required to be allowed in businesses such as restaurants and stores, including theaters. So unless this was a service animal, psychiatric or otherwise, then this person was breaking rules on top of being ridiculous."

Yes, while not required to be allowed, some establishments do allow them and I’m not well versed enough in the Al Hirschfeld’s rules to know what their policies on support animals are. I do

Bad Theater Behavior  Mar 4 2020, 11:03:53 AM

LxGstv said: "Are dogs allowed inside theaters now?! Saw Moulin Rouge last week and the person next to me had their bag in their lap and they pulled out a small dog with a very loud collar/tag combination... that was clearly not a service dog, the dog seemed very restless inside the bag..."

I like to believe that was a service dog/emotional support animal but if not, then they definitely broke lots of rules. Did any ushers notice?

What’s Next For The Barrymore?  Feb 21 2020, 02:57:10 PM

I don’t care what theatre it goes to but can we get Soft Power on Broadway please?

West Side Story  Feb 20 2020, 12:55:36 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "And AEA just released this statement...

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Actors-Equity-Association-Has-Released-a-Statement-Regarding-WEST-SIDE-STORY-20200220
"

I’m hoping Equity does a double check on that floor with all the rain.....it does not seem safe, not at all.

JLP Audience Fight  Feb 15 2020, 05:35:11 PM

Apparently, there was an argument that broke out because a woman was talking on her phone. It escalated until someone pulled out pepper spray and sprayed it. 

Oscars 2021 - The Year of Movie Musicals?  Feb 15 2020, 10:56:12 AM

Looks like In The Heights might be in the running for best original song

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Lin-Manuel-Wrote-a-New-Song-for-the-IN-THE-HEIGHTS-Film-20200211

Engagement Proposal Advice - Moulin Rouge  Feb 14 2020, 12:19:03 PM

Just be lowkey about it. Take her out for dinner to a nice restaurant, go see your favorite show, take a walk together and propose there or even back in the hotel room. It’ll be a special night, it’ll be personal and it’ll be something just for you two.

If you still want to propose at the theatre, I’d recommend going with Greased Lightening’s advice and try contacting Jujamcyn or talk to a stage manager. 

Don’t feel like you have

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 13 2020, 09:43:27 PM

Although prohibited, here’s the first preview megasix. It just showed up on my timeline,

https://twitter.com/storyteIIers/status/1228145404346322944?s=20

SIX - Preview Thread  Feb 13 2020, 09:34:54 PM

Dolly80 said: "Why does everyone want to sit there and record the megamix ? Get a life."

It’s just kind of what sets this show apart from others, it’s an interesting thing that they let them do and it’s fun to watch all the different alternates and the way the cast members interact with the audience. It’s also been an amazing way of free advertisement for the show. It’s not super important like we’ll never support the show again bu

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You