Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door

lisa902652
#0Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:31pm

Does Sutton always go out another door. Just wondering if she ever signs.

ILoveMyDictionary Profile Photo
ILoveMyDictionary
#1re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:42pm

Not always. When I went to see it she didn't come out. But there's still a very good chance she'll come out the stage door. It's not rare.

Yankeefan007
#2re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:48pm

Actually, her coming out after Drowsy is very rare. Her stage door appearances are few and far between. However, she is a doll before the show.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#3re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:54pm

Well, anyway the bright side is after you actually see The Drowsy Chaperone, its Bob Martin's autograph that you'll really want!

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

Fabrizio2
#4re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 8:54pm

She came out the night I saw her. She does not come out between shows (i.e Matinees) and usually uses another door to exit from what I hear. I guess I could consider myself lucky.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#5re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:03pm

She came out after the show last Thursday when I saw it. She was very gracious and signed for everyone there. I got a picture with her as well.

CurtainUp Profile Photo
CurtainUp
#6re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 10:15pm

BluCat, how ironic! I walked into Chaperone pumped to see Sutton, but walked out with my favorites being Martin, Danny Burstein and Beth Level. Sutton is very talented, but the ohters were more scene-stealing. She didn't come out, but except for her and Engel, everyone else did and were so lovely. What a great night...I'm in love with Martin...although he could probably be my uncle.

Rosencrantz: "Be happy - if you're not even HAPPY what's so good about surviving? We'll be all right. I suppose we just go on." - from Tom Stoppard's Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

elimeyer Profile Photo
elimeyer
#7re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:03pm

I was there Thursday as well and the only one who didn't appear was Ms Engel. Sadly.
I was able to get everyone's autograph and picture.
Check it out...
http://www.thekingofbroadway.com then go to Photos and scroll to The Drowsy Chaperone....
-e-

-elli- Visit me @ http://www.thekingofbroadway.com "They say that life is 'Tit for Tat' and thats the way I live, so I deserve a lot of 'TAT' for what I've got to give!!!"

Choirkid Profile Photo
Choirkid
#8re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:14pm

Does anyone have any idea why Sutton doesn't come out anymore. For Millie and Little Women she came out all the time and was soooo sweet and nice. I hope nothing happened that would make her not want to exit throught the stage door.

jsrocks
#9re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/28/06 at 11:19pm

Yeah I'd definitely go for Martin's. It just seems like Sutton doesn't come out the regular door at all so...*shrugs*

"Michael's got a head like a Ping Pong Ball" -The Cast of Sweeney-

PJ
#10re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 12:01am

I stage doored both times after seeing Little Women and she never came out. I don't know what is going on.

BluCat500 Profile Photo
BluCat500
#11re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 12:08am

I stage doored once at Little Women and she didn't come out, inexplicably driving one girl to tears and once at Drowsy during previews and she came out, albeit after a bit of a wait...

I guess one just needs to hope and pray to the Sutton Foster Gods, located no doubt in that Great period piece musical in the sky...

So I was sitting in my cubicle today, and I realized, ever since I started working, every single day of my life has been worse than the day before it. So that means that every single day that you see me, that's on the worst day of my life.~Office Space

jasobres
#12re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 5:59pm

Where is the stage door to the Marquis Theatre anyway? Is it in the hotel or outside of it?

P.S. Yay! I'm a Broadway Legend!!

"Ev'ry-buddy wants ta get into de act!" - Jimmy Durante "Breathe from your hoo-hoo." -Kristin Chenoweth
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 05:59 PM

Yankeefan007
#13re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 5:59pm

It's right next to the Broadway New York store.

LucilleAndLeoFrank
#14re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:09pm

She came out after the performance I attended. I was shocked because it was a matinee and I highly doubted she'd leave between shows. Everyone came out and signed after the performance with the exception of Georgia Engel, who literally RAN out the stage door into a waiting cab.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#15re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 6:25pm

Why doesn't Georgia like to sign?

cate_w
#16re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:01pm

It does seem strange that Sutton wouldn't come out. I saw her at the stage door both times I saw Millie and all five times I saw Little Women. (And no, I wasn't waiting for her every time, I was trying to get the whole cast of Littlw Women on the poster and different people came out different times, but Sutton was always one of them.)

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#17re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:55pm

yeah - I met her after Little Women as well and she couldn't have been any sweeter! She talked to me for like 5 minutes and signed everything for everyone and took pictures as well. I wonder what has changed....

fengshuihellnyc
#18re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:56pm

I've tried two times and have several friends who have all tried at several different times and she has never come out. I however did find the door she exits through and did eventually did get her autograph.

I believe that it is because the situation as all the others is the DIVAIN issue. The more famous you get the less you want to deal with the people that made you so. She use to be the nicest person ever and was hardcore dedicated to her fans. I guess that was a passing whim and the fame has gotten to her.

I Have a feeling also that her boyfriend whom I caught her exiting with out a non stage door is partially the reason she doesn't sign anymore. I'm not sure that anyone knows who she is dating but I'll out it anyway. Its someone from Spamalot. LOL U figure it out.

folkyboy Profile Photo
folkyboy
#19re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 9:58pm

i should be glad i didn't waste my time waiting outside the stage door then! i totally almost did after i saw the show awhile back ago...

fengshuihellnyc
#20re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:02pm

I don't think that she is required or even inclined to sign autographs.... however it is and has been a long going tradition and is the nice thing and greatful thing to do when a group of people are waiting to see you. I went twice and at most there were 20 people outside and if she were to bring her own sharpie and take photos it at max would take her 15 minutes to show her gratitude to the fans. ESPECIALLY when a show is only and hour and 45 minutes with NO intermission.
Updated On: 5/29/06 at 10:02 PM

Act4ever Profile Photo
Act4ever
#21re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:05pm

...it isnt a secret that shes dating Christian Borle....

itstheM Profile Photo
itstheM
#22re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:45pm

I actually thought I heard that Sutton and Christian were engaged. They've been dating for a really long time...

Baby, dream your dream Close your eyes and try it!

azeller Profile Photo
azeller
#23re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:57pm

They are engaged and getting married in September according to Playbill.com.

I saw TDC twice and she came out one of the times. She was very nice and took pictures and gave autographs to anyone who wished to have one. Christian was also there waiting for her.
Playbill.com article

"Let's admit one thing right upfront: With the possible exception of Bernadette Peters, not everyone stays young and cute forever." (NYPost 2/2/05)

SweetQintheLights
#24re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
Posted: 5/29/06 at 10:58pm

Sutton and Christian ARE engaged.
I guess we know more than fengshuihellnyc- who barely even "outed it" haha

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

Videos