News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pinoyidol2006

pinoyidol2006 Profile Photo
Member Name: pinoyidol2006
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 09:59:40 PM

LuPita2 said: "You clearly know him, are friends with him, or are affiliated with the company. He has caused a lot of pain and has never apologized. He has made people uncomfortable. He has made a young women mortified and humiliated."

I'm not affiliated with him or the company. I am a ballet fan though, and there has been extensive discussion of this case in the BalletAlert forums. The mods over there are also quite strict about assertions of fact being supporte

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 08:11:31 PM

Highland Guy said: "So "mortified and humiliated" that she has taken to social media to talk about it? So "mortified and humiliated" that she traveled cross-country to talk about it at a Forum?"

Waterbury should be allowed to tell her story and express the pain she felt from what happened to her. Let's not make silence be the standard for who was and wasn't humiliated in this situation.

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 07:10:58 PM

LuPita2 said: "In the articles I read in the New York Times, all the women refused to dance with him at NYCB, which is part of the reason he was fired. There were concerns when he came back, as well. And if you are referring to Sara, they broke up."

From NYT (link):

"The company said in a statement on Saturday that after hearing the concerns of dancers, staff members and others in the City Ballet community, it had decided to fire Mr. Ramasar and Mr. Catazaro. (The statement also said the company had already made the decision to fire Mr. Finlay when he resigned.) "

People in the company voiced their concerns which is different from all women in the company refusing to dance with him. In fact, you'll find multiple women in the company who have expressed messages of support for him on social media. I don't intend for this to mean that he is therefore absolutely blameless. I'm just trying to straighten out the facts for those who might be misinformed.

I'm referring to Alexa Maxwell. Sara and Amar had broken up long before the scandal broke. They continued to dance after their breakup, and she was his first partner back upon his reinstatement. The NYT review of that performance was quite disappointed with her for appearing to tacitly approve of his return for appearing happy during the curtain call.

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 06:44:29 PM

ModernMillie3 said: "The major reason they fired him was because the women at the NYCB refused to partner with him and voiced their concerns. I can't imagine how the very young women in WWS now feel.

Oh, and his gf broke up with him shortly before he moved to Rome. So, there's that.
"

This is just factually inaccurate. There were women who voiced their concerns, but there were plenty of women at NYCB who also voiced their support including his most

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 05:53:58 PM

SporkGoddess said: "My understanding of the facts is that the nude photos sent by Amar Ramasar were consentually taken by not consentually distributed."

This is actually quite ambiguous. I re-read Ramasar's instagram post, and he never said that he sent the photos with his girlfriend's consent. Waterbury's amended complaint alleges that his girlfriend did not consent because Ramasar texted something along the lines of his girlfriend getting pissed (pa

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 13 2019, 01:47:59 AM

LuPita2 said: "As WWS continues, people will research him and find out more. Also, the case goes to court in January, and that will get plenty of coverage. What a despicable person. The people on this thread defending him over and over again says so much about them, so bizarre."

It is not bizzare to actually look into the facts when someone is accused with a serious crime or moral misconduct. I was initially on the anti-Amar train in the beginning when the news came

Alexandra Waterbury Instagram Post  Dec 12 2019, 07:20:19 PM

The reporting on this issue is a little confusing. For those who are unclear on what happened. This is the link to Waterbury's amended complaint (link). I will focus primarily on Ramasar's involvement.

You will find the parts relevant to Ramasar in paragraphs 90-98. These are the facts according to Waterbury's complaint.

When Finlay asked Ramasar for pictures, he sent topless photos of his girlfriend (link to Ramasar's claim that she consented). Finlay asked for more, and Ramasar sent more nude photographs of the same woman. There's no indication in the lawsuit that Ramasar sent Finlay of other women in the company (paragraph 91).

Ramasar likewise solicited photos, to which Finlay obliged and sent him nude photos of Waterbury (paragraph 95).

Waterbury disputes Ramasar's claim that his girlfriend consented because Ramasar texted Finlay that his girlfriend might get mad (paragraphs 97-98).

Note that the only cause of action against Ramasar is for negligence (starting on paragraph 159). There are multiple causes of action against Finlay, NYCB, and SAB (including assault, battery, harassment, etc.). The basis for the claim against Ramasar was that he had a duty to prevent Finlay from doing what he did.

Ramasar's motion to dismiss (link) rejects Waterbury's claims because he had (a) no duty to Waterbury, (b) no control over Finlay's action, and (c) did not cause the damages to Waterbury. The reasons for (a) and (b) are kind of easy to figure out, so I won't go into it. The reasons for (c) is largely due to the fact that Waterbury's photos had been shared on multiple occasions before they were shared with Ramasar. Quoting from the motion to dismiss: "Indeed, the Complaint alleges that Finlay texted explicit images of Waterbury to third parties – without any involvement by Ramasar whatsoever – on five separate occasions(twice in 2017) before the May 21, 2018 text interaction between Finlay and Ramasar, and one time after that... Finlay obviously did not need any encouragement from or involvement by Ramasar to cause him to text pictures of Waterbury to others... Because Finlay’s sending of Waterbury’s photos to others would have occurred – and did occur – without any involvement by Ramasar, his actions werenot the cause-in-fact of Waterbury’s injury..."

I would go into what the other parties involved did, but that doesn't seem relevant to this particular forum. The other parties have also submitted counter evidence to contradict Waterbury's claims. I didn't look too closely, but I don't believe Ramasar submitted any additional counter-evidence in defense of his actions.

----------------------

My thoughts: The fact that Ramasar received photos of Waterbury doesn't rise to the level of "sex offender" in my book. Ramasar doesn't deny those texts happened, but the responsibility to not disseminate Waterbury's photos fall squarely on Finlay's shoulders. Furthermore, even Waterbury's own lawsuit doesn't make any claims against Ramasar other than negligence.

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 17 2018, 02:41:41 PM
Many of NYCB’s dancers still seem to support him, including his girlfriend. Some of his frequent partners have also shown support on instagram. I honestly have no idea what to make of this. I personally wouldn’t feel comfortable as an audience member seeing him partnering a woman on stage, especially since dancers have little choice when it comes to casting at a ballet company.
Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 17 2018, 02:34:05 PM
Waterbury’s lawsuit has Ramasar pinned down for two things: sending photos of an NYCB dancer to Finlay and receiving photos of Waterbury. The lawsuit states that Finlay has acknowledged to Ramasar that the photos of Waterbury were taken and sent without her consent.

However, if I were to defend Ramasar, the best I can say is that the “acknowledgment” is vague enough to give him some degree of deniability. The lawsuit says that Finlay’s acknowledgment was something along the lines of W

Amar Ramasar (Jigger in CAROUSEL) suspended from NYCB over  Sep 15 2018, 11:17:59 PM
I'm curious if he's fighting it because he's the recipient of the non-consensual photographs and not the sender?

The lawsuit says he sent photos back of a different NYCB dancer. Maybe that dancer knew and gave consent to send the pics to Finlay (the guy being sued). Otherwise, I can't fathom why AGMA would defend someone who violated one of their members.

Edit:
Statement from the AGMA (via the Daily Mail): https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6172617/Two-male-New-York-City-Ballet-principal-dancers-FIRED-explicit-photo-scandal.html

'Based on all the information received from the company, the allegations relate entirely to non-work-related activity and do not rise to the level of "just cause" termination,' the union said in a statement. 'As AGMA would do for any of its members, we will soon be filing for arbitration to enforce our members’ employment rights.'

That's insane.

22 years since the last My Fair Lady Revival  Oct 17 2015, 09:05:06 PM

Lauren Worsham for Eliza.

Fiddler performance sneak peak  Oct 15 2015, 07:53:39 PM

I'm really looking forward to this! I've never seen a production of Fiddler before.

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Sep 22 2015, 10:08:16 PM

Brick said: "

And so Lin's choice to empower Eliza with the decision not allow her reaction to be known strikes me as indeed quite clever, as well as making the women of the piece more active than they're often credited to be in history, while noting perhaps that's also by choice here.

Amen. I loved that whole song, but the bit about the historians was the only thing that stood out to me.

Your Broadway Crushes  Sep 22 2015, 08:46:39 PM

Santino Fontana

Alex Sharp

Jonathan Groff

Robert Fairchild

Brian d'Arcy James

Colin Donnell

Ramin Karimloo

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  Sep 22 2015, 08:41:59 PM

** MY QUIBBLES **

In "Burn", the lyric "Let future historians wonder how Eliza reacted..." took me out of the moment a bit. It seems out of place. It feels like Lin is taking a big arrow and pointing at the song saying "This part is fictional".

In "It's Quiet Uptown", after Eliza takes Hamilton's hand, the ensemble goes "... Forgiveness". My immediate thought was "Why are they singing the subtext?"

Most famous pas de deux  Sep 19 2015, 08:04:14 PM

I hope Chris Wheeldon's choreography of American in Paris becomes famous many years from now.

Best Turn by a Non-Singer in a Broadway Musical  Sep 5 2015, 04:51:47 PM

Does Lin-Manuel Miranda count? He can sing, but it's not his strongest suit.

Why is London getting Funny Girl and we aren't?  Jun 14 2015, 10:43:07 AM

I would also love to see Annaleigh Ashford do this role. She would get the comedy down.

She's not Jewish, but I think she does have a unique look.

The Official 2015 Tony Awards Viewing Party Thread  Jun 7 2015, 11:37:37 PM

The Tonys pass the Bechdel test.

Colin Firth in My Fair Lady  May 30 2015, 10:43:50 AM

Anna Kendrick will probably be Eliza. She's probably gonna belt that last note of "I Could Have Danced All Night", too.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You